Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Deafheaven

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Discogs culture pisses me off too. My local shop prices ALL of their used records on the Median price off of Discogs. And I've caught them selling used copies of shit for like 80 dollars before, based on Discogs, when the exact same release was still in their bins in the original shrink wrap for 25.
    Yeah Ive seen a lot that at local shops too and its super annoying. That kills the whole beauty of digging and then just the satisfaction of finding something at a good price instead of walking into a shop and its on their wall for quadruple.

Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I mostly blame the incredibly small number of vinyl pressing plants for not expanding their operations despite the industry exploding in popularity.
    You can still blame the majors for that. Thats the biggest issue more than anything. Universal or Warner could just build a plant and roll out all the reissues to their hearts desire and not worry about a backlog, but they probably know that this market isnt going to sustain itself for much longer so they dont wanna invest long term. If I had that kind of money I would make one just for small bands and that at least cuts out a lot of the bullshit. Artists in general now are at the mercy of pressing plants and have to change their release windows to reflect that. Like Deafhveans record was done for a long ass time but they had to wait til the vinyls would be ready within a reasonable time.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    til the vinyls

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I mostly blame the incredibly small number of vinyl pressing plants for not expanding their operations despite the industry exploding in popularity.
    THIS! I don't collect vinyl, and I certainly don't know alot about the in's & outs of the industry, but I have a passing interest. I asked in the Vinyl thread here about that massive lacquer plant fire and if there were any updates on how/if that has affected all these manufacturing slowdowns, but no one knew. I just searched again about some news on that front and the newest thing i could find was this from last March (the fire at Apollo Masters in Cali was last February):

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristin...north-america/

So while actual new plants need to step in to help as @zecho wrote, maybe this lacquer plant fire is still part of the problem too. I am really surprised we haven't seen any new pressing plants pop up...even in a boutique way. I guess it's just too massive of an undertaking.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So had a friend at their show last night, sent me a boot as he recorded video of practically the entire show. Essentially the new album in its entirety and then a handful of older tracks. Man, it uhh….was very underwhelming to watch live. And then going through Dream House etc just seemed like the first time I’ve seen/heard them full on just going through the motions.

Example: https://www.instagram.com/p/CVGc_WGB...dium=copy_link
    Last edited by october_midnight; 10-16-2021 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I feel like I have to keep restarting that this is one of my favorite bands, but I saw them live a few years ago and found it underwhelming, as well. In general I've found that's the case with blackwyal bands, though, so it may have something to do with how acoustics interact with that style.

Also just feel like I read these vinyl stories in every thread and just makes me glad I no longer purchase physical media

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Well I was supposed to see them tonight… but guess who has two thumbs and is a dumbass who forgot his vaccination card? This guy!

mumblegrumble… oh well.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just got back from tonight's show and it was great to hear blast beats, double bass drum and screams again. The new material somewhat translated well live, I dug it either way. The track "Mombasa" was a standout for me.

Random tidbits:
    George moonwalking to the new tracks.
    Great to hear Sunbather live again.
    Dan Tracy is an amazing drummer.
    "Great Mass of Color" got the biggest reaction from the Infinite Granite set.
    Nothing from the Roads to Judah album.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Well I was supposed to see them tonight… but guess who has two thumbs and is a dumbass who forgot his vaccination card? This guy!

mumblegrumble… oh well.
    Take a picture with your phone! Every place I've been that requires proof of vaccination accepts pictures of your card.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone willing to part with/trade their Punk Rock/Cody 12" ?

DM me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Anyone willing to part with/trade their Punk Rock/Cody 12" ?

DM me.
    Haha good luck with that. I remember when I bought it for 30.00 I thought even that was steep for a 2 split song single.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Deafheaven vocalist loses his mind and changes his vocal style, then loses his mind and releases this.

I mean, cheers if you dig this sort of thing.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The visuals of it are interesting enough, but yeah. Woof.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Some of the vocals sound like he's trying to channel Ogre from Skinny Puppy, but it's like c'mon let's let Ogre handle that

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This bodes ill

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Its pretty bad... not a fan but kudos for the artists having fun doing something different :shrug:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Full Alto Arc EP is now streaming. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooof.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Setlist from last night's show in case anyone's wondering for the current tour.

Shellstar
    In Blur
    Great Mass of Color
    Honeycomb
    From The Kettle To The Coil
    Worthless Animal
    The Gnashing
    Mombasa
    Brought To The Water
    Dreamhouse

Also, and this may be a precaution due to covid, etc. but the venues thus far have been smaaaaall. I've seen them 5 times and there definitely is something extra when seeing them in a smaller venue.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    10th anniversary remastered/remixed edition of Sunbather drops in November. Preorders are up here along with a pantload of new merch.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    10th anniversary remastered/remixed edition of Sunbather drops in November. Preorders are up here along with a pantload of new merch.
    Damn, the "vertigo" vinyl is already sold out on the Deathwish link boooooooo

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It feels like we basically already had a sunbather remaster from that live album though, and that version of vertigo I think is still the best.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Infinite Granite has been getting a lot of listens the past week from me. Just awesome start to finish.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Infinite Granite has been getting a lot of listens the past week from me. Just awesome start to finish.
    It grew on me but it it still their weakest effort and I skip a bunch on it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Long hair again, eh?

Cool performance.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Caught the Sunbather tour at Knockdown Center in Queens the other night. Fantastic show by both Deafheaven & Touche. Touche got a much bigger reaction than I expected. Deafheaven's kick drum was too loud in the mix, but otherwise they were fantastic. Light show was really effective too.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Anyone check out the band Agriculture? Their album last year was really good, and their newest single is the best Deafheaven song in 10 years.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post

Anyone check out the band Agriculture? Their album last year was really good, and their newest single is the best Deafheaven song in 10 years.

thank you for sharing -- checking it out now and def agree. Will be checking out their album from last year as well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)