49 Post(s)
    Technically Missing has a Day the World Went Away vibe to me

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    i know iTunes.... i know...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GanduGains View Post
    Samples are inevitable with big releases like this. Anyone with half a brain would know that. And why anyone would try and predict anything when it comes to Trent Reznor is a mystery to me. He will always surprise in surprisingly surprising ways.
    If no one can predict what Trent will do, why would anyone know when a stream or samples would be available? Your original question was unanswerable by anyone outside of the gone girl camp.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ...better watch out! Some little French boy likes to facepalm iTunes pics.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    i know iTunes.... i know...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm really looking forward to hearing it on vinyl. That's going to be a great hour and a half. Headphones and IPA.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The piano is just freaking gorgeous...why haven't I ordered yet? Going to get the cd+download. I don't know anything about rips or whatever else but will have some good music to listen to soon! We get this and a dvd of this past tour? Freaking awesome. Love being a NIN fan, so glad Wave Goodbye wasn't goodbye..it was just the next kick butt chapter of NIN! I haven't listened to all of TSN or TGWTDT but so far..I like this better.

And no, I didn't know a score usually has no vocals to it..got it confused with a soundtrack, lol, late to the party on that one, like really late haha.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This makes me wanna buy a record player dang it. I gotta get one.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Should At Risk have a question mark at the end or not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do you think that the vinyl will be distributed in records shops, or is it a nin.com exclusivity ?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    sorry double post
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 09-25-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Technically, Missing though...

ERMAGHERD!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Should At Risk have a question mark at the end or not?
    If the ending is anything like the ending of the book…then yes. (SPOILER)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    You guys...this is legit amazing. Expert level work. I'm stunned. Why can't nine inch nails get this experimental while still keeping some of the pop elements? This feels forward.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Is anyone getting a heavy TDTWWA vibe from the track that is halfway through (the stream doesn't tell me names and I'm too lazy to count)?

And which track is Echoes, I know I'm hearing it somewhere.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Echoes is the first track What Have We Done To Each Other? and the TDTWWA-vibe track is Technically, Missing, I think.
    Last edited by Atu; 09-25-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Is anyone getting a heavy TDTWWA vibe from the track that is halfway through (the stream doesn't tell me names and I'm too lazy to count)?
    You can use the Individual Tracks option and add all tracks to the playlist. Voila, names!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    You can use the Individual Tracks option and add all tracks to the playlist. Voila, names!
    Genius! I've just been streaming it from the link at the top and wondering how y'all knew the names.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    On topic: can't wait to listen to this tonight.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    NYFF are getting a preview of the film tomorrow, anyone going to hear this in context?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sugar Storm remind me of something from final fantasy 7

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GanduGains View Post
    My first reaction to hearing the score was, "BA BAH BAH BAH BAH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONKIEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

It's certified fresh boonkie as far as I'm concerned. ; )

literally, same.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I think I like TGWTDT soundtrack better as music, but this sounds like a much, much better soundtrack for a movie. Although, obviously I won't know for sure until i see it in the theater.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    It's good music, more melody and focus than Dragon Tattoo, but like that album it feels rather monotonous to me. TSN has more variety and more high points - and a very memorable main theme, which I think both these subsequent scores have lacked. Though granted a 1-time listen outside the context of the film is probably not the best judge of that.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    It's good music, more melody and focus than Dragon Tattoo, but like that album it feels rather monotonous to me. TSN has more variety and more high points - and a very memorable main theme, which I think both these subsequent scores have lacked. Though granted a 1-time listen outside the context of the film is probably not the best judge of that.
    i disagree about GG being monotone in comparison to TSN. In fact, I feel like GG splits the difference between the pugnacious simplicity of TSN and the intensely woven ambience of TGWTDT. The more i listen to it the more I like it; can't wait to see it with the film.
    Last edited by HurtinMinorKey; 09-25-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just finished listening to the whole thing with headphones and depending on how it complements the movie, this could be Trent’s second Oscar right there.
    It already stands on its own beautifully. The movie can only make it shine even more.
    I think the songwriting is superior than TGWTDT. I think it follows more of a guiding line than Tattoo.
    With that being said, I didn't get the WOW factor I got with TSN but it's damn close.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I don't think anything's gonna recreate the wow factor that TSN had. It was all new back then.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Glad to hear the consensus is that it stands alone more that TGWTDT.

I love the mood of the Dragon Tattoo score, but it's a slog to get through and works better in small doses. I normally hate those people that try to condense down albums, but the Dragon Tattoo score has one AMAZING disc of music on it, with two other discs of okay-to-good material.

TSN on the other hand, despite working so fantastically in the movie, also totally stands alone to me. It's a great album of music, brimming with creativity. In fact, that's usually what I use it for, especially during shitty school assignments where it's hard to find inspiration.

Really looking forward to this. Tuesday is so close... in theory...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Dragon Tattoo is perfect train book-reading music. You just put it on and let it happen. Doesn't need to make itself known.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Ok...I'm going to be THAT guy. \

Im not gunna beat around the bush,,,would anyone be nice enough to PM me a rip?

PLEASE? My computer sucks the big one and I'd like to listen to this while editing commercials at work tomorrow. Servers do not allow any outside websites.
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 09-25-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    yeah, i need more time with this, but to compare with the other scores so far: TSN, as has been mentioned by others, totally works for me as an album, something i will put on to listen to like any other killer record. TGWTDT is much more background music to me. it worked quite well in the movie, i think. when i have it on while doing other things there are several points in the score where i literally have to stop what i'm doing because the music grabs me. so far i have not heard those moments in the new work. of course two listens to a stream while at work does not count as a fair assessment, i guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great work , headphones made it better , now just need to piece it together with film..is it me or is there a lot of layering?