Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Grimes

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Song is beautiful. Grimes is beautiful.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    There are shots from the video that are absolutely gorgeous the way they are framed. Really curious to hear her collaboration with Janelle.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    There are shots from the video that are absolutely gorgeous the way they are framed. Really curious to hear her collaboration with Janelle.
    whaaaaat i didn't know they collaborated that's gonna be SO GOOD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Good track, I wish there was an instrument playing the vocal melody, rather than the void of reverb. That's a problem for the remixes, suppose. Hope Grimes' at Coachella!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    She has illustrated each track on the new album, the art can be found here http://actuallygrimes.tumblr.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Short article but worth it for the Pic of Claire wearing a KLF sweatshirt alone http://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/li..._source=idfbus

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    Short article but worth it for the Pic of Claire wearing a KLF sweatshirt alone http://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/li..._source=idfbus
    KLF as in The KLF?
    That shit went HARD when i was 11 or 12 (91 or 92.)
    I saw it on mtv but i haven't really thought of them since.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Sorry for double post, but i have to ask- @Rabbit and @Nyx , if you liked her last record, what is so awful about this one?
    To me it seems like another catchy breakbeat synthpop track, just like the other singles.
    Why don't you two like it?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    KLF as in The KLF?
    That shit went HARD when i was 11 or 12 (91 or 92.)
    I saw it on mtv but i haven't really thought of them since.
    Yeah, that ​KLF

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Sorry for double post, but i have to ask- Rabbit and @Nyx , if you liked her last record, what is so awful about this one?
    To me it seems like another catchy breakbeat synthpop track, just like the other singles.
    Oh, I totally changed my mind on this track and now play it about 5 times per day because I can't get enough of it...completely obsessed with it and the video too. It happens.
    I will say, though, that if this wasn't Grimes, I probably wouldn't have bothered with repeat listenings and this song wouldn't have had the chance to grow on me like it did. I will also say that the verses (especially the opening one) still make me cringe a little but the rest more than makes up for it. I'm very excited about the album now.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Sorry for double post, but i have to ask- @Rabbit and @Nyx , if you liked her last record, what is so awful about this one?
    It's grown on me as well. I'm not obsessed with it or anything but it's not a bad song. My initial reaction was just a knee-jerk. I am looking forward to the new album.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Oh, I totally changed my mind on this track and now play it about 5 times per day because I can't get enough of it...completely obsessed with it and the video too. It happens.
    I will say, though, that if this wasn't Grimes, I probably wouldn't have bothered with repeat listenings and this song wouldn't have had the chance to grow on me like it did. I will also say that the verses (especially the opening one) still make me cringe a little but the rest more than makes up for it. I'm very excited about the album now.
    word. I LIKED this track (didn't love it,) and then i got kind of obsessed with it as well.
    I did the same thing with Oblivion and Genesis.
    I wonder what it is about Grimes that is so ear-wormy? Furthermore, i must admit that i never got into the whole record as much as i did the singles on the last one.
    The singles are some sort of aural opiate, it seems.
    @Camille , what was the KLF song that said "KAY EL EFF!" in it, as part of the hook?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    @Camille , what was the KLF song that said "KAY EL EFF!" in it, as part of the hook?
    It's called "3 Am Eternal."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Well, the new album is out on Friday digitally, with the physical delayed until December. Can't wait to get stuck into this album this weekend

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    heard some snippets from other songs. if you like the first single you'll probably like the rest of the album. it's a very uppity feel good album. i still kind of wish we got the other one she felt too "depressive" and scrapped. i think i'd probably like that one more

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    heard some snippets from other songs. if you like the first single you'll probably like the rest of the album. it's a very uppity feel good album. i still kind of wish we got the other one she felt too "depressive" and scrapped. i think i'd probably like that one more
    (So yeah, it leaked.)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I pre-ordered the digital, I'm going to wait till Friday.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    (So yeah, it leaked.)
    lololololololololol

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    lololololololololol
    Beware the trolled version (blips of non-Grimes stuff). On second go around I found a quality one. To me anyway.
    Last edited by Amaro; 11-04-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Halfway through and I love it, though I think a lot of people will dismiss it because it's so poppy.

Kill V. Maim is so good.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Halfway through and I love it, though I think a lot of people will dismiss it because it's so poppy.

Kill V. Maim is so good.
    Yeah one of the only ok tracks.

I canceled my preorder. It's so forgettable. This might as well be a Churches or Purity album. It's the route she took and it was a very poor decision. The best song on the album is Realiti, and that's not even the best version because the Demo track is better. She retains nothing about herself that is good, nothing. And fuck even the person she got to mix this failed. It's so bottom heavy, fuck.

A huge fall this was. Poor girl. I expect the backlash to be swift and brutal. She rebelled hard against all her fans after all her garbage pop tastes, and admiration for really crappy artists (despite the ones she sites that are great), it's as if she likes everything and liking everything is the same as liking nothing. I hate when someone tells me "i like everything" huh? really? she was worrying me with that crap and now i see why.

sigh, oh well.
    Last edited by Rabbit; 11-04-2015 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah one of the only ok tracks.

I canceled my preorder. It's so forgettable. This might as well be a Churches or Purity album. It's the route she took and it was a very poor decision. The best song on the album is Realiti, and that's not even the best version because the Demo track is better. She retains nothing about herself that is good, nothing. And fuck even the person she got to mix this failed. It's so bottom heavy, fuck.

A huge fall this was. Poor girl. I expect the backlash to be swift and brutal. She rebelled hard against all her fans after all her garbage pop tastes, and admiration for really crappy artists (despite the ones she sites that are great), it's as if she likes everything and liking everything is the same as liking nothing. I hate when someone tells me "i like everything" huh? really? she was worrying me with that crap and now i see why.

sigh, oh well.
    You're complaining about the mixing on a terrible low quality leak? Calm down and listen to the official release a few times before declaring her career over.

To quote the last line of the album - 'I'll never be your dream girl'.

Your post is extremely condescending and self important.

She's an artist doing what pleases her, she nailed what she was attempting to do on this album in my opinion.
    Last edited by Dream; 11-04-2015 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    You're complaining about the mixing on a terrible low quality leak? Calm down and listen to the official release a few times before declaring her career over.

To quote the last line of the album - 'I'll never be your dream girl'.

Your post is extremely condescending and self important.

She's an artist doing what pleases her, she nailed what she was attempting to do on this album in my opinion.
    different version leaked. 320kbps She's an artist alright, one that might have just seen her career tank.

How can you even be caught dead listening to "California" da faq? Was she trying to appear on the Disney network? Or how about "Easily" ? Sounds like a fucking TLC song from the 90s. GTFO

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    WTF she turn you down for prom back in high school or something? "This album blows/I don't like it" would've sufficed, but attacking her for her musical taste or for her even getting defensive because people of your same exact ilk shat on her for not listening exclusively to critic-approved shit is just retarded. GTFO.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdinsanity View Post
    WTF she turn you down for prom back in high school or something? "This album blows/I don't like it" would've sufficed, but attacking her for her musical taste or for her even getting defensive because people of your same exact ilk shat on her for not listening exclusively to critic-approved shit is just retarded. GTFO.
    i'm not attacking her, i didn't confront her face to face with my opinions. i'm just making an observation.

album is a disaster. sorry to ruffle your feathers.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i'm not attacking her, i didn't confront her face to face with my opinions. i'm just making an observation.

album is a disaster. sorry to ruffle your feathers.
    I'm sure she's crying about people hating her new record, all the way to the bank

Honestly though, @Rabbit ... you didn't like the single at first.

Is this record a "grower?"

Or is it just a bad record? I haven's heard it yet.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I can't find a 320 rip that isn't a transcode of the original one.

I recommend waiting for a proper rip to listen to it. The original leak has no dynamics, it sounds terrible compared it to the youtube versions of Flesh Without Blood and Scream.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I can't find a 320 rip that isn't a transcode of the original one.

I recommend waiting for a proper rip to listen to it. The original leak has no dynamics, it sounds terrible compared it to the youtube versions of Flesh Without Blood and Scream.
    honestly though,
    mixing can't save a bad record.

Is it breakbeat?
    That's what i really wanted, was more breakbeat. I love her breakbeat tracks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    honestly though,
    mixing can't save a bad record.

Is it breakbeat?
    That's what i really wanted, was more breakbeat. I love her breakbeat tracks.
    I was just commenting on the rip quality, it's almost as bad as listening to it in mono compared to the official tracks out there.

It's not breakbeat, it's straight pop, slightly twisted. If you like pop music and Grimes you'll love it.