Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    In the past have download links been sent out around midnight or later in the day?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan829 View Post
    In the past have download links been sent out around midnight or later in the day?
    3 a.m. EST (midnight Pacific)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Looking back, I got the notices from Modlife for downloading Hesitation Marks around 18:00 UTC and for Welcome Oblivion around 23:15 UTC. So who knows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Love this soundtrack... A bit surprised to hear some recycled sounds but they all work well. I just ripped individual tracks from youtube so at least now I'll be able to tell what's what.. I listened to the NPR stream at least once a day since since it was released..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Trent chats about Gone Girl, steals Atticus' outfit http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsono...-girl-20140928

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Does "Appearances" not sound like it's something from Super Mario 64? Chilling.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Why isn't ninwiki.com ever working correctly?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just saw the film, and the score is even more chilling sounding within context of the film. Much like I suspected Technically, Missing is used for the story's most important montage sequence, and it's pretty fucking awesome.

The movie itself was great and EXTREMELY close to the book itself, so whatever you loved or didn't like about the book, will be the exact same things you like or don't like about the movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Just saw the film, and the score is even more chilling sounding within context of the film. Much like I suspected Technically, Missing is used for the story's most important montage sequence, and it's pretty fucking awesome.

The movie itself was great and EXTREMELY close to the book itself, so whatever you loved or didn't like about the book, will be the exact same things you like or don't like about the movie.
    what other tracks did you notice in the film? were there a lot of tracks on the OST that weren't in the film?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomy1992 View Post
    what other tracks did you notice in the film? were there a lot of tracks on the OST that weren't in the film?
    For the most part everything was used, I think. Some tracks were used for merely seconds, but quite a few were used in full. Honestly, one of the most effective moments in the film soundtrack wise, is the scene that Consummation/ the hidden track is used in. Definitely even more unsettling and cringeworthy than the "Floor Buffer" track/scene from Dragon Tattoo. I can't get that scene out of my head, honestly.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Trent chats about Gone Girl, steals Atticus' outfit http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsono...-girl-20140928
    When the woman mentions TGWTDT, Trent kinda dismisses it. I wonder why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    For the most part everything was used, I think. Some tracks were used for merely seconds, but quite a few were used in full. Honestly, one of the most effective moments in the film soundtrack wise, is the scene that Consummation/ the hidden track is used in. Definitely even more unsettling and cringeworthy than the "Floor Buffer" track/scene from Dragon Tattoo. I can't get that scene out of my head, honestly.
    From reading the book i can kinda guess what scene consummation is used in. Is the track "Just Like You" used? The end to that track is some of the most beautiful stuff trent has ever put out imo.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSoldier333 View Post
    Does "Appearances" not sound like it's something from Super Mario 64? Chilling.
    Wow. I thought the same exact thing.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomy1992 View Post
    From reading the book i can kinda guess what scene consummation is used in. Is the track "Just Like You" used? The end to that track is some of the most beautiful stuff trent has ever put out imo.
    Yep Consummation is the scene you're thinking about and it's 3x as graphic as it was in the book.

Also, yes Just Like You is used really early on and the first half is used predominantly while the second half is background piano music for a dinner scene at an Amazing Amy book release party.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    When the woman mentions TGWTDT, Trent kinda dismisses it. I wonder why.
    Probably cause there's not a whole lot to say beyond what he was already talking about. He also doesn't talk about Gone Girl all that much when you think about it. He talks about using an orchestra and the mood they wanted to set, but the whole interview seemed to be more about their process when doing a score.

It's always interesting to hear about what kind of new gear Trent has been playing with. That instrument he was describing sounds intriguing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Looking forward to a pdf with the download!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I immediately thought it sounded like Robin was playing on Technically, Missing.

I want the album credits for this shit.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Refreshing my order page like a nerd instead of doing my shitload of homework. Anyone else hoping for the download tonight?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Refreshing my order page like a nerd instead of doing my shitload of homework. Anyone else hoping for the download tonight?
    Exactly what I'm doing right now. It is up on iTunes and everywhere but nin.com.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I believe this happened with Dragon Tattoo as well - staggered release through nin.com, took hours for everyone to get it. I'm not quite sure if I'm remembering that right, though.

If it's not out in the next half hour, I'm just downloading it tomorrow.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I recall getting my Dragon Tattoo files at like two PM LA time.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I believe this happened with Dragon Tattoo as well - staggered release through nin.com, took hours for everyone to get it. I'm not quite sure if I'm remembering that right, though.

If it's not out in the next half hour, I'm just downloading it tomorrow.
    "Staggered release" = modlife sucks balls at prompt content delivery

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yes, the term 'SOON' is just too important when it comes to any release from the NIN camp.

Next time we all should record those preview streams that are all over the place instead of a pre-order with no benefit at all.

Come on, MODLIFE, please don't wait till its Tuesday 30rd of September on Hawaii!
    Last edited by thetourist; 09-30-2014 at 03:08 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I believe this happened with Dragon Tattoo as well - staggered release through nin.com, took hours for everyone to get it.
    Now that you mention it, I recall that being the case too. I only just pre-ordered like 5 hours ago, so if it's staggered according to purchase time I'm definitely fucked for a while. Oh well.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thetourist View Post
    Yes, the term 'SOON' is just too important when it comes to any release from the NIN camp.

Next time we all should record those preview streams that are all over the place instead of a pre-order with no benefit at all.

Come on, MODLIFE, please don't wait till its Tuesday 30rd of September on Hawaii!
    Er, the pre-order from nin.com gives you the lossless files unavailable elsewhere, how is that not a benefit?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    let me add that some tracks were slightly different from the streaming on npr, someone will have to find the FYC CDs.
    I enjoyed the movie, although a bit let down by the mix but that was likely due to the fact that I was sitting at the back of the cinema.
    Also I'm not sure that all tracks were used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't listen to the stream on NPR, so I am 5 tracks in listening to it on Spotify for the first time. I gotta say I find it very refreshing. It's nice to hear a new sound from TR+AR, not that I have anything against what they usually do. I feel like they were falling into a pattern, but this is new take for them. Me gusta so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh, totally forgot about those shiny lossless files.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Er, the pre-order from nin.com gives you the lossless files unavailable elsewhere, how is that not a benefit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fincher BBC interview on October 5th about the music in his films.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04ksdx3

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggies_pinion View Post
    Fincher BBC interview on October 5th about the music in his films.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04ksdx3
    Ooh, Radio 6, it'll actually be good