Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2014.03.01 CANCELLED - Pattaya, Thailand @ Silverlake Music Festival

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2014.03.01 CANCELLED - Pattaya, Thailand @ Silverlake Music Festival

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    great location, great food, great weather,... maybe going to this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WOOOOOOOW I just heard about this last night! A vineyard in Thailand??? I am fucking going! er... that is if the wife lets me hehe... We are either going to this or 2 nights in Melbourne (I live in Shanghai so it's doable). If one had to choose what would you say? 1 festival in Pattaya or 2 nights with QOTSA in Melbourne?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just realised I'm going to be in Vietnam when this is on, There kinda close right...
    Does anyone know if tickets are still available the website doesn't seem to want to work.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DTShangers View Post
    WOOOOOOOW I just heard about this last night! A vineyard in Thailand??? I am fucking going! er... that is if the wife lets me hehe... We are either going to this or 2 nights in Melbourne (I live in Shanghai so it's doable). If one had to choose what would you say? 1 festival in Pattaya or 2 nights with QOTSA in Melbourne?
    I'm going for Pattaya above Qotsa. Asia/Nin is the best.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Could maybe attempt this...I'm living in Singapore for the time being, so it's not that far...probably have to move fast though.

Edit: Had some registration issues in the ticket website, but a browser change did the trick.
    Last edited by Alexandros; 01-28-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Sorry for the doublepost...

Anyone has any experience with Thailand? I could use some info and/or advice on how would be a good way to combine the festival with a 3-4 day trip to Thailand. Where would be a good/convenient place to stay for example, so that it's both easy to get to Pattaya and good for exploring some of the highlights of the country?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    Sorry for the doublepost...

Anyone has any experience with Thailand? I could use some info and/or advice on how would be a good way to combine the festival with a 3-4 day trip to Thailand. Where would be a good/convenient place to stay for example, so that it's both easy to get to Pattaya and good for exploring some of the highlights of the country?
    In 4 days you cant see a lot, so i'd advice Bangkok and a trip to a near beach (Pattaya is a dirty beach, so you can go to Bang Saen Beach, also close to Bangkok/Pattaya)
    But if you 're willing to take the time: Koh Chang is 6 hrs driving from Bangkok (5hrs from Pattaya). This is the second biggest island and has this extra special feel to relax on.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I can tentatively confirm that I will be at the festival. I've bought a ticket and arranged my trip on the whole, it's going to be a 6-day trip after all. @pukkelpop I followed your advice and checked out Koh Chang...sure enough, it seems like a nice place to visit so I incorporated it in my trip, which will actually be 1 day in Bangkok (the political situation does not seem to favour hanging around the capital right now), 2 days in Koh Chang and 3 days in Pattaya.

EDIT: And right now I got an e-mail saying the festival was cancelled due to the political situation. So there's that.
    Last edited by Alexandros; 02-05-2014 at 01:12 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    I can tentatively confirm that I will be at the festival. I've bought a ticket and arranged my trip on the whole, it's going to be a 6-day trip after all. @pukkelpop I followed your advice and checked out Koh Chang...sure enough, it seems like a nice place to visit so I incorporated it in my trip, which will actually be 1 day in Bangkok (the political situation does not seem to favour hanging around the capital right now), 2 days in Koh Chang and 3 days in Pattaya.

EDIT: And right now I got an e-mail saying the festival was cancelled due to the political situation. So there's that.
    It's fucked up!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's really disappointing. I had my flights and everything booked and was really looking forward to it. *sigh*

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Now it makes sense why they added a third Tokyo show before this one.