Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Kurt Vile

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Kurt Vile

No Kurt Vile thread? Dude is one of the best songwriters out there today. His new album 'Bottle It In' is amazing. Tours selling out across the land.

sick concert he just did filmed by Pitchfork

Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 11-19-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I like the album he did with Courtney Barnett, but that's as far as my knowledge of him goes. I'll check out the new one one of these days.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I like the album he did with Courtney Barnett, but that's as far as my knowledge of him goes. I'll check out the new one one of these days.
    I actually found that album pretty underwhelming. If you liked it, you'll really like his solo stuff.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I wasn't as into the album with Courtney because they basically duet on every song. I prefer solo with KV singing everything....If you dig Pavement, 1990s Beck, J Mascis etc, Kurt Vile is right up that alley....His early stuff is a lot more lo fi. His last few records are more refined...I dig both eras

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ETS's resident Courtney Barnett superfan reporting in, I guess. There's some cool tunes on Sea Lice, but I think it was mostly a disappointment for both camps, aside from the tour, with Jen Cloher opening, and HOLY SHIT, that JC cover they did on the album:

Basically, can he we have a Courtney thread?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    New album out today. Doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything, but I don't need him to. He's refined his sound and thats fine with me. Great record!