Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Also, promotion for it https://twitter.com/GoneGirlMovie/st...03163422449664
    They better get a fucken move on then

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @sheepdean

Thank you. I was under the impression that these are the soundtrack premiere dates.

So... we re still waiting for an official info then.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    This is just awesome

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Seriously... That guitar at the end of the trailer.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Whomever has the rights to release it would be stupid not to, as they're Oscar winning composers with a dedicated fan base, so right off the bat they're gonna sell more copies than most soundtrack scores do these days (not counting reissues and the vinyl soundtrack boom). I'm sure we'll see some release before the end of the year, probably more simple like Social Network was.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    So, did you guys all miss the part of the Wall Street Journal article, right at the very beginning, where it says the score is due out October 10?
    Their score for David Fincher's new movie, Gone Girl, in theaters October 3, is due the following week.
    Seriously, was that there the whole time? I must have skimmed right past it. Pado_ on Twitter pointed it out to me.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    So, did you guys all miss the part of the Wall Street Journal article, right at the very beginning, where it says the score is due out October 10?

Seriously, was that there the whole time? I must have skimmed right past it. Pado_ on Twitter pointed it out to me.
    I seriously did not see that initially?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    No, I'm pretty sure you're reading that wrong. They themselves have to turn in the score the week after the interview was conducted, which was well over a month ago, I believe. That's how I read it, and I'm pretty sure most others in this thread read it that way as well.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post

We talked about that a few pages back. Given the past tense of that part of the article, I don't think that was implying the score comes out a week after the movie, I think it meant that the score was due the week after the interview was conducted. Albums also don't come out on Fridays typically, so October 10 would make no sense.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    You need to read both sentences.

MUSICIANS TRENT REZNOR and Atticus Ross are sitting in a studio in Hollywood, staring down the barrel of a rapidly approaching deadline with an air of game fatalism. Their score is due the following week.

Last edited by butter_hole; 09-17-2014 at 01:33 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    From reading articles on the film, it sounds like its a very spoilerish film, like it would be easy to ruin the experience by too much being revealed, maybe releasing the score before release would give too much away? (song titles etc, or just the tone of music). I mean everyone knew how the other two films were going to end so it didn't matter then! But this film seems to have diverged from the book a lot

More info on the film

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/gone-gi...569206622.html
    Last edited by WorzelG; 09-17-2014 at 01:41 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    You need to read both sentences.

MUSICIANS TRENT REZNOR and Atticus Ross are sitting in a studio in Hollywood, staring down the barrel of a rapidly approaching deadline with an air of game fatalism. Their score is due the following week.

I read both sentences and while I agree that the intent was not likely what Matt (and myself as well) pulled out of it, it is what makes sense grammatically. The reference to a specific date just before saying "following week" places context on the statement (a context that you edited out). This is crap writing.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If I were a betting person, it's not the writer's fault. A well-meaning editor probably added the release date of the movie. It was likely somewhere lower in the story, and he/she thought what made the story "timely" should be up high.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    If I were a betting person, it's not the writer's fault. A well-meaning editor probably added the release date of the movie. It was likely somewhere lower in the story, and he/she thought what made the story "timely" should be up high.
    Ok, crap editing then.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    So we're back to square one with no release date. At least we had something to get us all excited for a few hours.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I skim the Wall Street Journal, I skim ETS, confusion abounds. It seems like a plausible date, but I agree, what's more plausible is that the editing wasn't great right there.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    From reading articles on the film, it sounds like its a very spoilerish film, like it would be easy to ruin the experience by too much being revealed, maybe releasing the score before release would give too much away?
    I seem to remember Trent Reznor addressing song titles for scores in an interview about TSN's score.

The gist, as I remember and understood it, was that the above will never be a problem. We are not likely to see a song titled "Main Title Theme" or "Car Chase", for example.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I seem to remember Trent Reznor addressing song titles for scores in an interview about TSN's score.

The gist, as I remember and understood it, was that the above will never be a problem. We are not likely to see a song titled "Main Title Theme" or "Car Chase", for example.
    Only on the "For Your Consideration" album.

"Bathroom Sex"

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Only on the "For Your Consideration" album.

"Bathroom Sex"
    The "titles" for that sampler include a movie cue plus the actual track name.

The only exception to this is "Dinner With Sean", which I believe to be not much more than a "musical doodle" that fit well for a small section of the film score, but not in the soundtrack itself. TR/AR had no participation in the assembly of that sampler, to my knowledge.

Edit: Okay, I'm not sure about the actual track names being posted, but regardless, the FYC samplers are put together by studios for critics/judges. This aids in the judging process by making it easy to pick out where a song is used in a film (effectiveness is everything in film scores).
    Last edited by Jon; 09-17-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I hope Trent includes "Lick my love pump"

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Just over two weeks from movie release date and still no news on the soundtrack release? Bleh

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Just over two weeks from movie release date and still no news on the soundtrack release? Bleh
    It was a fortnight before for the previous two that they dropped so maybe it'll be sudden?

As long as it's not some bullshit Beats-only sampler. Which it will be. So, when it is, someone rip it and hmu.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Wasn't their deadline for the soundtrack a week ago, according to that article that was linked to?

The soundtrack...is out there...somewhere...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The WSJ interview was conducted far before the story was actually published.

The interview was the day after the recording with full orchestra. ("Today they'll listen to music for the film they recorded the day before with a live orchestra.") If you go by TR's Instagram, they recorded with the orchestra on July 8. The score, according to the first paragraph, was due one week after the day of the interview. So approximately July 15.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm not really up to date with what, say, Hans Zimmer (the only other person I can think of that probably has as close to a brand recognition as TR) does every time he scores a movie. Does it just turn up on iTunes a week later? Are there scores of fans waiting for the deluxe version? A regular CD release?

As far as I know, the Dragon Tattoo score didn't do too great; especially the deluxe edition. Maybe the studio want to go the digital only route, or maybe they're just treating it as any other score, and not the new piece of music from the big rock star man. Surely if there was a package of any sort - or even a regular CD - it would have turned up on release lists by now.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Zimmer does deluxes still, as do many composers - hell, there's independent, low budget films that still have physical releases. The $300 boxset was a bad idea for TGWTDT, but I doubt that's going to mean digital only. Card sleeve CD is guaranteed, but the level that TGWTDT (and maybe even TSN) got is unlikely.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    All I want is vinyl + digital download. There doesn't need to be multiple release tiers.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If digital-only still includes Apple Lossless, I'm happy. These days the CD or vinyl will only sit on my shelf anyway. JUST PUT IT IN MY EARS NOW-ISH, TR/AR

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    If digital-only still includes Apple Lossless, I'm happy. These days the CD or vinyl will only sit on my shelf anyway. JUST PUT IT IN MY EARS NOW-ISH, TR/AR
    I'll give you digital files for all your NIN vinyl, seems like a good deal y/y

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Bring back Blu-ray Audio like we had for The Social Network. I want lossless 5.1 surround dammit!