Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Prodigy

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Leeroy doing crazy legs, Rotten, Gallagher and Sleaford mods guy singing the Keith songs. It could be an emotional one

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    A punk rock icon and master asshole extraordinaire showing a heart and care for human life. Not a side I see often. I dig it!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    A punk rock icon and master asshole extraordinaire showing a heart and care for human life. Not a side I see often. I dig it!
    Don't worry, this happened just a bit earlier...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So much of the prodigy relies on samples I don't think it would be in poor taste to sample Keith's live too. In fact, it would be an awesome tribute as THE FIRESTARTER IS IRREPLACEABLE.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha.

Wow. I stand corrected.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    His method of escaping this mortal coil has come out to be hanging. Still sad. RIP Keef

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So sad. Does anybody know what happened? Did he find out he had some horrible desiese and only had a month to live?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    https://www.theprp.com/2019/03/11/ne...u-s-festivals/

I'm fine with the cult, it's better than papa roach.
    But the crystal method? Now that's a proper fill in! Figures they aren't playing COA though

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    So sad. Does anybody know what happened? Did he find out he had some horrible desiese and only had a month to live?
    Cornell and Chester Bennington were healthy and hung themselves too, i don't think Keith was sick (but there's a possibility of course...)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.theprp.com/2019/03/11/ne...u-s-festivals/

I'm fine with the cult, it's better than papa roach.
    But the crystal method? Now that's a proper fill in! Figures they aren't playing COA though
    Is that actually TCM though? Last I checked it's just a solo DJ set these days. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not really the same.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Is that actually TCM though? Last I checked it's just a solo DJ set these days. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not really the same.
    It was a solo act when he opened the big Tool/Primus/Clutch/Fantomas/Melvins/TCM super-show in SoCal in 2017.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    The Crystal Method is now just Scott Kirkland. Ken Jordan retired from music in 2017.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Whats this I hear about Keith splitting from his wife and having to put his house up for sale?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Oh no :-( Did not hear that

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whats this I hear about Keith splitting from his wife and having to put his house up for sale?
    Apparently they split last year and going through the process. Keith put up their house for sale, but I heard he was hoping they'd get back together. Apparently she said no about coming back home and it seems that may have led to him hanging himself.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    What in the fuck is going on with all these people hanging themselves? Suicide, in general, is an awful trend, but there's something about the hanging aspect that makes it even more disturbing.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    What in the fuck is going on with all these people hanging themselves? Suicide, in general, is an awful trend, but there's something about the hanging aspect that makes it even more disturbing.
    Speaking from some experience, hanging is generally the easiest option to most people. Overdosing all depends on what you have on you (in your home) and can be really hit or miss, and any other option (jumping in front of train for example) require you to actually motivate yourself to go out, whilst hanging can be done with many house hold items (you'd be surprised what can be turned into a noose) and when you've trapped yourself indoors it's easy to convince yourself it's the best option.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    True, @Haysey . I see what you mean about being trapped indoors. Also, since you went there, I'll admit that I've got a bit of experience myself.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Speaking from some experience, hanging is generally the easiest option to most people. Overdosing all depends on what you have on you (in your home) and can be really hit or miss, and any other option (jumping in front of train for example) require you to actually motivate yourself to go out, whilst hanging can be done with many house hold items (you'd be surprised what can be turned into a noose) and when you've trapped yourself indoors it's easy to convince yourself it's the best option.
    That how my mom went, hung herself in our basement. Terrible to think about the ones you suffering through that, because alot of the time it's not like an execution where your dropped from a height that breaks your neck and your just dead. The thought of being strangled by your own body weight is horrifying.

Sorry to get so dark guys, I just haven't had someone's death effect me like this new awhile.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    "A petition to erect a Keith Flint statue in The Prodigy's hometown has been launched"

https://djmag.com/news/petition-erec...een-launched-0

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    That how my mom went, hung herself in our basement.
    man, I'm sorry to hear that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That how my mom went, hung herself in our basement. Terrible to think about the ones you suffering through that, because alot of the time it's not like an execution where your dropped from a height that breaks your neck and your just dead. The thought of being strangled by your own body weight is horrifying.

Sorry to get so dark guys, I just haven't had someone's death effect me like this new awhile.
    So sorry man, yeah I've had that thought what it must be like and it sends shivers. I hear a-holes says stupid crap like suicide is chicken shit, but no, it takes a lot of balls to follow through with something like that. So sorry for your loss. I almost lost a close friend who was about to commit suicide due to a change of meds, but luckily gotten to in time. Keith's suicide hit me very hard with how much they have had a part of my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Terrible news.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thanks guys I appreciate it.

I've been reading some quotes from Keith and it almost sounded like he had a death wish. About how he "wasn't saving up for anything", and was "cashing it all in now". I know he talked about suicide on multiple occasions, but I don't think anyone took him serious.

Still in shock and saddened.

My friend when I was younger, Chris and I, were at that age when we got into The Prodigy, that we totally idolized the band. All the goofy stories we came up with at the time, and the majority of them involved The Prodigy in one way or another.

Pre internet days, we had heard about the performance of Break and Enter from Electronic Punks, where Keith comes out in the giant inflatable balm things, well we visualized it as one of the ball things from American Gladiators. Oh man, the shit we would come up with!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Over 2100 signatures! Glastonbury Festival press office emailed me thanking me and said they will pass it on. Thank you to those who signed. Please share the petition and let's keep this baby going!

https://www.change.org/p/emily-eavis...pEnx-yTI4v1l9k

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Got my show refund yesterday :'(

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    :-(

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Got my show refund yesterday :'(