Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Elizabeth Dane

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

The Elizabeth Dane

not just for John Carpenter fans, my new band is playing our first show on friday here in chicago.

i recorded our rehearsal with minimal mics yesterday and mixed it last night. we have three of the five songs up for free download over on our bandcamp page as the antonio bay demos!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i am the drummer, engineer, and producer in The Elizabeth Dane (for which i had forgotten i started a thread).

tonight at midnight, we released our debut single, Skeletal Sounds, which is available as a free digital download.

we also launched an Indie-Gogo campaign to get our full-length album pressed on vinyl (and every donation gets a free copy of the single).

if anyone of you are so inclined to help us out, i'd really appreciate it!

this is the only band i've ever been involved in where i feel like i have a proper, equal place in the group. we all respect one another, write collaboratively, and have a whole ton of fun. we've played a number of shows here in chicago, and we have two more coming up in the next month or so.

thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i am the drummer, engineer, and producer in The Elizabeth Dane (for which i had forgotten i started a thread).

tonight at midnight, we released our debut single, Skeletal Sounds, which is available as a free digital download.

we also launched an Indie-Gogo campaign to get our full-length album pressed on vinyl (and every donation gets a free copy of the single).

if anyone of you are so inclined to help us out, i'd really appreciate it!

this is the only band i've ever been involved in where i feel like i have a proper, equal place in the group. we all respect one another, write collaboratively, and have a whole ton of fun. we've played a number of shows here in chicago, and we have two more coming up in the next month or so.

thanks in advance!

cool stuff -- preordered the vinyl!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    cool stuff -- preordered the vinyl!
    thanks, dude! i'm glad you like it and that you felt compelled to contribute!

last night we had probably the best practice we've ever had, wrote a new (and super sexy) song, and we have a show thursday, so we're all pretty pumped!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Our full-length album, Into The Thinny, and its companion EP, Prone, are both officially released (digitally). You can also pre-order the album on vinyl through our Bandcamp.

I'm incredibly proud of this music and this band, and I hope you'll take a few minutes to check out what we've done.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 09-02-2014 at 08:01 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    We got a(n awesome) review! Check it out here.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Into The Thinny, now available on vinyl! Check out our bandcamp to order!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    yesterday i went and moved all of our equipment from our practice room (my old bedroom) into the garage. i set up microphones on everything and plotted out protools sessions. it took me about four hours.

today, we recorded 10 songs in less than six hours.

get ready for our next album.

our rhythm guitarist took this panoramic photo.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Our new album, "Paradising Bridge" is now available for pre-order on our bandcamp page. It comes with an immediate download of our new single, "I Saw Michael Myers Standing Outside My House"
    The single is also available separately as a pay what you want download, and comes with an exclusive Everson Poe remix.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    here's the single from our new album, set to a video of the cover art being created!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

our new album just got released at midnight! no april fool's jokes here! $10 digital, $10 cassettes (available april 22nd).

check it out on our bandcamp!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    our album is now in stock on cassette!

limited to 50 copies on (nickelodeon) orange! $10 from our bandcamp page http://theelizabethdane.bandcamp.com

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

1/2 of the elizabeth dane (aka me & dan, the bassist) have just released our new album, Giants. check it out over on Bandcamp!

Giants takes place in a world where, if you run, giants follow you. In our protagonist's case, the giants come from the pop culture he loved as a child. While fleeing from a rural valley to a small town in West Central Florida—abandoning every responsibility he has along the way—he finds himself pursued by G1 Transformers, Godzilla (the crappy American one), Goya's Colossus, and others. Sometimes the giants come out of nowhere. Sometimes they mutate from his family and friends. He's good at evading them...for a time.

As his flaws and the giants themselves become bigger and more expansive, so does the music, evolving from pop punk to '90s alternative, sludge metal, ambient, and back.