Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: The Prodigy

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Prodigy fans, you may wanna put a little cash aside. Not announced yet. But all I can tell you is that there's a vinyl release coming to celebrate a previous release of theirs which was never available on vinyl before. Coming very soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Prodigy fans, you may wanna put a little cash aside. Not announced yet. But all I can tell you is that there's a vinyl release coming to celebrate a previous release of theirs which was never available on vinyl before. Coming very soon.
    All the main albums have previously been released on vinyl, so I’m guessing that means it’s either World’s on Fire (probably) or the Dirtchamber Sessions (unlikely). I suppose it could be an expanded version of any of the albums too, but that doesn’t quite fit the criteria you mentioned.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Oh man can’t wait for the Baby’s Got A Temper glow in the dark picture disc!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Prodigy announced the World's On Fire vinyl today!
    Not only that, the audio is a 2020 remaster done by Engine Earz who mastered No Tourists
    They're selling a heavyweight red edition exclusively on the official Prodigy store with bundles

https://theprodigy.tmstor.es

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Goddamn if that Prodigy footage released today from Summer Sonic isnt hyping me the fuck up right now. I know these are the big hits, but man they still go HARD.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Goddamn if that Prodigy footage released today from Summer Sonic isnt hyping me the fuck up right now. I know these are the big hits, but man they still go HARD.
    T minus 14 hours...
    The Prodigy will be broadcasting World's On Fire live concert on their YouTube for 48 hours...

I wish they release the full show. World's On Fire is missing several tracks played, including the opening track World's On Fire.

Here's the old Bluray/DVD teaser...

I won a contest back in 2011 and got to go to The Lodge (where Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned was mastered) in New York City and watch the debut of the World's On Fire Bluray with a bunch of music bloggers and reviewers. It was hosted by The End Records. The place was very, very plush. It was a pretty cool experience. Gave me free copies of the Bluray/CD and DVD/CD. Got to chat with exec's from The End and they were super stoked in getting the rights to release the live album here in the US. They seemed like hardcore Prodigy fan themselves. Brought my girl with me and we were pampered and taken care of. The UK actually got theater showings. Heard folks went wild at the showings, getting up and dancing in the theater.
    Last edited by neorev; 07-24-2020 at 01:11 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This is a pretty good concert video...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is a pretty good concert video...
    Yes, I've been there and it was wild. They let too many people in the front section, so you couldn't move anywhere. Some idiot tried to push his way through and hit my girlfriend so that we had to leave early. We still had to jump up and down with the rest of the crowd to get to the side exit because it was so packed. Apart from that it was still a good show and we could enjoy the last few songs from the back.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    A new YouTube page popped up with a guy claiming he bought what he thought were blank DAT tapes on eBay and discovered that they had unreleased live Prodigy jam tracks on it dating back to 1994 and/or 1995. It seems they were recorded onto DAT off the monitor desk at a show. This means there is no Maxim live MCing, just the music. So far 3 tracks have shown up. Included the DAT YouTube links as well as a live video of each track to hear how it sounds live with Maxim MCing over it. Patiently wait to see if more leaks pop up. I'd kill for a recording of We Eat Rhythm or Time To Get Funky And Raw.

GABBA
    (An encore/closing live jam played between 1994-1997)

GABBA (Live at Phoenix Festival 1996)

NOW HEAR THIS
    (An interlude live jam played between 1993-1994)

NOW HEAR THIS (Live 1994)

HELICOPTER TECHNO/THE `95 VIBE
    (Liam's remix of CJ Bolland's No Good Museum Mix, only played a few times between 1994-1995)

THE `95 VIBE (Live at Athens, Greece 1995)

I did get to hear an early version of something "new" that will be coming one day.

Oh, and for folks who didn't want to spend all the money to ship the upcoming World's On Fire 2020 Remaster vinyl release, pre-order for the black vinyl edition is up on Amazon. The Prodigy official store has a red vinyl edition, but shipping is nearly $30. Their Cooking Vinyl Bandcamp artist page has the black edition, but shipping is also over $25 to the US. I'm gonna go with Amazon since I have Prime and free shipping.

Amazon Pre-order:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DC5YD11/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_h-lnFbGDG887Y

Unless you want a World's On Fire shirt and hot sauce, then ya gotta go through the official store.
    Last edited by neorev; 08-12-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "I roll and rock, rock and roll, kick it up in the brainstorm"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Damn, it's still so sad that Keith passed away. I don't think I commented on this thread at the time, but I was totally shocked when I heard the news. Keith, Liam and Maxim always seemed like a close unit on stage, and most likely off stage as well. I've been going through a Prodigy phase lately, and I still think Liam is in a league of his own when it comes to production. There's so many edited and alternate versions of songs I've come across only recently, and they're so good. The 2005 edit of Spitfire is awesome, and the 95 EQ mix of Poison has always been a favourite of mine. AONO is still heaps underrated, like for 2004, Girls sounds ahead of its time and it still sounds fantastic today. I've been digging stuff like Wake Up Call and You'll Be Under My Wheels a lot too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    Damn, it's still so sad that Keith passed away. I don't think I commented on this thread at the time, but I was totally shocked when I heard the news. Keith, Liam and Maxim always seemed like a close unit on stage, and most likely off stage as well. I've been going through a Prodigy phase lately, and I still think Liam is in a league of his own when it comes to production. There's so many edited and alternate versions of songs I've come across only recently, and they're so good. The 2005 edit of Spitfire is awesome, and the 95 EQ mix of Poison has always been a favourite of mine. AONO is still heaps underrated, like for 2004, Girls sounds ahead of its time and it still sounds fantastic today. I've been digging stuff like Wake Up Call and You'll Be Under My Wheels a lot too.
    Yea, I woke up to a ton of messages the day Keith passed. Had no idea what was going on, but knew something bad must've happened. I remember the one message I did read first said, "I can only imagine what you must be feeling right now. I know you're a huge fan." Then I saw my BK chat Messenger group had a ton of replies and I thought, "Oh, no." That was a rough day. I just kinda sat in silence sitting on the edge for a good hour or 2 of my bed just reading. When I was a kid, I was a big Nirvana fan. When Kurt killed himself, it hit me, but not as hard as I was only a fan for a few years. As for The Prodigy, I grew up listening to them since I was 9 years old (1993). I would watch their behind the scenes docs like Electronic Punks and interviews. They seemed like 4 friends having fun. Keith was especially positive. He seemed completely into it all. Then, getting to chat with Liam and getting to know him. The guy who made me wanna produce is now saying he digs my stuff. It's like a dream come true after listening to them for 27 years. I've gone through so much of my life all while listening to the band. Then there was that pic the other year of Leeroy with them and I thought, "Wow, could all 4 of them get back together on stage again one last time?" Then, I woke up that day to the news that Keith was gone. He's such an adrenaline junky that I figured it was from his race bike riding or something extreme. But to hear that he hung himself and obviously must've been depressed. I'm tearing up now just typing this. I just never in my life thought he would kill himself. He seemed so full of life and loving the moment. I was gonna get to meet them in NYC for their US tour that eventually was canceled. I wish I got the chance to meet him and tell him what he means to me. Being in my life for so long, watching all those behind the scenes vids of Keith and the band goofing around, it really hits me hard.

There's an awesome Liam remix of Under My Wheels on the Their Law bonus disc...

And there's a very different original mix on the Girls single...

A post shared by on

Last edited by neorev; 08-15-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Today marks two years since Keith's passing...

You are missed!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Damn, two years already!?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Listened to a bunch of Prodigy while enjoying the weather this past weekend, and I haven't seen a list in a while. Most Fav to Least Fav

1. MFTJG
    2. Fat Of The Land
    3. No Tourists
    4. Experience
    5. Invaders Must Die
    6. The Day Is My Enemy
    7. AONOG

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    1. The Fat Of The Land
    2. Music For The Jilted Generation
    3. Experience
    4. No Tourists
    5. Invaders Must Die
    6. The Day Is My Enemy
    7. Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

AONO is the only album I usually skip tracks on. The rest I can throw on and listen to from front to back.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I don't which which one I like listening to less AONO or The Day is My Enemy.
    To me they are both kind of one note and never elicit any real emotional response.
    I will give them credit for not trying to follow any trends, but then again none of their records do.

I'm looking forward to their upcoming documentary.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New beats...

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    @neorev that sounds NASTY

Hopefully Liam and Maxim do a few dates!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It sound NU!
    I love it!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just a little heads up, a brand new reworking of a classic Prodigy tune is gonna be featured in F9: The Fast Saga movie. Not just a simple rework, but also a collaboration between The Prodigy and a rap legend. It thumps!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Just a little heads up, a brand new reworking of a classic Prodigy tune is gonna be featured in F9: The Fast Saga movie. Not just a simple rework, but also a collaboration between The Prodigy and a rap legend. It thumps!
    Gotta be either Them From the Fastlane or You'll Be Under My Wheels?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Kool Keith rules

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Gotta be either Them From the Fastlane or You'll Be Under My Wheels?
    Neither.

Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Kool Keith rules
    He sure does... but it's not Kool Keith.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @10:43
    According to Maxim, 2022 will be the year for Prodigy fans...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

AONO is the only album I usually skip tracks on. The rest I can throw on and listen to from front to back.
    Honestly I only listen to Medusa's Path and You'll Be Under My Wheels anymore.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Yeah, not a fan of bands trying to get their hits a, you know, modern touch.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Yeah, not a fan of bands trying to get their hits a, you know, modern touch.
    Well, The Prodigy kinda have a history of reworking their tunes. Also, they got an official documentary coming where they wanted to do something special for it. Liam dropped an early version of the beats live back in 2018. Whether it's updated mixes/reworks for their singles or the Their Law greatest hits record, they have a long history of remixing themselves. It goes all the way back to their very first hit single ever Charly, which the video/mix everyone knows is an updated remix Liam did of the original tune. The Alley Cat mix is the one most people know. The same goes for Everybody In The Place. It's kinda been their thing since the beginning.

The original...

The one everyone knows and loves...
    Last edited by neorev; 06-14-2021 at 02:24 PM.