Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Prodigy

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I don't know about Echoing The Sound...

But with The Prodigy fan site Brainkiller, it was discovered that there were also a bunch of wannabe bedroom producers on the BK site. So in 2003, we held a little competition amongst these striving music makers inspired by The Prodigy. The first competition had 70+ entries with top 12 voted tracks will be featured on the downloadable compilation, which we called Music FROM The Jilted Generation. The first volume actually ended up being 13 tracks since there was a tie for the twelfth and final spot. There were another three volumes in 2004, 2005, and 2006. There wouldn't be another compilation for several years after it was discovered that the winning producer of the fourth competition had cheated by stealing another indie producer's work. It angered A LOT of folk on the website, especially since the winner won exclusive and rare Prodigy items donated by the site's webmaster. So that fucker ruined the whole experience for everyone and soured the competition, which is why there was a looooooong break. The actual producer of the winning track ended up joining the forum and he was a pretty cool dude. The special prizes were returned to the webmaster and was given to the real winning producer. 2013 marked the 10 year anniversary our little compilations, so we put together another competition amongst the bedroom producers on the boards.

MUSIC FROM THE JILTED GENERATION VOL. 5

01. Thermonuclearity - Aphonia
    02. High Voltage - Iron Machine
    03. RISE - Music Die
    04. $$ - Fake
    05. Progress Is Made - Overboard
    06. Nim - Burnin'
    07. Lockdown - Serenity
    08. Aquila - The Girl In The Forest
    09. Grinny Grandad - Swim Fish
    10. R.Ki - Positive Vibes
    11. Jesse Gorter ft. Allomerus - The Way She Moves
    12. NEOREV - Wildfire (Reign Of Fire Mix)

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!wIxWjR6b!KiscbyQ7wJZx6in-DZcf1iJnoLJYjjEUWxJ2tSGwM_k
    MIRROR:
    http://www.netcomval.it/vol5.rar

And here is the first volume that started it all...
    youtube.com/watch?v=9T2D002n6EY

Volume Two
    youtube.com/watch?v=3RmE8Pecv8M&list=PLdk5Jr1qz267NAJwViLk3L3w _PT1R7wlR

Volume Three
    youtube.com/watch?v=6wF1XYEpquA&list=PLdk5Jr1qz264jwZybrB-DzhDrAEr--1Wt

Volume Four
    youtube.com/watch?v=U2P9u4j0LQY&list=PLdk5Jr1qz2660BanyFp0Y15U r0i4RGb0e

Respect goes out to this dude TheZencooler who is apparently a very, very, very big Prodigy fan and actually went and downloaded and backed up all of our Jilted compilations over the years.

P.S. To answer your question... Yes, that NEOREV on these compilations is indeed moi. I'm a huge Prodigy fan and they have been a huge inspiration.
    Last edited by neorev; 08-20-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For the old school Prodigy heads in this mother...
    I fucking love new live reworkings of "Weather Experience" & "Everybody In The Place" that they played once and for Warrior's Dance Festival in Milton Keynes.

Taken from the World's On Fire CD/Blu-Ray

youtube.com/watch?v=r0NXsxQwpgc <---- just beautiful man. crazy lasers, this makes the hairs on the back on my neck go up

youtube.com/watch?v=L1Cay5y2d1c

Liam took synth elements from the track "Back 2 Skool" as well as the re-edited beats of "We Are The Ruffest" and made this new special mix. So pissed that the live release was edited with several tracks removed. WTF, Prodigy, W... motherfucking T... motherfucking F?

01 World's On Fire ***cut from release***
    02 Breathe
    03 Omen
    04 Colours (new version)
    05 Poison ***cut from release***
    06 Thunder Dub
    07 Warrior's Dance
    08 Firestarter
    09 Run With The Wolves
    10 Weather Experience
    11 Voodoo People
    12 Mindfields ***cut from release***
    13 Omen Reprise
    14 Invaders Must Die
    15 Diesel Power Beats ***cut from release***
    16 Smack My Bitch Up
    17 Take Me To The Hospital
    18 Everybody In The Place (new version)
    19 No Good (Start The Dance) ***cut from release***
    20 Charly (new version) ***cut from release*** <--- some new dubby version - youtube.com/watch?v=kkj34-aafOg
    21 Their Law
    22 Out Of Space

How can you cut out the opening track, the track that kicked the whole energy of the event off... now only that, but is the name of the damn release for fuck's sake?!?!?!
    Don't get me wrong, I love "Breathe" to death... but it's just not a strong opener, not the right vibe to kick off an event.
    I love "Thunder," it was my favorite track off Invaders Must Die. NYC was lucky enough to be one of only two or possibly three shows where Liam played a slightly re-edited mix of the album version that was immense. But for some reason it was removed from the usual set list. He would later release completely reworked version of the track known as "Thunda Dub" on the live set lists and this is the version that is included on the World's On Fire live release. I love both versions equally. Liam turned it into this dark brooding bass number that just pummels you. "Thunder" was actually meant to be another single from the Invaders Must Die, which is why if you notice there's some remixes of the track floating around on the Invaders EP and some promos during that release. I believe the dub version of "Thunder" was meant to be the single mix, which was suppose to include another original b-side track known as "Dead Ken Beats" that was played live as far back as 2005... but this all scrapped and the Invaders Must Die EP for Liam's Re-Amped version of the title track was the final single release for this era.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The Prodigy have announced a 10 date UK tour in May - hurrah, already got 2 people from my son's school to go with me in Cardiff, can't wait, this year is looking up gig-wise already

http://www.mixmag.net/news/the-prodi...e-10-date-tour

Now I just need to catch up on all their music since Fat of the Land!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    New song/video 'Nasty' :

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Gave up expecting anything amazing by The Prodigy after Babys Got a Temper in 2002. But after five years making the new album, was that the best they have got?
    I still love seeing the Prodigy play live, its always a lot of fun, Keith and Maxim are great and the crowds are always funny.
    But musically they have been very second rate for a long long time. Its like punk karaoke. They used to be musically innovative and just fucking mindblowing.
    Compare that track to something off the still utterly astonishing Music for the Jilted Generation. Where are the beats?
    They turned into a punk act but were so so much better as a dark dance orientated act.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    Gave up expecting anything amazing by The Prodigy after Babys Got a Temper in 2002. But after five years making the new album, was that the best they have got?
    I still love seeing the Prodigy play live, its always a lot of fun, Keith and Maxim are great and the crowds are always funny.
    But musically they have been very second rate for a long long time. Its like punk karaoke. They used to be musically innovative and just fucking mindblowing.
    Compare that track to something off the still utterly astonishing Music for the Jilted Generation. Where are the beats?
    They turned into a punk act but were so so much better as a dark dance orientated act.
    I kinda agree with you. Whilst i do enjoy the evolution of their sound and do like where it is at now, when they were still making dance tracks was when they were at their best.
    Liam has always made music with a killer hook and he was always ahead of the game (see: Experience, FOTL & even AO, NO) but it seems he has settled on this sound because it works best with the live show... Which is something that has also bothered me of late. Still amazing to see and they blow you head off but they don't perform sets anymore, just collections of songs + Maxim needs to shut the fuck up for longer that 10 seconds.

Baby's Got A Temper: am I the only person who enjoys this song? Why does no one like it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not really blown away by the track, but I sure am glad to hear some new Prodigy stuff (even if it sounds like it could have been off the last album, haha)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I love Baby's Got A Temper and I'm quite liking this new tune.
    The Prodigy have been going for 25+ years, glad they're still around.
    I enjoyed Invaders Must Die, but Nasty is much better than anything from their last two albums combined.
    They're never gonna conquer the first 3 albums: Experience, Music For The Jilted Generation, & The Fat Of The Land (these are classics)
    But if they can deliver an album better than Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned & Invaders Must Die, I call that progress.
    If Nasty is considered the radio friendly lead off single with crossover appeal, then I really cannot wait for this album because it's gonna be rawer, darker and more sinister than anything we heard yet.
    And I quite enjoyed Invaders Must Die, but I want the dark side of The Prodigy back.
    I love Jilted, but the super long length of most of the tracks kill the buzz for me making The Fat Of The Land my favorite album.
    I heard lots of bits and pieces from this upcoming album and they have given me hope that The Day Is My Enemy will be a pretty decent album.
    Most people say Nasty sounds like a bit like the track Omen, but I never liked Omen. Omen wishes it could be like Nasty.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Title track 'The Day Is My Enemy'

Drums of Doom!
    This is the track they should have released instead of 'Nasty'.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralhate View Post
    Title track 'The Day Is My Enemy'

Drums of Doom!
    This is the track they should have released instead of 'Nasty'.

Fuck Yeah! Love it!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Prodigy premiered another new track on Monday. It is available to download for anyone that preordered the album through the official site and can be purchased individually on digital sites.

WILD FRONTIER

Last edited by neorev; 02-23-2015 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Epic stuff. Psyched for this album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    got tickets for alexandra palace, can't wait

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who's getting Invaders Must Die vol.2 vibe from every new track so far?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nasty and Wild Frontier have a sorta Invaders Must Die-vibe to them...
    but hearing some of the other tracks from live vids, this is definitely going to be a diverse album and much harder than Invaders Must Die

REBEL RADIO

DESTROY

WALL OF DEATH

ROADBLOX
    Last edited by neorev; 03-13-2015 at 07:40 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I have to say this album is definitely diverse Neorev.
    Official version of Wall of Death.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    will be for sale tomorrow!
    http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/wal.../0711297891348

Qobuz has sold the previous single tracks in 24 bit, hoping this one is as well
    I know the whole album will be up for sale in 24 bit on the official release date since the label asked them to take the down the preorder until the actual release.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    will be for sale tomorrow!
    http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/wal.../0711297891348

Qobuz has sold the previous single tracks in 24 bit, hoping this one is as well
    I know the whole album will be up for sale in 24 bit on the official release date since the label asked them to take the down the preorder until the actual release.
    Cool nice to see some reasonably priced HD tracks - I think I'll pick these up tomorrow. Ta!

Edit: was about to complain that 'wall of death' wasn't available HD but it's pre-order anyway so perhaps it will be. (That's the one new song that I've liked so far)
    Last edited by jmtd; 03-17-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Cool nice to see some reasonably priced HD tracks - I think I'll pick these up tomorrow. Ta!

Edit: was about to complain that 'wall of death' wasn't available HD but it's pre-order anyway so perhaps it will be. (That's the one new song that I've liked so far)
    hey man, it's up now in 24 bit HD!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    hey man, it's up now in 24 bit HD!
    Thanks! To answer a question I had; Qobuz HD downloads are lossless - FLAC or ALAC or WAV options.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Thanks! To answer a question I had; Qobuz HD downloads are lossless - FLAC or ALAC or WAV options.
    Yeah, what's great about Qobuz is that you have unlimited downloads and choices of formats...
    If you purchase a 24 bit file, you can download your choice of 24 bit formats as well as 16 bit formats and even lower quality like MP3.
    A lot of digital sites, you purchase a FLAC and that's all you can download is just that FLAC file.
    I love how Qobuz saves your purchases and give you tons of options with that one purchase.
    To me, it's THE greatest digital music site out there... just wish they expanded to more countries.
    Screw iTunes... Qobuz should be the digital standard.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The new album gets 5 K's in Kerrang and 8/10 in NME. Cannot wait to hear it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    HOLY FUCK BALLS!!!

The new Prodigy album is on sale on iTunes for download RIGHT NOW as a single track... the whole album as a single track.
    Bought, downloaded, and listening right now!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/th...44?i=976418849

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So The Prodigy was less than a week away from their album release with absolutely no leak in site...
    That was until the dumbasses at iTunes decided to create a separate listing for the whole album as a single track for $10 and instant download late Sunday night.
    This was the whole album as a single 59 minute long file. Why iTunes had this other listing? No idea, perhaps it was meant to be stream only.
    But some idiot working over there set it up with a price tag and had the release date for March 23rd.
    So anyone who paid the $10 got an instant download of the album as a single track.
    I'm friends with the band's friend/co-producer and let him know what was going on.
    Shortly after iTunes listing was completely removed, but it was too late.
    The several hours it was up, hardcore fans flocked to buy it and it ended up on the usual torrent sites.
    Someone took the single m4a file and split it into individual tracks and re-rendered it as a V0 MP3.
    The band is furious, this was not their plan or intention at all.
    I kinda feel bad for them because they were so close to the official album release date... with Germany/New Zealand being the earliest release on March 27th.
    So close to the release date without a leak in this day and age is quite rare... should get some sorta props for that.
    But to have it ruined by a fucking mainstream digital music store has to be infuriating.
    At least it seems like a lot of folks actually purchased the iTunes download, many even double dipping just to get to hear it early.
    And so far the response has been overwhelmingly positive... like literally 95% positive.
    I think the album is amazing... brutal, heavy, and just full on attack... this feels like where the band should have gone after The Fat Of The Land.
    Last edited by neorev; 03-24-2015 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm sure their lawyers will take good care of Apple on this one if fault there is

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    They need to do a proper North American tour for this album. Been 17 years since their last show in Montreal. It's non-sense.
    Halfway through the album. This is brutal! It packs a punch and then kicks you in the face. Love it!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    It bewilders me why bands still get upset about album leaks in 2015. Is there some kind of record label bonus check or sweetheart deal the band gets if they can make it to the projected album release date without their album leaking?

Because as soon as the album IS released, it's just going to be uploaded for free all over the web regardless. What difference does seven more days make? Nobody is making money off album sales today, unless your name is Taylor Swift, Eminem or similar.

I like the Prodigy, but get a fucking grip. Be thankful that people still want to hear your music at any rate and that you have "hardcore fans" who will flock to an album release a week ahead of time. They'll do another Warrior's Dance festival and bring in money by the truckloads anyway.
    The distributors make money off album sales. Isn't iTunes cut around 30%? Now, if you are someone like iTunes, then getting an early release (so you are sole product seller for a short while) could be worth quite a lot. I doubt this was intentional however, for a giant like iTunes the slice from Prodigy sales is probably nothing worth sweating about.

It appeared to be US only, for however long it was up.
    @neorev , was the single file nicely mixed together?

I've just bought 7 older singles from Qobuz, 95p each, including all b-sides in lossless. Not bad. Sad to see no b-sides on the newer stuff but that's the way it is these days I guess.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    So after giving this record a few spins, I can definitely say that it's their best album since Fat of the Land. I may even like it more than FOTL.
    I'm having a hard time finding a song I disliked on this record.
    Title track is such a great opener. Then it keeps delivering hard punches until Beyond The Deathray, which will blow your mind.
    Beyond the Death Ray is The Prodigy's "A Warm Place".
    It's such a good song and gives you a nice breather before going into the 2nd half of the album. Second half contains the two weakest songs in my opinion (Medecine and Invisible Sun) but finishes strong with Wall of Death.
    Overall, this is one hell of an album. Well worth the wait.
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 03-25-2015 at 07:17 PM.