Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1648

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I've got some amazon vouchers to spend, and I really want to get Gone Girl on bluray but does anyone think there will be a special edition with features? I'd love to see a feature on the orchestra side particularly

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I've got some amazon vouchers to spend, and I really want to get Gone Girl on bluray but does anyone think there will be a special edition with features? I'd love to see a feature on the orchestra side particularly
    Almost certainly, and for sure if there's any Oscar wins.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    After the golden globes I'm thinking the only Oscar it has a real chance of winning is the adapted screenplay. However they like to put nominations on the box too and it has plenty of chances for those at the oscars

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I actually don't think this is the case. Double dips rarely happen anymore -- and when they do it's usually stripped down versions, not better ones. They're doing it for X-Men: Days Of Future Past, but that's a case where everyone knew there was an alternate cut of the movie and were ready to milk it.

My money is on this being the only version of Gone Girl (especially with Fincher already having done the commentary), short of Criterion picking it up some distant day.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Did someone recive Vinyl+CD in Europe ? My pack is 3 weeks in transit now

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Only received my CD a couple of days ago, just under three weeks after it was dispatched.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Instagram of Trent, Mariqueen, Atticus and Liberty Ross from the Golden Globes account

http://instagram.com/p/x07jbCIKZM/?modal=true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did you guys noticed that there is some duration differences between the CD and digital versions ? (For exemple "With Suspicion" is 3:19 for the digital version and 4:01 on CD)
    Last edited by blitzkrieg; 01-14-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KreTafkA View Post
    Did someone recive Vinyl+CD in Europe ? My pack is 3 weeks in transit now
    Vinyl will be released januari 19th
    Till now I did not order a cd, so I cannot answer that.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Even when his sister posts an instagram, Atticus is still cut out. Poor Atticus.

http://instagram.com/p/x19ecYLA_5/

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post
    Did you guys noticed that there is some duration differences between the CD and digital versions ? (For exemple "With Suspicion" is 3:19 for the digital version and 4:01 on CD)
    It totally is, good catch. There's also a complete ending for "The Way He Looks At Me" (instead of a cross-fade to the next track) for the disc break.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    No Oscar nom, Bill, you can come leave comments now

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Ridiculous. The only score I've heard this year that was in the same league as Gone Girl was Foxcatcher, and neither are nominated.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    When you look at the nominees it's not that shocking. I think Gary Yershon pretty much took T&A spot. I haven't heard his score.
    The rest of the nominations are, in my opinion, well deserved.

There was no chance in hell they would have won anyway.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    The rest of the nominations are, in my opinion, well deserved.
    Couldn't agree less. I've seen all the nominated films, I didn't think the score notably enhanced the film in any case.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I wish David Fincher would tackle a "bigger" picture. Something that's simultaneously box office and award material. And do something really good with it. And have Trent and Atticus score it.

Then win all of the Oscars.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    I wish David Fincher would tackle a "bigger" picture. Something that's simultaneously box office and award material. And do something really good with it. And have Trent and Atticus score it.
    ...which Fincher film are you thinking of that doesn't cover that? Haven't all of his films garnered big box office and big awards?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Its all politics. Im sure Trent's tweet about "Fuck the Grammys" (paraphrasing) has something to do with the score not being nominated. Could be wrong but wouldn't be surprised.

Although I am shocked Gone Girl in general didn't receive shit except Best Actress.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    ...which Fincher film are you thinking of that doesn't cover that? Haven't all of his films garnered big box office and big awards?
    Alien3 and Panic Room spring to mind.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    In America, yes, quite big. But I mean something that crosses over into other markets as well - a movie that actually gets some buzz in my country, for example. Some movie theater chains in Brazil didn't show Gone Girl at all. Between Fight Club and this, TSN was the only one that people really talked about here, and it was mostly due to Oscars buzz. Everything else was just... cable TV movies, as much as I enjoy them. Film critics seem to be the only people giving a shit about Fincher here.

Maybe 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea would've been the "big movie" I'm referring to here. That sounded cool, big, and perhaps award-worthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In America, yes, quite big. But I mean something that crosses over into other markets as well - a movie that actually gets some buzz in my country, for example. Some movie theater chains in Brazil didn't show Gone Girl at all. Between Fight Club and this, TSN was the only one that people really talked about here, and it was mostly due to Oscars buzz. Everything else was just... cable TV movies, as much as I enjoy them. Film critics seem to be the only people giving a shit about Fincher here.

Maybe 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea would've been the "big movie" I'm referring to here. That sounded cool, big, and perhaps award-worthy.
    From what I've read I am guessing that they never came up with a decent script for Leagues. Fincher has no desire to do "cool," "big" movies, unless there is something else about them that he finds attractive. He also wants ABSOLUTE CONTROL of his movies, something that studios don't often give out for the biggest budget movies. Also, I think Fincher is still bitter about what happened with Alien 3. By the way, Gone Girl actually did quite well for a talky drama in foreign countries-54% of its box office revenue is from foreign receipts, and that is without anything showing for Japan and China.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Well no need to bother with the Oscars then. They've done a good job in ensuring the oscars will be a giant snooze-fest this year

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
    From what I've read I am guessing that they never came up with a decent script for Leagues. Fincher has no desire to do "cool," "big" movies, unless there is something else about them that he finds attractive. He also wants ABSOLUTE CONTROL of his movies, something that studios don't often give out for the biggest budget movies. Also, I think Fincher is still bitter about what happened with Alien 3. By the way, Gone Girl actually did quite well for a talky drama in foreign countries-54% of its box office revenue is from foreign receipts, and that is without anything showing for Japan and China.
    Yeah, I suppose I'll never see him direct a big summer movie that's also really really good, because he needs to be in control of it. You said it better than I did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Reposting what I wrote on Oct. 21.

Absolutely not. They'll be among those considered, but what you have to realize is that non-orchestral scores are rarely nominated. The Social Network score was aided by the overall worth of the movie, as indicated by the number of nominations. The way I understand the nomination process is that for many of the categories voting is closed to most of the Academies 6000 members. Instead the members who are in that particular field (composition, in this case) would select the five who are nominated, then the voting is opened up to all 6000 members to select a winner from the five. What this means is that the Gone Girl score could be heavily favored among the 6000, and still not be one of the top five as selected by the small minority. Generally this is an old boys club, with the same people receiving votes every year (John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Desplat), along with one or two fresh faces. No John Williams this year helps, but Zimmer and Desplat might take up three of the nomination spots.
    To add to that, I will be surprised if Reznor/Ross ever receive another nomination, without being attached to a movie that receives MANY nominations. The composition branch simply does not favor electronic scores. There also might be some jealousy involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I suppose I'll never see him direct a big summer movie that's also really really good, because he needs to be in control of it. You said it better than I did.
    By the way, news was just leaked this week that Fincher/Affleck/Flynn are planning to remake (or at least adapt another version from Highsmith's book) Strangers on a Train. Still in the early planning stages, so it might not happen.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Alien3 and Panic Room spring to mind.
    Well Alien3 is Alien3. But $200m at box office and a smattering of Saturns and an ASCAP award isn't exactly poor performance.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    The Oscars are very conservative. Oscar voters are 93% white, 76% male with average age of 63
    Not even the Lego Movie was nominated in the animated category. It was one of the most successful movie of the year.

Anyways, for what it's worth. Variety did noticed the Gone Girl snub but only in the Best Picture and Best Director category. No mention of the score.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    They didn't get nominated for a BAFTA either, but I didn't take that as a snub because they were nominated for TGWTDT, also the one that took the place was that Mica Levi, Under the Skin that I've been reading good things about over the past few months. I just don't know where this Mr Turner score came from? Out of left field. Is it orchestral?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    The Oscars are very conservative. Oscar voters are 93% white, 76% male with average age of 63
    Not even the Lego Movie was nominated in the animated category. It was one of the most successful movie of the year.

Anyways, for what it's worth. Variety did noticed the Gone Girl snub but only in the Best Picture and Best Director category. No mention of the score.
    I've seen the score snub mentioned, too, as well as adapted screenplay. In USA Today, maybe?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
    By the way, news was just leaked this week that Fincher/Affleck/Flynn are planning to remake (or at least adapt another version from Highsmith's book) Strangers on a Train. Still in the early planning stages, so it might not happen.

You late son! lol been discussing it in the Gone Girl movie thread