Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Prodigy

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I wonder how that guy got the sample sources... it's kind of unbelievable that he just heard it and figured it out
    that ratm one was the one that stumped me

crazy cool but wow

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    for fans of their last album INVADERS MUST DIE, here are some alternate mixes/extra tracks from this era...

INVADERS MUST DIE (Liam H's Re-Amped Version)
    [lead track from the Invaders Must Die single, prefer it over album mix... more energy, definitely amped up]

MESCALINE
    [b-side taken from the Invaders Must Die single]

THE LOST BEATS EP
    , the following 4 extra non-album tracks are from a bonus disc that came with the INVADERS MUST DIE boxset...

THE BIG GUNDOWN

BLACK SMOKE

WILD WEST

FIGHTER BEAT

The official videos from the INVADERS MUST DIE era...
    one thing I love about this band is that their single versions are usually different from their album mixes.
    example: SPITFIRE ('05 Edit), the single mix, pisses all over the album version. This version is also included on THEIR LAW: THE SINGLES 1990-2005.

INVADERS MUST DIE [a slightly edited version]

OMEN [the single version of OMEN is different, and for me better, compared to the album version... different beats w/ added breaks, sounds, effects, etc.]

WARRIOR'S DANCE [edit/shorter version of album version. love this video, a nice homage... the real return of The Prodigy!}

TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL [different mix w/ extra sounds, chops, & effects]

An extra little goodie from the INVADERS MUST DIE era...

DESTROY THE MELODY (featuring WILEY) [this is a rare, unreleased collab track discovered on someone associated with the band's MySpace page]

THUNDER
    was also another planned single that was eventually scrapped. Liam was working on a new version of the track for the single as well. I'm guessing this is what became known as THUNDER DUB, the different mix that is still played live. A few remixes of THUNDER were featured on a joint promo for INVADERS MUST DIE/THUNDER and on the INVADERS MUST DIE CD single and vinyl. Really wished we got a studio version of THUNDER DUB, closest we get is the live CD/DVD or CD/Blu-Ray release WORLD'S ON FIRE.
    Last edited by neorev; 02-28-2014 at 02:06 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Great band, always find something by them I like. Fat of the Land and Invaders Must Die are my favorite albums.

This thread broke my bandwidth. So. Many. Youtube. Videos. Imbedded.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    new years eve show was excellent... messy crowd as well! Was thinking it would be super sanitised being at the o2 arena... lol nope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whoa, my first thread here and already I got 27 replies (28 if you count this one).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    That's. . .a lot of embedded videos.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    sorry guys about all the videos, it automatically embeds them... dunno how to avoid that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For all my JILTED fans out there...July marks the 20th anniversary!

I know what you're thinking...
    "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!! T.W.E.N.T.Y. F$%KING YEARS?!?!?! 2 FOLLOWED BY A 0 YEARS?!?! I'M GETTING F#&KING OLD!!"

lol

Yes, MUSIC FOR THE JILTED GENERATION is about to turn 20...
    Wish there was something special being done to celebrate the occasion... this album deserves the love and respect.
    The Prodigy should perform Jilted in its entirety live (be the first for them to do something like that)... or an EVEN MORE JILTED FOR THE GENERATION expanded release with even more extra tracks than just the 9 tracks we got on the MORE JILTED FOR THE GENERATION release. EXPERIENCE: EXPANDED was a proper expanded release, it's second disc was packed out with a bunch of stuff and there's even MORE unreleased music from that era that wasn't included. And for the JILTED expanded edition... we only got 9 tracks with plenty of room to spare. They didn't even include RHYTHM OF LIFE, which, as a Prodigy fan, is just absolute frigging blasphemy. No RHYTHM OF LIFE?!?! Are you crazy?!?!?! One of the greatest Prodigy b-sides... strike that, greatest Prodigy tracks of all time... is LEFT OFF the bonus disc for JILTED. Ugh... TSK TSK TSK. Such a shame because I really wanted to hear it pumped and remastered.

In case you don't know the track that I am talking about...

RHYTHM OF LIFE (b-side from the ONE LOVE single)

And how about some more unreleased tracks from the JILTED era, such as...

WE EAT RHYTHM (taken from the end credits of the ELECTRONIC PUNKS video tape)

WE EAT RHYTHM [Original Mix] (taken from Select Magazine's compilation cassette

And speaking of the ELECTRONIC PUNKS VHS, someone ripped and posted the full VHS broken down into 9 parts! 's YouTube page.

ELECTRONIC PUNKS [Part 1 of 9] (watch all 9 parts on Tino N.'s YouTube page)

Own this tape myself and love it! A great collection of official videos, clips behind the scenes making the videos, live performances, and a bunch of backstage/offstage funny shenanigans with the band. Check out all 9 parts. After the credits is a much more full on look at making the video for POISON. What's cool about this tape (especially for the old school Prodigy fans here) is that this before the release of the album THE FAT OF THE LAND... before anyone ever heard FIRESTARTER... before they rocked the STATES and became a global phenomenon. ELECTRONIC PUNKS is the beginning... when the band was rocking EXPERIENCE and MUSIC FOR THE JILTED GENERATION. Lots of great stuff from this era, especially unreleased tracks that they performed live only.

Like...

GABBA [Live 1994]

And I just discovered this decent live video recording of The Prodigy's performance at the Reading Festival from back in 1999. This show is a bit interesting with Keith sporting a completely shaved head with weird make up and some wild ass outfit. Maxim also calls out the Beastie Boys for phoning them up and trying to get them to stop performing SMACK MY BITCH UP... I love the Beastie Boys, but they were being a total hypocritical crybabies and especially for hip hop heads completely missed the real meaning behind the b-boy slang/term smack my bitch up. Maxim's response to their request to drop SMACK MY BITCH UP... "I do what the fuck I want." You rock, Maxim! Plus they perform a newer version of ROCK N' ROLL (not just a jam track anymore, turned into a full on unreleased song), VOODOO BEATS, and debut their cover of The Specials' GHOST TOWN live.

WTF, Keith? He's like Uncle Fester meets a vampire meets a jester meets Rocky Horror Picture Show meets Billy Corgan or some shit. This look of his didn't last that long... actually just this one show... wonder why lol.

Enjoy...
    Last edited by neorev; 08-20-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    @neorev Thanks for the awesome post, that Electronic Punks brings me waaaaaaaaay back. I remember my friend Chris ordering it from our Disc Jockey in the mall, back in the day. Lol. He, in like 98 or 99, took a summer vacation to the UK and brought back a slew of Prodigy singles for myself (and the March of the Pigs singles too!)

Good good memories here

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    No problem, @SM Rollinger glad I can help share The Prodigy's music and find a fellow fan.
    They have a ton of unreleased rarities and stuff spread across not so known mixes/compilations/releases/etc.
    I miss the days going all over to record shops hunting every single release from them that I could get my hands on.
    I first heard CHARLY and EVERYBODY IN THE PLACE on a best of rave compilation and started searching for their own releases. This was toward the end of 1993... so it was in between the release of EXPERIENCE and JILTED. It was cool because EXPERIENCE had plenty of singles/EPS... so I had fun hunting them all. Fucking love EXPERIENCE... then I picked up MUSIC FOR THE JILTED GENERATION. Put the CD in, the intro track comes on and then BREAK AND ENTER hits... OH MAN! Nothing beats hearing that for the first time. That beat hits... the glass shattering... fucking hell! Love the new 2005 mix included on the expanded JILTED remastered. But yeah man, those were the days collecting everything. Still got my ELECTRONIC PUNKS tape... they need to clean it up and re-release on DVD. They should have done something special for JILTED's 20th anniversary and include it as a bonus DVD.

But hey, I'm a happy guy if I can help someone discover something new that they may not have heard by them.
    They have a pretty extensive catalog... both officially released and unreleased. Lots to take in. But even I still find new stuff to this day.

Like this live track FREQUENCIES that was only played a couple of times after the release of ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED.
    This was recorded at a show back in 2004 in Sweden and literally only just discovered a month or 2 ago... 10 years later and we're finally hearing something "new" for the first time. It's a pretty basic track/jam/idea... but I'm always eager to hear anything that they try out live. I hunt down everything.

FREQUENCIES [Live Stockholm, Sweden October 23rd, 2004]

and here's little short video mash up clip that I made for fun...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    that gabba tune seems to sample the old doctor who theme

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Here is some scans of some old stuff i found. Clippings from issues of Rolling Stone circa '97, enjoy

Was from the review of Fat of the Land (which im sure you can find online if you care they gave it 4 and a half stars)

aaaaand a couple concert reviews!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    how about some more rarities, eh???

Liam Howlett was working with Paul 'Dirt Candy' Jackson on a project that never came to be
    Dirt Candy provided vocals on the track ACTION RADAR from The Prodigy's album ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
    But two demo tracks did leak... NAIL 'EM LH and ADVICE

NAIL 'EM LH

ADVICE

ADVICE would later be reworked into a full on instrumental Prodigy track known as DEAD KEN BEATS live. It was introduced into live sets during the ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED and THEIR LAW tours in 2004-05 and even performed as late as the warehouse lead up shows for INVADERS MUST DIE in 2008. Liam mentioned MESCALINE and DEAD KEN BEATS as tracks they planned to release as b-sides to singles off INVADERS MUST DIE. MESCALINE was included with Liam's Re-Amped version of the INVADERS MUST DIE single, but DEAD KEN BEATS was never officially released. There was suppose to be another single for THUNDER that was scrapped, which could have possibly been the release that would have included DEAD KEN BEATS. We shall never know. For fans of The Prodigy, it's kind of a running thing known as Liam's broken promises... and there are lots of them.

Here are some live clips of DEAD KEN BEATS...

DEAD KEAN BEATS...

Moscow 2006

Birmingham Rainbow Warehouse 2008

Here's a demo that was posted on the official site during the whole lead up to INVADERS MUST DIE...

WHO THE FUK IS EDDY COCHRAN (that's a good question... I have no clue who the fuck Eddy Cochran is lol)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh, and here's another new track/idea/demo that was played live a couple of times at recent gigs...
    it's a Maxim vocal-led track with a 4 on the floor guitar chugging verse that erupts in big beats and open note guitar riffs.

GET YOUR FIGHT ON
    (Bournemouth, UK : 12/16/13)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Love this new version of EVERYBODY IN THE PLACE performed at The Prodigy's first ever Warrior's Dance Festival held at Milton Keynes Bowl in the UK.
    Their performance from this show was recorded by over a dozen cameras and edited together for their WORLD'S ON FIRE live CD/DVD - CD/BLU-RAY release.And nothing beats the different live versions of tracks, such as THUNDER and COLOURS being completely reworked and alternate mixes of EVERYBODY IN THE PLACE, WEATHER EXPERIENCE, and INVADERS MUST DIE.All of the tracks are tweaked in the some way to make the live performance of them special and unique.This DVD/Blu-Ray is a must have for any Prodigy fan... it captures the energy and power of their live performance.
    Also comes with a bunch of behind the scenes footage [kinda like the ELECTRONIC PUNKS videotape] as they toured the world in support of INVADERS MUST DIE.

EVERYBODY IN THE PLACE
    [Take from World's On Fire DVD]

and this new version of WEATHER EXPERIENCE gives goosebumps with the laser lights...

WEATHER EXPERIENCE [Take from World's On Fire DVD]

TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL [Take from World's On Fire DVD]

BREATHE [Take from World's On Fire DVD]

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    so it looks like the new album is coming... most likely the fall. should be getting an official announcement within the next month or 2. but little hints are being dropped on The Prodigy's Facebook and Instagram.

new track...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    almost the full show from Moscow on Saturday... minus the opening two track "Breathe" and "Jetfighter."

about 14:30 in, you can hear a good version of the new track "Rockweiler"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    they've been playing tweaking this track over time and it finally seems they got this new riff down that makes it sound so much more sinister...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It is official! New "violent-sounding" album coming this year!

http://www.nme.com/news/the-prodigy/78278

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Exclusive: The Prodigy Signs With Warner Bros. Imprint Three Six Zero Music in the U.S.
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...-cooking-vinyl

Three Six Zero Music will distribute the new record over here in the U.S. as well as an upcoming tour.
    Maybe they'll actually have some presence here in the States with the new album, since Invaders Must Die didn't get much promotion over here.
    I actually signed up to the street team and got a bunch of promo material to spread around. Still got some leftovers. Got my local record store to put up the poster of the cover on their wall promoting the upcoming release at the time.
    I really wish The Prodigy would bring their Warrior's Dance Festival over here in the States, now that would be epic.
    They started putting together their own festival back in 2009 in Japan... then they followed it up with one in 2010 at Milton Keynes (this was filmed and released as "World's On Fire" CD/DVD or Blu-ray) as well as Serbia and Brixton in 2012 and Australia and once again in Serbia for 2013.
    The U.S. needs a proper festival put together by these guys, not the usual commercial electronic crapfests you see all over, their fests are usually pretty diverse style-wise.
    http://warriorsdancefestival.com

Can't fucking wait for the new album, which they claim is coming out at the end of the year...
    so a new Prodigy record and a new Aphex Twin record before the year is up??? someone punch me in the face, i must be dreaming.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    this thread is just FILLED with awesome. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, I haven't listened to these guys in YEARS.....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    What was that video they did about ten years ago, where they're rocking out on the dairy farm, spraying the cow milk all over themselves? Weird song, but really great video.
    Nothing sexier than a hot girl getting down to The Prodigy.
    Sorry you didn't get to hit that shit, man. But still sounded like a fun night!

And that video is "Baby's Got A Temper"

Back in 2001/2002, the band had written and recorded several tracks for what was to be their new album "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned" and "Baby's Got A Temper" was to be the lead single. But there was a big backlash with critics slamming the song claiming the band was trying too hard to be controversial since the main hook mentioned rohypnol, otherwise known as the date rape drug. Songwriter Keith Flint wrote the lyrics, perhaps autobiographical? The song isn't about date raping, but as Keith explained about partying around town and spending the night whacked out on uppers and how you would take rohypnol at the end of the night to bring you down. At the time, Keith had his own band that featured some of the live members of The Prodigy who were called FLINT. They recorded an entire album's worth of material titled "Device 1," which "Baby's Got A Temper" was one of the tracks off it. But the album was promo'ed without ever getting an official release. Some of the songs ended up becoming Prodigy tracks with Liam reworking them. Another one of these FLINT tracks to become a Prodigy track was "Razor" featured on the bonus disc to the "Their Law: The Singles 1990-2005" greatest hits compilation. The bonus disc also included another track from that era called "Back 2 Skool" that's pretty cool.

"Razor"
    youtube.com/watch?v=R9wz3kffGNQ
    After the negative response to "Baby's Got A Temper," Liam scrapped what was written for "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned" and started over completely. So "Baby's Got A Temper" ended up being just a one off single, which sucks because the songs that they were debuting at the time were pretty cool sounding. The tracks were very vocal heavy. There was the track "Trigger," which featured Keith and Maxim battling on vocals, that was completely reworked into the inferior track "Shoot Down" on the album as well as another tune called "Nuclear," which parts were reused for "Action Radar."

Trigger
    youtube.com/watch?v=ls8b9PK9g2w

Nuclear
    youtube.com/watch?v=JJ9Zdp3oyjo

According to Liam, he didn't want to release a "Fat Of The Land" Part 2 and decided against having Maxim or Keith on the album at all. He wanted to bring the band back to its roots, which is the THE BEATS. To him, that was what they really were about. And if you think about it, their first two albums did not feature either Maxim or Keith... except for just one track "Poison" on "Music For The Jilted Generation." So in 2004, they finally released "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned" after a long 7 years since 1997's "The Fat Of The Land."

Even though it's a greatest hits collection, I really do recommend Their Law: The Singles 1990-2005 double disc version. The first disc includes all of the the better single mixes of tracks remastered, such as "Charly (Alley Cat Mix)," Everybody In The Place (Fairground Mix)," "Spitfire ('05 Version)" and Poison ('95 EQ) as well as new edits of "Their Law" and "Voodoo People" and the bonus disc contains a bunch of great b-sides, unreleased tracks, alternate mixes, and rarities. The remix version of "Under My Wheels" shits all over the album version, which I usually replace with the version from Their Law. The faster version of "No Man Army (Edit)" featuring Tom Morello of Rage Against The Machine... though I wish they had included the vocal version with Maxim on it called "One Man Army" that was on the Spawn movie soundtrack. "Voodoo Beats," Liam's own reworking of Chemical Brothers' remix of "Voodoo People." The two "newer" unreleased Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned tracks "Razor" & "Back 2 Skool." There's just so much on this release for any newbie Prodigy fan to get the very best of the band as well as any hardcore fan to hear something new and different.

Apologies for my long story, but I hope that for some I helped educate them on the history of The Prodigy... yes, they are my favorite band of all time. I know A LOT about them as you can tell. Followed by Nine Inch Nails, of course (sorry to fellow NIN fans). There's an awesome biography out by Martin James, a long time friend of the group, simply titled "PRODIGY." He plans on releasing an updated version of the book after the release of the new album coming later this year/early next year.

By the way NYRexall... do you still got Tracy's number?
    J/K my friend.P.S.
    I have FLINT's "Device 1" in FLAC if anyone is interested... it's a raw punk album. I quite enjoyed it, don't understand why he couldn't get any backing from a label.
    Also Maxim's "Hell's Kitchen" was pretty good as well.
    Last edited by neorev; 08-20-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^
    I always thought that critics' biggest problem with Baby was that it's too similar to TFOTL

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    ^^
    I always thought that critics' biggest problem with Baby was that it's too similar to TFOTL
    Yeah that was another thing critics mentioned... though I think "Baby's Got A Temper" was much more layered and quite interesting piece of music, especially if you listen to the instrumental version. but as a lead of single to usher in a new era, it just wasn't strong enough... didn't have that element of surprise that band is known to deliver with each new album. and obviously Liam felt the same way with the material at the time not really sounding like a progression rather just repeating what they had already done, which led him to binning it all.
    The Prodigy always have a way of reinventing themselves with each new album era...
    Look at Music From The Jilted Generation's lead single "One Love," a huge departure from the Experience era's rave hyper-breakbeats and pitched up vocals. Too bad Jilted uses the edited version of "One Love" and not the superior full length mix.
    Then you had "Firestarter" bringing us into The Fat Of The Land... like NIN's "Closer," "Firestarter" was an insane sounding track to hear on commercial radio alongside all of the other bullshit being played.
    Then "Girls" was released and showed a radical departure from their Fat Of The Land sound and took us into "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned" era.
    Invaders Must Die's title track was given away as a little taste, but "Omen" was the official lead off single.

That's another thing great about this group, you gotta collect their singles because a lot times Liam makes newer/better reworkings of tracks.
    Like the "Spitfire (05 Version)" shits all over the album version...
    The single version of "Omen" has more breakbeats and extra sounds/fx's, while the album version is a more straight up rock beat...
    The Re-Amped Version of "Invaders Must Die"
    The "Poison ('95 EQ)" from the single.
    I also love The Prodigy's remix of The Chemical Brothers' remix of "Voodoo People" called "Voodoo Beats" that they would play live back in The Fat Of The Land era, which be found on the bonus disc of the Their Law: The Singles 1990-2005 greatest hits and rarities compilation.

And let's not forget all of the great b-sides over the years... "Pandemonium," "Rhythm Of Life," "One Man Army," "Warning," "The Big Gundown," and many, many more.
    The Fat Of The Land is definitely my favorite, followed by Invaders Must Die, then Music From The Jilted Generation, then Experience, and Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned. Actually there really is no bad Prodigy album... just not as good when you are comparing them to each other. Their worst album still shits on a lot of the other electronic music out there. A new Prodigy record and a new Aphex Twin record in the same year?!?!?! A fucking dream fucking come fucking true... pardon my French.
    plus Underworld reissuing their album "Dubnobasswithmyheadman" as 5 disc deluxe edition next month!!! hell yeah!

Oh man, I can't wait for the new Prodigy record! "Rockweiler" sounds fierce from the live vids. So psyched to see where Liam and co. takes us with the lead single, which I believe we're definitely getting this year... most likely fall I'm thinking like around October. Liam said that they had 8 tracks 100% finished while working on the rest, but they're claiming it is coming this year. It's cutting it pretty close I say.

I've been a fan since the 4th grade (around '93-'94) after I heard "Charly (Alley Cat Mix)" and "Everybody In The Place (Fairground Mix)" on a best of rave compilation. Then I heard their remix of Art Of Noise's "Instruments Of Darkness." My brother and I went out and collected every CD that we could get our hands on. This was during the end of the Experience era, so there was plenty of singles/EPs to get our hands on. Then I remember buying Music From The Jilted Generation... and man, oh man... that fucking album blew me way. When "Break And Enter" fucking kicks in! Oh god, that shit just hits you. I was so happy when I saw them in 2005 at the NYC stop of their Their Law tour... they did this awesome new reworking of "Break And Enter" as the opener! it was immense! Liam included it on the reissue of Jilted called More Music From The Jilted Generation.

That's it, you did it to me... now I gotta go listen to The Prodigy all day. Got the new mix of B&E blasting as I type this. Thanks a lot, guys!

Last edited by neorev; 08-20-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ROCKWEILER (new track off the upcoming untitled album)
    youtube.com/watch?v=6oLMVYTtXc8 <--- THAT riff that comes in at :23 seconds... just so sinister sounding.

Here is an early version of the tune played back in 2013 with a completely different riff for the verse.
    I did enjoy this version when I first heard it, but the current 2014 mix with the new riff is just so sinister.
    youtube.com/watch?v=15ljj4A7xxo

Originally the album was going to be called How To Steal a Jet Fighter, but they decided to go with a new name that hasn't been revealed yet. I know that they had a cover picked for inspiration to go with the title. But it looks like the theme and everything has changed with the new batch of material.

The new ideas that have been played live over the last 2-3 years: "Rockweiler," "Jetfighter," "Dogbite," "The Day Is My Enemy," "AWOL," & "Get Your Fight On"
    "Rockweiler" was confirmed by Liam that it will be on the official album. "Get Your Fight On" is another likely album track that was slyly revealed in a image of Liam's set up/computer desktop where you can see an .aif file that said "Get Your Fight On - Album Version" that he posted on Instagram and social media. He also revealed a small bit of a track called "Medicine" on Facebook as well as him working on a track called "Destroy The Melody." "Destroy The Melody" was actually a track with rapper Wiley that leaked online a little while back that was written during the Invaders Must Die era but left off in the end since Liam didn't want any collabs on the new album, just an album showcasing the three main members of the band together. "AWOL" will apparently be a bonus track, but not sure if that means a b-side for a single or possibly an extra track from Japan or exclusive to certain way of purchasing the album. Invaders Must Die has a boxset version that included the album split on several 7" orange vinyls along with a poster, stencils, pins, along with the CD/DVD copy of the album and a bonus 4 track disc called Lost Beats EP. So hoping for another Lost Beats EP with the new album that will include these other little live jams/demos/leftovers. I'll totally purchase the boxset version!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i'm so excited. i remember in the 9th grade when i first heard fire (burning version) in an older friend's car. i was like WHAT...THE...FCK is this!? i thought it was the coolest thing i'd ever heard and bought every single i could get my hands on. that was 94, and i've been a prodigy nut ever since.

random prodigy memory: my crazy ass little brothe aztec made me listen to this NASTY remix called Rat Poison every day on the way to school.

it's not as bad now but it was RUFF on my fucking brain on the way to high school at 6 am lol.

I went and saw the prodigy in 97.

The best record, for me, is DEFINITELY experience expanded. i love their original sound. people are always calling music techno...i show them old prodigy and tell them THIS is techno.

and lol @neorev , me to, i'm blasting prodigy now

wow doesn't that nasty ass riff on rockweiler sound like NIN?

See, i wish trent would tour with someone like the prodigy and not soundgarden. i like pear jam and aic and soundgardan and jane's addiction, but nin does NOT fit in with those bands just because they were around at the same time.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-20-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I went and saw the prodigy in 97.
    The best record, for me, is DEFINITELY experience expanded. i love their original sound. people are always calling music techno...i show them old prodigy and tell them THIS is techno.
    and lol @neorev , me to, i'm blasting prodigy now
    wow doesn't that nasty ass riff on rockweiler sound like NIN?
    See, i wish trent would tour with someone like the prodigy and not soundgarden. i like pear jam and aic and soundgardan and jane's addiction, but nin does NOT fit in with those bands just because they were around at the same time.
    oh man, i would give anything to have seen them live in the mid-90's when they were in their prime.
    The Prodigy and Nine Inch Nails were both in their prime live around the same time now that I think about it... 1994-1999.
    That "Rockweiler" riff definitely has a dark NIN vibe, especially something off Hesitation Marks.
    A tour with Nine Inch Nails and The Prodigy would be ridiculous... I honestly couldn't even manage what that would be like.
    Nine Inch Nails end with the somber "Hurt" while The Prodigy kicks everything off with "Smack My Bitch Up" LOL.
    I love Experience! Yeah I remember when electronic music was just that... techno.
    Before all of these stupid genre names flooded the scene, before techno got hijacked to mean crappy 4 on the floor dance music.
    Yeah I miss those days, man... miss 'em.
    But Experience era was frigging great... so much music during this period. Like with all young bands with their first album, writing a ton of music.
    My favorite track has got to be "Hyperspeed (G-Force Part 2)." "Jericho" is also great as well as "Ruff In The Jungle Bizness."
    "Hyperspeed"
    was never really played live before, the original "G-Force (Part 1)" has been played back in the day... but NOT "Hyperspeed." WTF, Liam?
    But this last year or so. They decided to switch up the usual closing track "Out Of Space" and have been rocking "Hyperspeed," so fucking epic!Dear Space Alien God Who May Or May Not Exist... please let me experience (no pun intended) "Hyperspeed" just once the next time that they perform live in NYC. Thank you Space Alien God Who May Or May Not Exist.

Here's a live video from their official YouTube channel...

I won a competition on their official site a few years back and I got to see a special screening of their World's On Fire live release with a bunch of bloggers and music journalists. The band wasn't there, but it was still pretty cool. It was at a studio called The Lodge in NYC. It was very fucking uber-plush/lush/tricked out place. They mastered Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned there. Neil McLellan is one of the owners of The Lodge, he's been working with The Prodigy behind the scenes since Jilted days. Liam had him fly over from the States to London to work on the new album.

Hey if you need anything or looking for particular track or rarity, just give me a shout... I got pretty much everything.
    Last edited by neorev; 08-20-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And if you're looking for a fan site/forum for The Prodigy that is the equivalent of what Echoing The Sound is for NIN...
    http://www.brainkiller.it <--- based in Italy

I've been on that site for about 15 years... stumbled upon it around like 1999/2000.
    If you wanna stay up to date on all of your Prodigy news as well as stay ahead in news and info... BK is the place to be.
    We even get news/info ahead of their own official site strangely enough.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i like we are the ruffest.

yeah they were awesome back then, as was the lolapalooza lineup that year...the prodigy, tool, tricky, snoop dogg, failure, black eyed peas when they were still hip hop, james, a couple of the marley boys...great fucking show.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i like we are the ruffest.
    yeah they were awesome back then, as was the lolapalooza lineup that year...the prodigy, tool, tricky, snoop dogg, failure, black eyed peas when they were still hip hop, james, a couple of the marley boys...great fucking show.

^^^now THAT is a fucking line up!^^^

"Every time we play, we are the ruffest, we are the ruffest, see!"

"We Are The Ruffest" was all remastered and included on the bonus disc for the Their Law singles collection.
    Proper choice of an Experience b-side right there!
    Last edited by neorev; 08-20-2014 at 04:08 PM.