Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Grimes

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uraki14 View Post
    Yeah I still hate the California Remix... it just seems so fake compared to the video. I wish she would have left it alone. At least the Cowboy is hot.
    objectification!!!!! how dare you!!!!! just kidding.

I like Grimes' "French" fashion style in this video. The outdoors shots have a nice filter on them that make them look Parisian. The rest of the video is just lazy. It seems like a "let's dress Grimes up in different outfits" like a Barbie doll or something.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 05-13-2016 at 05:35 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i think if i had heard this version of the song FIRST, i'd like it. but knowing what the normal version sounds like, this one feels a bit off. the video was cute, though. not her best but not her worst.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    http://pitchfork.com/news/66147-grim...rclays-center/

Grimes Walks Off Stage at Barclays Center

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    http://pitchfork.com/news/66147-grim...rclays-center/

Grimes Walks Off Stage at Barclays Center
    i hope she's ok...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    My guess is stalker related or something similar. If it was a health issue, that would be a pretty unusual way of phrasing it. Hope the situation gets taken care off. As someone who works in this business, it's getting really tiring to have to be so conscious and skeptical about every single thing happening around you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Apparently something is going down. She said on Twitter that she can not legally talk about it right now. She also mentioned there will be a new song on the Suicide Squad soundtrack.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Apparently something is going down. She said on Twitter that she can not legally talk about it right now. She also mentioned there will be a new song on the Suicide Squad soundtrack.
    something probably happened in BK/NYC and the cops are dealing with it. They always tell you to keep quiet which rarely ever happens.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well, this is good.
    BBC-i-player Grimes at Glastonbury 2016, 50 mins, HD available http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ry-2016-grimes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    Well, this is good.
    BBC-i-player Grimes at Glastonbury 2016, 50 mins, HD available http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ry-2016-grimes
    Everyone should watch this awesome live performance. This is clearly one of her best concerts ever.

1. laughing and not being normal
    2. REALiTi
    3. Flesh Without Blood
    4. Venus Fly
    5. Artangels
    6. Go
    7. Be a Body
    8. Genesis
    9. SCREAM
    10. Ave Maria
    11. Oblivion
    12. World Princess Part II
    13. Kill V. Maim

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Saw her just after Glastonbury. She had the flu but was still absolutely bloody brilliant. Was so great hearing "Go" in the flesh.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    that works better than i thought it would, but it's not as flawless as it could be in terms of balancing things. the chorus definitely works better than the verse.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Grimes has made a mixtape for R3 - http://www.thefader.com/2016/07/15/g...pe-bbc-radio-3

Anyone able to rip this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know it won't happen, but I really kind of wish this new song of hers from the Suicide Squad would leak. I'm desperately awaiting to see what kind of direction it is in!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have to say I am rather disappointed with the new song off the soundtrack. It sounds like it has potential but was just abandoned to be an album misfit. It isn't terrible just not what I was hoping for in her pop Art Angels field nor obscure Visions era. Sounds exactly like a soundtrack song.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So... Grimes has just released a whole bunch of new music videos..

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm not really much for music videos, but making these as the official music videos was a disappointing choice. They're disappointing.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    I'm not really much for music videos, but making these as the official music videos was a disappointing choice. They're disappointing.
    Yeah, I agree. A 38 min film about the tour would have been more interesting, on and off stage footage etc etc.
    Scream is a horrible track, the Hana tracks are boring as a glass of water, and if I see one more exaggerated dance move with someone wrapped in flowing cloth it'll be too soon.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I'm guessing she's in a similar situation as Melanie Martinez, where she wants music videos for every video but the record label won't fund them for all the non single tracks. MM' last 4 videos are decent but you can tell they lack the professional production, writing, etc of earlier videos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I appreciate the work that went into them, but I'm really put off by all these different songs having the same visual. Butterfly deserves something amazing as a music video.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I appreciate the work that went into them, but I'm really put off by all these different songs having the same visual. Butterfly deserves something amazing as a music video.
    Yes; fucking Butterfly. Thank you.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    New interview, discusses next album among other things http://vmagazine.com/article/v104-grimes-interview/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    New video for Venus Fly if anyone still gives a shit. So tired of Art Angels now but this is a fun enough watch.
    This is available in 4K if you have the capability..

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Well shit, this might be my favorite piece of music that Claire has made yet. This is fucking outstanding.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This was such a nice surprise before going to bed! She truly is just unlimited talent. Love this song and the video even if it isn't the official music video. Blows my mind she can put out a song that is more hard rocking than all of my favorite bands.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yeah this is great. She's amazing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So, that was straight up incredible! Seems like the wait for the album(s) will be worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Grimes sounding like Broken era Nin

Anyone heard the new song by Grimes called We Appreciate Power? Instrumental is bang on Nin Broken era. Would love to get an instrumental version of this track.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hope the rest of the album is this good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The first 15 seconds of the song really gives me a Land of Rape and Honey / Ministry vibe.