Thread: The Prodigy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Listening to the Invaders Must Die album for the first time right now and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it! The title track is in the Wipeout game I recently purchased and I can't get it out of my head, so thought it'd be time to listen to the album. What a major shot of energy this album is, it's giving me a much needed boost after feeling low energy/down yesterday. I need to give later day Prodigy a chance, never really listened to much of it. I discovered them as a kid back in 96/97 from the Wipeout XL soundtrack, still the best video game soundtrack ever imo.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Listening to the Invaders Must Die album for the first time right now and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it! The title track is in the Wipeout game I recently purchased and I can't get it out of my head, so thought it'd be time to listen to the album. What a major shot of energy this album is, it's giving me a much needed boost after feeling low energy/down yesterday. I need to give later day Prodigy a chance, never really listened to much of it. I discovered them as a kid back in 96/97 from the Wipeout XL soundtrack, still the best video game soundtrack ever imo.
    Wipeout XL was amazing, both game and soundtrack! I remember it was before the Firestarter single was in any stores here in the US, so I loaded the PlayStation disc into my CD player and recorded the instrumental to tape and listened to that obsessively. Actually, on that game disc is an exclusive alternate mix of Chemical Brothers track Dust Up Beats, which is different from its vinyl only version.

I quite enjoyed Invaders Must Die. I know that era was very big for them as a band as it was seen as their big return to form after Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned kinda came and went. They also held their first Warrior's Dance Festival, which was recorded for World's On Fire Blu-ray/DVD/CD. I got to see them at Roseland Ballroom in NYC for the Invaders Tour just after the album dropped worldwide. That was one hell of a show.

This is my favorite track off Invaders, which they played an awesome re-edit/tweaked mix at Roseland that I wish they released...

Fun little fact, after the Omen, Warrior's Dance, and Take Me To Hospital videos/singles, Thunder was actually meant to be the final single. Liam was working on a new mix for it, but instead did the Re-Amped verson of Invaders Must Die. There were actually promos with Thunder remixes from the canceled, with one showing up on the Invaders EP with the Re-Amped version and b-side Mescaline CD, another on their Invaders 7", and another on the expanded Invaders Must Die 2CD/DVD reissue.