Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: The Prodigy

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Princess Superstar just posted an unreleased demo she did with The Prodigy back during Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned. It seems she was working on a vocal version of The Way It Is called Jesus Christ I'm Nice that ended up being scrapped. But Liam did take bits of her vocals and used them on the track Memphis Bells.

https://soundcloud.com/princess-supe...E5fp-4SmOASuYw
    Yikes... I don't blame him for scrapping it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Best news ever!!!

"Back in the studio making noise.. brand new Prodigy tunes are gonna roll , boooom"

Liam Howlett just posted this today!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1ZYhMTB...=16j07i8dd15ab
    Last edited by neorev; 08-20-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Fashionably Loud 1997
    Nothing beats the lead up to the release of The Fat Of The Land. I was a huge fan since 1993 and was so psyched when they were finally blowing up in the US. I remember watching this when it broadcasted for the first time. Also, their live performance of Breathe at V97 that was broadcasted on the MTV Music Awards with Madonna introducing them (as she owns Maverick, who released TFOTL in the US). Later on was their Live At The 10 Spot performance, which was their Brixton '97 performance.

Madonna intro

Breathe V97

I am so happy they're not giving up after Keith's death. I thought No Tourists was great and curious to see where Liam takes it from here musically.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm still heartbroken over Keith's death, but hopefully Liam and Maxim will decide to perform live again.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Benny Blanco 1995

Benny Blanco 2002

Benny Blanco 2015
    Last edited by neorev; 08-31-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Listening to the Invaders Must Die album for the first time right now and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it! The title track is in the Wipeout game I recently purchased and I can't get it out of my head, so thought it'd be time to listen to the album. What a major shot of energy this album is, it's giving me a much needed boost after feeling low energy/down yesterday. I need to give later day Prodigy a chance, never really listened to much of it. I discovered them as a kid back in 96/97 from the Wipeout XL soundtrack, still the best video game soundtrack ever imo.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Listening to the Invaders Must Die album for the first time right now and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it! The title track is in the Wipeout game I recently purchased and I can't get it out of my head, so thought it'd be time to listen to the album. What a major shot of energy this album is, it's giving me a much needed boost after feeling low energy/down yesterday. I need to give later day Prodigy a chance, never really listened to much of it. I discovered them as a kid back in 96/97 from the Wipeout XL soundtrack, still the best video game soundtrack ever imo.
    Wipeout XL was amazing, both game and soundtrack! I remember it was before the Firestarter single was in any stores here in the US, so I loaded the PlayStation disc into my CD player and recorded the instrumental to tape and listened to that obsessively. Actually, on that game disc is an exclusive alternate mix of Chemical Brothers track Dust Up Beats, which is different from its vinyl only version.

I quite enjoyed Invaders Must Die. I know that era was very big for them as a band as it was seen as their big return to form after Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned kinda came and went. They also held their first Warrior's Dance Festival, which was recorded for World's On Fire Blu-ray/DVD/CD. I got to see them at Roseland Ballroom in NYC for the Invaders Tour just after the album dropped worldwide. That was one hell of a show.

This is my favorite track off Invaders, which they played an awesome re-edit/tweaked mix at Roseland that I wish they released...

Fun little fact, after the Omen, Warrior's Dance, and Take Me To Hospital videos/singles, Thunder was actually meant to be the final single. Liam was working on a new mix for it, but instead did the Re-Amped verson of Invaders Must Die. There were actually promos with Thunder remixes from the canceled, with one showing up on the Invaders EP with the Re-Amped version and b-side Mescaline CD, another on their Invaders 7", and another on the expanded Invaders Must Die 2CD/DVD reissue.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Working my way up- on The Day is My Enemy now. Also enjoying it. Hoping for a new album later this year..considering Liam has been working on it for over a year now.

Is Leeroy officially back in the group? Noticed they were hanging recently.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I still haven’t really listened to TDIME, despite picking it up on vinyl. My immediate impression was it was like the off cuts from IMD, and I liked IMD, but wanted something different. But I’ve probably been premature in writing it off.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Prodigy fans should check this out!!!
    I'm part of Brainkiller, which is a well known and established Prodigy fan community, and we are about to launch a brand new Prodigy YouTube page on Friday, May 15th. Our first upload is an exclusive fully remastered video of their set at Phoenix Festival 1996. I am proud to have been a part of this release. I remastered the audio of the show from a brand new source.

Experience this legendary performance like you've never seen/heard it before.

Subscribe/save the date at:

Make sure to watch the live premiere at 9PM (Europe) / 3PM (USA) and chat with your fellow Prodigy fans.

P.S.
    This is only the beginning

I posted a little clip on my Instagram...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CAMjHzOp...=1a34a78p0p8hd

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    very cool, that was an epic show! looking forward to the remaster. thanks for working on it. is there a prodigy message board out there? I'm not on facebook and i realize in recent years many band boards have just moved over to there (which Is why I love ets)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    very cool, that was an epic show! looking forward to the remaster. thanks for working on it. is there a prodigy message board out there? I'm not on facebook and i realize in recent years many band boards have just moved over to there (which Is why I love ets)
    Facebook kinda took over, which there's The Prodigy Invaders, The Prodigy Warriors, and Dirtchamber groups. A couple of Discord ones, The Prodigy Warriors and we're working on a Brainkiller one.

The Brainkiller forums are still going strong though, but perhaps a little quieter these days. When news and stuff comes out, it gets active again.

Been trying to bring BK into the 21st century...
    http://www.brainkiller.it/forum/index.php

Been a member all the way back to when it was the Claustrophobic Prodigy Page days, since 2001-ish. It is technically based in Italy. I remember when they premiered tracks Trigger and Nuclear live on festival tours. There was the whole build up for Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned Version 1 with Baby's Got A Temper. Then BGAT got a slagged by reviewers and Liam scrapped it all and started over. Mad times then. That's why we ended up hosting our own little music competition in 2003 cuz we were sick and tired of waiting for AONO V2. That comp became the Music From The Jilted Generation series. My track was 1 of a dozen of so tracks out of 70 entries voted onto volume 1 back in the day. A couple of tunes off it even got played on Radio 101, one of the major Italy radio stations, thanks to the webmaster.

Those were fun times. We ended up doing 5 volumes and a couple of album remix comps. We were gonna do a 6th one up until Keith passed, which dampened many of ours spirits.

There was also Nekozine for a while, which was another amazing fan forum that sadly went defunct. Those were the 2 go-to forum sites back in the day for anything Prodigy.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-16-2020 at 12:40 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    so cool! Prodigy fans seem awesome.
    looks like the new album is almost done?
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-p...memory-2666913
    Last edited by versusreality; 05-16-2020 at 05:52 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I feel like now would be a good time to get that passport...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    so cool! Prodigy fans seem awesome.
    looks like the new album is almost done?
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-p...memory-2666913
    I've made lots of good friends through The Prodigy fan community. A couple dozen of us have our own little personal BK chat on Messenger to keep in touch.

Going back to the launch of No Tourists, Liam did an online radio interview where he hinted that he was already working on something new and they had something big planned for 2019. Plus there were other hints from posts and articles, such as Dizzee Rascal being in the studio and Shahin Badar (the Smack My Bitch Up epic bridge vocalist) went into the studio to record stuff. Engine Earz, who mastered No Tourists, also mentioned how they were listening to Keith's vocals, prepping the next steps when they became aware of his passing. So it seems something has been brewing for a little while, then was put on hold for a little bit after Keith passed. It seems Liam wants to power on and make another record. I imagine we'll get something in 2021. If there's one band that could do this, it's The Prodigy. Between Keith and the coronavirus, it's kind of a bummer as 2020 marks the band's 30th anniversary. Sure Liam is using this time in isolation to cook something new up.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-16-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    No shit Dizzee Rascal? Damn.

Hopefully they can get the LONGMAN Leeroy to do a few shows with them when they are able to play live again.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    No shit Dizzee Rascal? Damn.

Hopefully they can get the LONGMAN Leeroy to do a few shows with them when they are able to play live again.
    Dizzee has been trying to get a Prodigy collab since 2009.

Last time Leeroy joined them on stage was for a one off during the Their Law Tour in 2005, which celebrated their 15th anniversary. He jumped on stage for a track or 2. Apparently Liam really wanted Leeroy to come back after that night, but Leeroy turned him down and felt that one night was enough. I do think he may be involved in some form with the next album era. Leeroy has been producing music on his own for a while now.

https://leeroythornhill.bandcamp.com

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Shit, 30 years already, wow. I wonder if Liam's got anything planned? He seems to be a forward looking guy, which I think is quite awesome, but maybe he'll do something unique for the anniversary. If not for this, then for the eventual 30th anniversary of the Experience album. I think with Keith's passing, Leeroy may find his way back in as maybe even a semi-permanent member of the band, especially with the 30th anniversary happening. Hearing Badar is back recording with Liam literally gave me chills down my spine. Just started listening to the Fat of the Land as I'm on this big Prodigy kick still. Haven't listened to this album in years, and quite frankly, enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Last time Leeroy joined them on stage was for a one off during the Their Law Tour in 2005, which celebrated their 15th anniversary. He jumped on stage for a track or 2. Apparently Liam really wanted Leeroy to come back after that night, but Leeroy turned him down and felt that one night was enough. I do think he may be involved in some form with the next album era. Leeroy has been producing music on his own for a while now.

https://leeroythornhill.bandcamp.com
    I appreciate that he wants to be his own person and not just a dancer, but damn I enjoyed watching him. Dude has skills.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think Leeroy coming back do contribute some music/live synth player and occasional dancing would be ideal.

In recent days, I think I realize I like later-day Prodigy more than the 90's material (which is classic and still amazing, no doubt) . But just hearing how Liam's composition and production has grown over the years is truly spectacular. Take me to the Hospital is a current favorite.

Now I'm looking to dig into the rare tracks- b-sides, unreleased material, stuff only in films/compilations.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Now I'm looking to dig into the rare tracks- b-sides, unreleased material, stuff only in films/compilations.
    They've got plenty there

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Shit that's some good stuff! Some of the unreleased stuff is amazing too!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This was the iTunes bonus track for The Day Is My Enemy

And Liam's own remix of the title track featuring Dope D.O.D. on vocals...

Some Invaders Must Die era b-sides...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Sadly, my Brainkiller Prodigy video which features every single remix Liam Howlett of The Prodigy has done for other artists was blocked worldwide by YouTube

Sorry Prodigy fans.

Here's one of my favorite remixes he did...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    those remixes and bonus tracks are fucking bonkers!!

You know, the styles are very different, there are some similarities, but I have to say, Liam is right up there with Trent in terms of composition/production. I don't think he get enough respect.

Just came across this article
    Thoughts?
    https://mixmag.net/feature/best-the-...-tracks-ranked

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just came across this article
    Thoughts?
    https://mixmag.net/feature/best-the-...-tracks-ranked
    Some interesting choices. My list would be quite different.

My top 30 in whatever order as it changes...

01 Smack My Bitch Up
    02 Hyperspeed (G Force Part 2)
    03 Claustrophobic Sting
    04 Thunder
    05 Girls
    06 Rhythm Of Life
    07 Timebomb Zone
    08 Molotov Bitch
    09 Voodoo Beats
    10 Break And Enter
    11 Weather Experience
    12 Get Up Get Off
    13 The Big Gundown
    14 Back 2 Skool
    15 Rebel Radio
    16 We Live Forever
    17 The Day Is My Enemy (Liam H Remix feat. Dope D.O.D.)
    18 Funky Shit
    19 Poison (95 EQ)
    20 Wall Of Death
    21 Champions Of London
    22 Take Me To Hospital
    23 Baby's Got A Temper
    24 One Man Army
    25 One Love (12" Mix)
    26 Jericho
    27 Firestarter
    28 Pandemonium
    29 Rise Of The Eagles
    30 Breathe

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Fat of the Land is on sale on Amazon if anyone is interested. I've been trying to track down a reasonably priced copy for a year now and these just came back in recently.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Fat of the Land is on sale on Amazon if anyone is interested. I've been trying to track down a reasonably priced copy for a year now and these just came back in recently.
    One of the substores on Amazon is MovieMars, it's $26.01 + $3.99 shipping on Amazon
    If you go through their own site, it's $23.17 + free shipping... http://moviemars.com/ProductDetails.aspx?i=6248505

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Some interesting choices. My list would be quite different.

My top 30 in whatever order as it changes...
    my top 20 would be, or the tracks that stand out for me

1 - Poison
    2 - Break and Enter
    3 - Narayan
    4 - Smack My Bitch Up
    5 - Charly
    6 - Music Reach 1234
    7 - Their Law
    8 - Everybody in the Place
    9 - The Claustrophobic Sting
    10 - Your Love
    11- Girls