Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 459

Thread: The Prodigy

  1. #361
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    2,356
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Leeroy, we need you back!

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,693
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Leeroy doing crazy legs, Rotten, Gallagher and Sleaford mods guy singing the Keith songs. It could be an emotional one

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,812
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    A punk rock icon and master asshole extraordinaire showing a heart and care for human life. Not a side I see often. I dig it!

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    A punk rock icon and master asshole extraordinaire showing a heart and care for human life. Not a side I see often. I dig it!
    Don't worry, this happened just a bit earlier...

  5. #365
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    2,356
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    So much of the prodigy relies on samples I don't think it would be in poor taste to sample Keith's live too. In fact, it would be an awesome tribute as THE FIRESTARTER IS IRREPLACEABLE.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,812
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha.

    Wow. I stand corrected.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    His method of escaping this mortal coil has come out to be hanging. Still sad. RIP Keef

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    706
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

  9. #369
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    2,356
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    So sad. Does anybody know what happened? Did he find out he had some horrible desiese and only had a month to live?

  10. #370
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    2,356
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    https://www.theprp.com/2019/03/11/ne...u-s-festivals/

    I'm fine with the cult, it's better than papa roach.
    But the crystal method? Now that's a proper fill in! Figures they aren't playing COA though

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,300
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    So sad. Does anybody know what happened? Did he find out he had some horrible desiese and only had a month to live?
    Cornell and Chester Bennington were healthy and hung themselves too, i don't think Keith was sick (but there's a possibility of course...)

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,207
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    https://www.theprp.com/2019/03/11/ne...u-s-festivals/

    I'm fine with the cult, it's better than papa roach.
    But the crystal method? Now that's a proper fill in! Figures they aren't playing COA though
    Is that actually TCM though? Last I checked it's just a solo DJ set these days. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not really the same.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    One great big festering neon distraction....
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Is that actually TCM though? Last I checked it's just a solo DJ set these days. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not really the same.
    It was a solo act when he opened the big Tool/Primus/Clutch/Fantomas/Melvins/TCM super-show in SoCal in 2017.

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,577
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Is that actually TCM though? Last I checked it's just a solo DJ set these days. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not really the same.
    The Crystal Method is now just Scott Kirkland. Ken Jordan retired from music in 2017.

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,577
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

  16. #376
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    2,356
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Whats this I hear about Keith splitting from his wife and having to put his house up for sale?

  17. #377
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    706
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Oh no :-( Did not hear that

  18. #378
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,577
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Whats this I hear about Keith splitting from his wife and having to put his house up for sale?
    Apparently they split last year and going through the process. Keith put up their house for sale, but I heard he was hoping they'd get back together. Apparently she said no about coming back home and it seems that may have led to him hanging himself.

  19. #379
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    What in the fuck is going on with all these people hanging themselves? Suicide, in general, is an awful trend, but there's something about the hanging aspect that makes it even more disturbing.

  20. #380
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,878
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    What in the fuck is going on with all these people hanging themselves? Suicide, in general, is an awful trend, but there's something about the hanging aspect that makes it even more disturbing.
    Speaking from some experience, hanging is generally the easiest option to most people. Overdosing all depends on what you have on you (in your home) and can be really hit or miss, and any other option (jumping in front of train for example) require you to actually motivate yourself to go out, whilst hanging can be done with many house hold items (you'd be surprised what can be turned into a noose) and when you've trapped yourself indoors it's easy to convince yourself it's the best option.

  21. #381
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    True, @Haysey . I see what you mean about being trapped indoors. Also, since you went there, I'll admit that I've got a bit of experience myself.

  22. #382
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    2,356
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Speaking from some experience, hanging is generally the easiest option to most people. Overdosing all depends on what you have on you (in your home) and can be really hit or miss, and any other option (jumping in front of train for example) require you to actually motivate yourself to go out, whilst hanging can be done with many house hold items (you'd be surprised what can be turned into a noose) and when you've trapped yourself indoors it's easy to convince yourself it's the best option.
    That how my mom went, hung herself in our basement. Terrible to think about the ones you suffering through that, because alot of the time it's not like an execution where your dropped from a height that breaks your neck and your just dead. The thought of being strangled by your own body weight is horrifying.

    Sorry to get so dark guys, I just haven't had someone's death effect me like this new awhile.

  23. #383
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    706
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    "A petition to erect a Keith Flint statue in The Prodigy's hometown has been launched"

    https://djmag.com/news/petition-erec...een-launched-0

  24. #384
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    That how my mom went, hung herself in our basement.
    man, I'm sorry to hear that.

  25. #385
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,577
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    That how my mom went, hung herself in our basement. Terrible to think about the ones you suffering through that, because alot of the time it's not like an execution where your dropped from a height that breaks your neck and your just dead. The thought of being strangled by your own body weight is horrifying.

    Sorry to get so dark guys, I just haven't had someone's death effect me like this new awhile.
    So sorry man, yeah I've had that thought what it must be like and it sends shivers. I hear a-holes says stupid crap like suicide is chicken shit, but no, it takes a lot of balls to follow through with something like that. So sorry for your loss. I almost lost a close friend who was about to commit suicide due to a change of meds, but luckily gotten to in time. Keith's suicide hit me very hard with how much they have had a part of my life.

  26. #386
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Terrible news.

  27. #387
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    2,356
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Thanks guys I appreciate it.

    I've been reading some quotes from Keith and it almost sounded like he had a death wish. About how he "wasn't saving up for anything", and was "cashing it all in now". I know he talked about suicide on multiple occasions, but I don't think anyone took him serious.

    Still in shock and saddened.

    My friend when I was younger, Chris and I, were at that age when we got into The Prodigy, that we totally idolized the band. All the goofy stories we came up with at the time, and the majority of them involved The Prodigy in one way or another.

    Pre internet days, we had heard about the performance of Break and Enter from Electronic Punks, where Keith comes out in the giant inflatable balm things, well we visualized it as one of the ball things from American Gladiators. Oh man, the shit we would come up with!

  28. #388
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,577
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Over 2100 signatures! Glastonbury Festival press office emailed me thanking me and said they will pass it on. Thank you to those who signed. Please share the petition and let's keep this baby going!

    https://www.change.org/p/emily-eavis...pEnx-yTI4v1l9k

  29. #389
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,485
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Got my show refund yesterday :'(

  30. #390
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    706
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    :-(

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions