Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Aw, shit. My favorite comment got deleted. It was a guy talking about how security was patting him down and he was like "Whoa, I'm here to see Soundgarden." There was more about not being a depressed goth or something. Haha.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Huh, everything except Ghosts and The Slip are completely inaccessible.

This one might be a Null release, and Rob's reworking the website to reveal that. Sucks that the TSN and GDT pages are busted now, though.
    GDT still works, you just have to refresh a couple times. Same was true over at nin.com and destroyangels.com.. both were kinda wonky at first with missing images / css at first. This suggests a content delivery issue, like one or more servers is non-responsive or buggy. TSN looks to have a direct PHP issue on the "store" part of the page.

The merch store on nin.com also now has the GDT soundtracks listed there. I really hope that modlife doesn't get to distribute the Gone Girl soundtrack. More likely it's just moving old stock to a more visible location.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    So? do we have a release date already? He has released the soundtracks before the movies premiered in the last two occasions, hope this time it's the same thing...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    My guess is that with the first two, Trent was still independent so they had a lot of control over the packaging and release via Null Corp. I'm betting this one will be released via Columbia Records and will probably go the route of most other movie soundtracks i.e. no big pre-release hype, likely available day of theatrical release.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^Good guess, it makes a lot of sense, cheers!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    His recording contract with Columbia was not a traditional contract (Hesitation Marks was "Null Corporation, under exclusive license to Columbia Records"... like a glorified distribution deal) and may very well have been a one-record deal.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    And Atticus wasn't (and still isn't) signed to Columbia, so there's no reason for them to be releasing it under that EVEN IF nin still is.

Sony Music (which I know is the same thing) is more likely if not Null

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    True, but HTDA is Columbia, which he is a part of, which made me think that as well. Anyway, Trent wasn't extensively touring and promoting an album during the last two soundtracks, so this time around it looks like it was just too low on the priority list to get the same spotlight treatment.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Soundtrack is gonna be released soon.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Which company is behind Gone Girl - would it be likely the soundtrack would be released under whichever company it is closely affiliated to? (its 20th century fox isn't it? Do they have a record division?)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    True, but HTDA is Columbia, which he is a part of, which made me think that as well.
    Just FYI, HTDA has the same type of distribution deal with Columbia as NIN. Welcome Oblivion is ℗ and © HTDA, LLC, distributed by Columbia Records.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Which company is behind Gone Girl - would it be likely the soundtrack would be released under whichever company it is closely affiliated to? (its 20th century fox isn't it? Do they have a record division?)
    Fox Music. Looking at this year's films, it looks like they license out the recordings to Sony Classical for the actual manufacturing and distribution.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The last two were both Sony/Null weren't they? And those were same general crew.

Just as long as it's not Mondo, can't afford to pay for another overpriced deluxe LP :P

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    If this is released by Null, would this be the first release printed and copyrighted The Null Corporation II (filed June 2012)?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    If this is released by Null, would this be the first release printed and copyrighted The Null Corporation II (filed June 2012)?
    Seed 7 was (C) Null Corp, so I doubt Null Corporation II is for music releases. Probably an ARG.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    The last two were both Sony/Null weren't they? And those were same general crew.
    Doesn't matter who the crew is. The studio is the only thing that matters. Now, if they give TR carte blanche on the release of the soundtrack, we might see something special.

That's apparently what happened with Columbia Pictures who made both TGWTDT and TSN, and because of either TR or Fincher (or both), gave them carte blanche over the soundtrack release. Columbia allowed Null to self-publish the release. But this is 20th Century Fox, and we don't know what they're going to allow. They might say, no, we don't do that, you can only do it through our established labels. And they might dictate that they can only do a standard soundtrack CD release.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Gone Girl will be screened at Zurich Film Festival on September 29th, 6PM local time, just a few days after the world premiere at NYFF (September 26th)

http://zff.com/en/programme/movies/8330/gone-girl/

I am going : )

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dariocotti View Post
    Gone Girl will be screened at Zurich Film Festival on September 29th, 6PM local time, just a few days after the world premiere at NYFF (September 26th)

http://zff.com/en/programme/movies/8330/gone-girl/

I am going : )
    The way things are going you'll hear the score before anyone here because nothing will have been released yet!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Gone Girl track listing, where are youuu?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but do we even have a ballpark length on this? Are we looking at a single disc/80 minute max? Multiple discs? Or just really no clue whatsoever?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but do we even have a ballpark length on this? Are we looking at a single disc/80 minute max? Multiple discs? Or just really no clue whatsoever?
    21 days and counting...
    No information at all on anything.
    At think we're gonna get all the information in one press release.
    We should take bets on which day the info is gonna be released.

I go for Monday September 22, 2014

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    21 days and counting...
    No information at all on anything.
    At think we're gonna get all the information in one press release.
    We should take bets on which day the info is gonna be released.

I go for Monday September 22, 2014
    I'm thinking sampler released this week (beginning 15th sept) followed by full thing 27th sept, a week before the film release

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    The recent interview they did mentioned that they'd maxed out at 2 hours of raw music, so it'll probably be a single-disc affair, unless they use all 2 hours of it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tuesday 23rd I reckon, if we're going for arbitrary bets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did you recently checked http://www.gonegirlmovie.com/ ?
    It's now full of small informations, details about the story.
    Maybe there is some hidden sounds in it ? I can't search for it today.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    how do we even know thats there's gonna be a soundtrack at all?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    how do we even know thats there's gonna be a soundtrack at all?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Also, promotion for it https://twitter.com/GoneGirlMovie/st...03163422449664
    Last edited by sheepdean; 09-14-2014 at 01:17 AM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Also, promotion for it https://twitter.com/GoneGirlMovie/st...03163422449664
    Yeah, it would be terrible to win an Oscar again with an OST that's not purcheasable.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    @martin_b that's for the film, not the soundtrack - that poster's been out for a while