Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Deafheaven

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    You contribute very little around here.
    cant i ask question? is this not a discussion forum? if everyone had the same exact opinion this would be a pretty boring place.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    please elaborate why you enjoy that vocal "sound". it's completely unintelligible (and f'ing irritating)...are they going for that, like hes supposed to somehow blend in with the band?
    you are not kvlt enough to understand.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    cant i ask question? is this not a discussion forum? if everyone had the same exact opinion this would be a pretty boring place.
    Yeah, I'm just breakin' balls lol.

Why do people like it? And some others don't? *shrugs* I guess go see any other musical opinion, discussion, etc. over the past 30 years?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    please elaborate why you enjoy that vocal "sound". it's completely unintelligible (and f'ing irritating)...are they going for that, like hes supposed to somehow blend in with the band?
    Harsh, abrasive vocals meld with the chaotic sound walls and melodies the band forms. I consider George's vocals very much an instrument in this band's ambiance also.

As for it being unintelligible I understand that but reading lyrics you can follow every word. There's even a few songs I know the words to and can understand 100% of what is being said.

On topic, that tour news is awesome however looks to be mainly West Coast. I'd love to see Baroness for my first time and Deafheaven for a third time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don’t need to. When I was a teenager, it may have seemed cool to shit on people’s musical likes. But having a family of your own puts things into perspective. Music makes me happy. Other kinds of music make other people happy. If I don’t enjoy something. It’s ok. Art is to subjective. Music and art are fucking amazing. Just go and enjoy what you love, not focus on what you hate. Not worth it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Harsh, abrasive vocals meld with the chaotic sound walls and melodies the band forms. I consider George's vocals very much an instrument in this band's ambiance also.

As for it being unintelligible I understand that but reading lyrics you can follow every word. There's even a few songs I know the words to and can understand 100% of what is being said.

On topic, that tour news is awesome however looks to be mainly West Coast. I'd love to see Baroness for my first time and Deafheaven for a third time.
    that's a solid response. look, i thoroughly enjoy meshuggah and some may argue vocally there's not much diff between the two (id vehemently disagree), but i get what they're going for. doesn't appeal to me, but something for everyone.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Thinking maybe an EP or something.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Thinking maybe an EP or something.

Awesome. I hope so!

They're touring with Gojira and I'm tempted to see them for a third time in June when they stop. Decisions.....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New track ‘Black Brick’ is hella dope.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It would have been the best track on the album.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I can’t wait to go home to buy this track! Ugh! I love it!
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-27-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Sick track!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm actually not crazy about the new track, but I can appreciate that it feels more Children of Bodom/MDM/Thrash as opposed to black metal like I love the idea of them integrating those components with their style. I hope they experiment with that direction more on the future, on the other hand leaving the postrock/shoegaze components behind makes this basically just another thrash track for me.

Setting those feelings aside, but also for those reasons it would have been to jarring to have this on the last album, where the direction was completely different.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So you call can read along.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Ripper.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    "oh... you forgot we love metal?" its a good track. wonder if it is stand alone like Kettle or some EP? either way, really rips...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I have a feeling it might just be a B-Side from OCHL. It's a damn good one though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That was fun. And loud.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Deafheaven opening for the Pumpkins (playing their harder stuff) for a fall tour... who says no? One can dream...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yes please.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Pretty cool as I love Libertine Dissolves and would love to see it live. Asheville and Durham aren’t attractive travels though sadly.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It was very cool to see live back in 2011. I asked them before the show if they'd be able to sneak Tunnel of Trees into the set, to no avail.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yes please.

Postponed. Shocking I know!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Deafheaven has put all their tour merch up at their Hello Merch site as well as a preorder for a double live LP they were going to record. Now they’re going to record an in-studio live double album and release it that way. Preorder for the album and a longsleeve came to about $80 USD but fuck it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Deafheaven has put all their tour merch up at their Hello Merch site as well as a preorder for a double live LP they were going to record. Now they’re going to record an in-studio live double album and release it that way. Preorder for the album and a longsleeve came to about $80 USD but fuck it.
    Seeing as I probably was not going to attend this tour this is cool (also unfortunate news). I pre-ordered the album. Hope they give MP3s or it is digitally released other than vinyl.

The shirts are sold out already.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-15-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Seeing as I probably was not going to attend this tour this is cool (also unfortunate news). I pre-ordered the album. Hope they give MP3s or it is digitally released other than vinyl.

The shirts are sold out already.
    We will be live recording a set of material from all our albums and releasing it online the moment it is done. In addition, we have started a pre-order for a special Double LP release on vinyl of this material slated for later this year, along with merchandise that was to be sold on the tour.
    seems that way.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    seems that way.
    Releasing it online is vague. I assume it'll be on bandcamp.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I reallly want to like these guys...but I just cant do it...I just cant get past his vocals.

But I do applaud these guys for their musicianship and damn you know it has to be tough to pull off those vocals every night on tour.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    All preorder shirts are available again after temporarily being sold out.