Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Prodigy

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    The distributors make money off album sales. Isn't iTunes cut around 30%? Now, if you are someone like iTunes, then getting an early release (so you are sole product seller for a short while) could be worth quite a lot. I doubt this was intentional however, for a giant like iTunes the slice from Prodigy sales is probably nothing worth sweating about.

It appeared to be US only, for however long it was up.
    @neorev , was the single file nicely mixed together?

I've just bought 7 older singles from Qobuz, 95p each, including all b-sides in lossless. Not bad. Sad to see no b-sides on the newer stuff but that's the way it is these days I guess.
    It was in a bunch of different country stores on iTunes.
    I actually discovered it because of the Russian iTunes and then found it on the US one.
    But yeah, it wasn't just the US store... I know plenty of fans from various countries that bought it off their country's iTunes store.

As for being a single track, some songs go into each other while others just end and the next starts. It's not like a running DJ mix.
    Also, the vinyl version has a completely different track order compared to the CD... so that should be interesting.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Two new tracks up for sale on Qobuz and official stores...

Ibiza [ft. Sleaford Mods]
    http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/ibi.../0711297891140

Rhythm Bomb [ft. Flux Pavilion]
    http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/rhy.../0711297891546

and the new album will available on March 30th in 24 bit...
    http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/the.../0711297880540

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I gotta say that the FLAC rip from the CD that's floating around out there is a million times better sounding then the leak that surfaced from iTunes single track album stream being available for download by accident. I dunno if iTunes downgraded it or something, but the CD sounds much fuller, smoother, and fatter. The leak from iTunes, vocals sounded low and like shit. On the new FLAC rip there are so many layers that you couldn't hear with the leak, especially cool vocal effects that got crushed and buried with whatever iTunes did that to that single track of the whole album that got out.

Trust me, listen to the actual CD/lossless rip of the album for the proper experience.
    Last edited by neorev; 03-27-2015 at 03:18 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    New album is not bad! No surprises really and a lot of it sounds like reworking of ideas from the last 2, but it's got bite and will be a lot of fun live (main thing)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    24 bit now available for purchase/download...
    http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/the.../0711297880540

blasting this baby right now!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Saw it on sale in my local HMV, there's a HMV-exclusive EP for £3 (or free with any purchase of the new album, any format). EP contains remixes and an instrumental of one of the album tracks.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    yeah i had a couple of friends from the UK pick me up a couple of copies of the EP for my collection
    i also have the 1 track radio promos for Nasty and Wild Frontier

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    my bundle finally arrived! the triple vinyl is beautiful...
    the triple vinyl comes in a lift case... comes with a huge poster of the cover with a collage of live shots on the reverse side, 3D lenticular print of the cover, credits sheet, DL card, and 3x 180 gram vinyl (red/yellow/black in matching sleeves) along with the CD and shirt

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yes! Came in the mail today...

180 gram red, yellow, and black vinyl with credits sheet, folded poster, 3D lenticular print, and lossless/MP3 download card
    Bundle came with the album on CD and a black t-shirt with the red fox on it.
    Oh and the folded poster is on the top left, it actually folds out two more times to make it wider and has the fox on the one side and collage on the other.
    In the center is the 3D lenticular print that makes it look like the fox is popping off the page and moves as you change angles.
    It's all built quite nicely, doesn't feel cheap to me at all... even the record sleeves are nice and thick material... all nice and glossy.
    The record track order is completely different from the CD... I'm curious what's considered the definitive tracklisting (guessing the CD, since it's the same as the digital)
    Last edited by neorev; 03-31-2015 at 07:26 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Just got my hands on the original out of print triple vinyl edition of The Prodigy's "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned"
    This thing is beautiful, each vinyl is housed in its own sleeve with artwork... sucker is heavy!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Steve Lamacq interviews The Prodigy tomorrow, apparently an exclusive. It will be on iplayer post broadcast (at 4pm BST=GMT+1):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05p2cqd

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Liam did a Reddit AMA earlier today... he actually answered my question!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Anyone in the US that wants to buy the new Prodigy album on CD, you can get it on ImportCDs for only $8.06 + shipping!!!
    http://www.importcds.com/music/41622...enemy-explicit

They're a great site and they also have a sub-store on Amazon.com...
    actually on Amazon, you can buy it new from their sub-store on there for only $5.50 + $3.99 shipping!
    Not bad, pretty sure no tax either.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    #1 in uk chart, this makes the 6th #1 in a row

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm finally listening through the album (currently on "Roadblox") and only the title track caught my attention. Everything else just sounds like a mash-up of the last two albums, which is certainly fine if that's the direction they want to go (especially since the goal is tracks that translate well live). It's clear this sound isn't for me, but I can't help be feel bummed by that note considering the title track made me think, "Oh, fuck yes!"

Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I tried listening to this last night. Got to some song where they're yelling "I'll beat ya! I'll beat ya! What's he fucking doing!" and had to turn it off. Granted, it was on shuffle, so I got about halfway through it, but it just sounds like another version of their older stuff. Like 'Invaders Must Die 2015', which was essentially 'Fat of the Land 2010'
    That "I'll beat ya!" line was actually "Ibiza" with the correct pronunciation.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 04-06-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Isn't the song called "Ibiza"? It's all making sense to me now
    Yeah, the track "Ibiza" is with the Sleaford Mods...
    The track is bashing commercial DJs who perform pre-recorded sets.
    It started when Liam Howlett's sound guy, who was also the sound guy for another very popular unnamed DJ, showed Liam a USB stick and said "This is [name removed]'s DJ set." When Liam asked what he meant by it, the sound guy explained how the DJ's whole set is pre-recorded and given to the sound guy to play while the DJ just mimes his performance on the stage. This is actually pretty normal amongst some of the big name DJs. Ibiza has a lot of these DJs come out and perform... which is what the song is about and bashes.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    The Prodigy doesn't need to be lyrical, their prowess is in encapsulating violence within frantic electronic beats. So many of their tracks are just these awesome doses of badass and it makes you feel badass like you could take on the entire world.

Listen to a Prodigy track and you're like... come at me, bro! I'll make this shit look like The Raid 3.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What neorev said.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Yeah, the track "Ibiza" is with the Sleaford Mods...
    The track is bashing commercial DJs who perform pre-recorded sets.
    It started when Liam Howlett's sound guy, who was also the sound guy for another very popular unnamed DJ, showed Liam a USB stick and said "This is [name removed]'s DJ set." When Liam asked what he meant by it, the sound guy explained how the DJ's whole set is pre-recorded and given to the sound guy to play while the DJ just mimes his performance on the stage. This is actually pretty normal amongst some of the big name DJs. Ibiza has a lot of these DJs come out and perform... which is what the song is about and bashes.
    deadmaus

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    deadmaus
    If it was deadmau5, there's no reason to be secretive about it. Joel's been vocal about pre-arranging his sets. His focus is to entertain, which is why he has a heavy emphasis on visuals. There's no mistaking that he knows how to perform live, it's just that he doesn't want a potential fuck-up to take people out of an otherwise enjoyable experience. I can respect that, but at the same time I would love to see him do both.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i was watching the edc movie, and as an old skool junglist, i was STUNNED at these fuckers coming out one after another, obviously PRETENDING to play sets of nothing but electro house. wtf happened to electronic music?

i miss the days of turntablism in the small tent.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "The Prodigy made history this week, becoming the first band to achieve six consecutive studio albums at number 1 in the UK."
    http://dancingastronaut.com/2015/04/...r-1-day-enemy/

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    caught them on saturday, late show (9pm-3am) at alexandra palace, flux pavilion and 2 other djs supported

very good - not as good as their london nye show a while back, but band sounds amazing, stage setup is great, new stuff sounds a million times better live. great venue and crowd too. One criticism - setlist was a bit iffy. invaders must die but not no good (start the dance)? take me to the hospital but no out of space. no poison either, come on lads! quite a short set too considering (last time it was 24 songs, 18 this time)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    THE NIGHT IS MY FRIEND EP now available for preorder

1. Get Your Fight On (Re Eq)
    2. AWOL (Strike One)
    3. Rhythm Bomb feat. Flux Pavilion (Edit)
    4. Rebel Radio (Ren LaVice's Start A Fucking Riot Remix)
    5. The Day Is My Enemy (Caspa Remix)

Limited edition CD & Cassette due on July 31st
    Limited edition 12" heavyweight clear vinyl due on Sept. 4th

CD £4.99
    https://theprodigy.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=25483

Cassette £5.99
    https://theprodigy.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=25485

Vinyl £8.99
    https://theprodigy.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=25484

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    new video from the upcoming EP...

looks like the CDs sold out on the official site and the vinyl and cassettes are pretty low.
    the cassette will apparently only be available through the official site.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    AWOL (Strike One)

new song taken from THE NIGHT IS MY FRIEND EP, which is out digitally and on limited edition CD/vinyl/cassette
    AWOL has been a track played live over the last few years and has gone through different variations
    the version on the single is a completely new mix

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Seems like something new from The Prodigy is on its way...

Liam posted a couple of clips of a new track/rework of The Day Is My Enemy... possibly called The Night Is My Friend and features rapper Skits Vicious from Dope D.O.D.

First, he posted a clip of what he called the "instrumental" on Instagram...
    https://instagram.com/p/9gf_0iLM_K/?...rodigyofficial

Then a few days later he posted a clip with vocals...
    https://instagram.com/p/9uhwbxLM5f/?...rodigyofficial

Now they're starting to tease the rework live in their sets...

(skip to around the 5 minute mark for it)

Setlists label it as "Nights My Friend"

There's also a known remix of Medicine in the works from South Central and Liam said "coming to your zone soon."
    So here's hoping for a new EP soon since Liam has said that EPs will now be the way he'll release new music in the future because albums take too long to get music to the fans.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @neorev , my little brother posted a track called "Oz" today. (he's a huge prodigy fan-he named his new son Liam )

Anyway, do you know if this track is confirmed to be real? Am i just way late to the party on this one?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @neorev , my little brother posted a track called "Oz" today. (he's a huge prodigy fan-he named his new son Liam )

Anyway, do you know if this track is confirmed to be real? Am i just way late to the party on this one?
    @elevenism Yes! it is real. It's part of the original demo tape Liam gave to XL Recordings when he got signed. I actually have rips of two demo tapes if you're interested.

What happened was a guy who knew the band back when they first started was given a tape of demo tracks. Apparently he played hand drums and they were thinking about incorporating that live at raves. They didn't stick with it lol. But the guy with the original tape contacted fans through the Brainkiller Prodigy fan site forums. I've been a member of Brainkiller since '98-99 and it's pretty much the go to place for Prodigy info. We dig up a lot of crap before it even gets announced. Anyway, the guy contacted us on the forums and shared the tape. When it got out to the band, Liam decided to post the original demo tape online. So I got rips of both in the best quality possible at the time. "Oz" is one of the tracks.

The original demo tape was 5 tracks... 1) Evil Minds 2) Dr. Zupan 3) Oz 4) Life Me 5) Charly (Remix '91)

The other demo tape given from the hand drum guy has 16 tracks off a two sided cassette tape with some tracks repeated as well as some early versions of songs and their first release the What Evil Lurks EP.

I've been following the band since '93 (the 4th grade) and collect their stuff. I got tons of music from them, including unreleased stuff and demos.

If ya bro wants to converse with other hardcore fans, this is the place to be...
    http://www.brainkiller.it/forum/

We even got a shout out on their official autobiography and recently we did an interview with Liam and we able to ask him stuff.
    Last edited by neorev; 11-08-2015 at 03:52 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Always loved this remix The Prodigy did for the Foo Fighters. It was a special download that came with folks that purchased this white limo diecast car from the Foo Fighters.