Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: after all is said and done - THE FINAL SHOW - Project that remains unfinished

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Dorbell View Post
    I edit musical performances for a living, and I usually finish a 3 hour long show with three cameras in say... two weeks. Maybe double that to include color correction. I realize there were plenty more angles here and probably a lot more work with color correction because of the different cameras. But it shouldn't take two damn years! What's taking so long?

Maybe you are just making it more high quality that you want to edit it to its fullest.. That's why it take too long..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    They had about 2/3 of the amount of footage we got for Vegas, and their show's an hour longer. The actual Vegas editing process took about a month from start to finish, not counting downtime period.
    I had the AAISAD footage sitting on my desk for a few weeks... They indeed had a lot of sources for some songs but others were lacking because people's batteries/flash drives ran out after a while.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    looks like I could comment on their wall... maybe it is just you?
    10 more days and it will be exactly 1 year since their last status update. Hopefully they say something then. To be fair, they didn't open up for the 2nd round of orders yet. If they were intentionally going to scam people they would have kept the orders open. There is still a large chunk of people who would give them money.
    Their intention was never to scam anyone. The team was just poorly managed and made up of people who weren't dedicated enough to get shit done.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Since this topic is getting some attention, I'll go ahead and ask the same thing I asked on nin.com:

Are the TOIOU Blu-Rays still available? The website makes it seem so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    they are still available. However the initial full set has sold out. You can still order the Gift on Blu Ray for $10 @ http://nin.thisoneisonus.org/app/cgi-bin/order.cgi

even just "The Gift" is great for $10

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R37R0 View Post
    they are still available. However the initial full set has sold out. You can still order the Gift on Blu Ray for $10 @ http://nin.thisoneisonus.org/app/cgi-bin/order.cgi

even just "The Gift" is great for $10
    Awesome. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://reflectinginthechrome.com/exc...interview.html
    An optimistic guns-ablazing interview to refresh your memory of the energetic tone of the project at the time.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I left a message for Sasan on his FB he is still active there. I kindly donated all my 1080P hd footage to this project I don't like seeing the community in the dark on this project it was supposed to be something epic celebrating the last NIN show. Hopefully I will hear something and be able to pass it along I would encorage everyone that donated or purchased to keep at the whole team there is no reason they should have taken this long or kept peoples funds thats simply not right.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    could always file a small claims against them...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oddityben View Post
    We could always report them to their state's consumer affairs bureau. That's how I got my money back from the fan made YZ t-shirts a couple years ago (can't remember what that endeavor was called). Maybe if enough of us reported them, it would either motivate them to wrap this thing up, communicate, or give us our money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    This is where everyone filed their complaints about the T-shirts. They were forwarded to the Utah state authorities, who later took action.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
    Synthetikz/Sasan is a litigation attorney???? I seriously can't believe he has not kept up communication with people on this project after taking so many people's money. He could face serious professional sanction if people took action against him through the ic3.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Well, with the new multi-cam edit that was just posted (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/748-NIN-Wiltern-The-final-show-2-DVDs-(multi-cam)), I actually don't even know if I care to hold out for this project (even a little) anymore. The wait's been too long, and I've been avoiding watching many clips of songs from the last show in (false) hopes that this would be out soon, and I could watch it in one sitting on blu-ray and just be completely surprised by it. I'm just going to get a hold of this new edit and let myself enjoy the show.

If anything, I feel like ZootZap deserves more of my respect than this project does - Not just because it was actually finished, but because they took initiative and put together an edit themselves after waiting and seeing how this project turned out.

Also - I just read this on the AAISAD Facebook page (of course, from a user's comment on another user's post.)

The "atinylittledot.com" site is set to expire on 10-Apr-2012
    Sorry guys looks like they stole your money
    Registrant:
    Domains By Proxy, LLC
    DomainsByProxy.com
    15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    United States
    Registered through: Go Daddy
    Domain Name: ATINYLITTLEDOT.COM
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-01-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You could always email him at work.
    http://www.brookstone-law.com/attorneys.html
    Unless there are two lawyers with that name in Los Angeles.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'll never understand why people commit themselves to projects this large if they don't take the time to consider all the fuck ups that are inevitably going to come along with it.

Remember that dude who was doing the whole thing with the With Teeth lyric poster? That sure went sour quickly. Projects like this almost always end up in the shitter.

Just let Rob and Trent work on it. It'll all get released eventually.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'll never understand why people commit themselves to projects this large if they don't take the time to consider all the fuck ups that are inevitably going to come along with it.

Remember that dude who was doing the whole thing with the With Teeth lyric poster? That sure went sour quickly. Projects like this almost always end up in the shitter.

Just let Rob and Trent work on it. It'll all get released eventually.
    Or be like this guy and just get the shit done, THEN let everyone know: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...Ds-(multi-cam)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Or be like this guy and just get the shit done, THEN let everyone know: http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/748-NIN-Wiltern-The-final-show-2-DVDs-(multi-cam)
    Exactly. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    when jason lynes/factionnation decided to go dark, i took the lead in organizing information and dealing with the utah attorney general's consumer protection division. it was a pretty simple process - i collected the names, addresses, order confirmation numbers and amounts that people paid, put it in a spreadsheet and sent a letter to the consumer protection division notifying them what had happened. an investigator from the consumer protection division responded right away, and if i remember right, it took about 2 weeks after they got involved for people to either have a refund of their money or their orders filled. State law in Utah provided for a $2500 fine per unfilled order, which lit a fire under Jason's ass.

I haven't looked into California law, but given that their laws are generally more consumer-friendly than a lot of other states, I would expect there to be a similar fine, if not higher. Given that these guys seem to have no intentions of completing this project or responding to attempts to contact them, it might be time to pursue a similar course of action here. Given that the project lead is an attorney, I would expect this would get his attention since it could lead to an ethics investigation by the California state bar association and, potentially, disbarment.

I'm willing to prepare a letter and send the relevant documentation in. I don't know that I'm in the best position to solicit and collect everybody's information this time, though, since I'm not really plugged into the community anymore. For faction, I collected information through the ETS thread, which was pretty active. It seems like trying to collect information through twitter and facebook would be the best course. Hell, the presence of an organized campaign to collect this information with the stated purpose of filing a consumer complaint and triggering an ethics investigation may be enough to trigger some action.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Just do it. Everybody keeps talking about taking action. but nobody does. Bust these douches.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    Just do it. Everybody keeps talking about taking action. but nobody does. Bust these douches.
    I think that taking action in this case will require some amount of organization in order for it to be effective. A single complaint about an unfulfilled $10 order isn't going to get much traction. A complaint on behalf of all, most or some of the people who ordered is a lot more likely to. As a reference, the faction thing involved ~$3500 of orders. I have no idea to tell how many people ordered from these guys, but given that they have 1900 twitter followers and 3800 facebook likes, it stands to reason that it could involve significantly more money.

As I said, I'm happy to take the lead on communicating with the Consumer Protection Division in California, and the California state bar association (if it comes to that). I just don't think I'm in the best position to solicit and collect the information that we need to make this worthwhile.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm sure we can help you find places to post/spread the word/hit the right people. You could become the NIN community's resident bullshit-buster!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleywwu View Post
    I think that taking action in this case will require some amount of organization in order for it to be effective. A single complaint about an unfulfilled $10 order isn't going to get much traction. A complaint on behalf of all, most or some of the people who ordered is a lot more likely to. As a reference, the faction thing involved ~$3500 of orders. I have no idea to tell how many people ordered from these guys, but given that they have 1900 twitter followers and 3800 facebook likes, it stands to reason that it could involve significantly more money.

As I said, I'm happy to take the lead on communicating with the Consumer Protection Division in California, and the California state bar association (if it comes to that). I just don't think I'm in the best position to solicit and collect the information that we need to make this worthwhile.
    ll

You've got my full support! Let me know what info is needed and I'll update the first post in this thread

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    just rename the thread "LOL SCAM"

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    just rename the thread "LOL SCAM"
    Personally, I would rename it "Tapeworm 2" as a nod to that other somewhat NIN related unfinished project (that wasn't a scam though but which is still a hot topic after a decade) but to each his/her own.

As I said before in this thread, those of you who have paid for this definitely need to take some sort of action at this point. Maybe, as individual, you think that "$10 isn't worth the effort" but consider how many people did send money. Someone, somewhere is laughing all the way to the bank...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    difference is... nobody paid for tapeworm

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    You're right, of course; the fans didn't pay for Tapeworm. It just that sometimes, it feels like Reznor himself is still paying for it.

But I digress. Bottom line: get organized and get back your monies folks!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    wait so... reznor got screwed? okay.

get organized and get your money back.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I can try to help, too. I'm not too legally-inclined, but even if it's something as simple as just giving my information, I'm down. I never care that they took my money and ran with it, since it was just a one-off thing, but whenever the project comes across my mind I can't help but think of everyone else that paid and got shafted. It's ridiculous. That's not right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I really hope it doesn't come to needing legal action. Surely the key players pop their heads in this thread every now and then right? If so, this should be the reality check that gets them off their asses and working towards refunding everyone. It'd be so much simpler than having to deal with shit later.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Frankly, they've had several reality checks. If the money doesn't get returned, notifying the authorities is the next step. It's pretty clear that complaining directly and indirectly to the guy who took your money is having no effect on your paypal/bank account.

If you read tech news aggregators, you likely see stories every now and then about Paypal freezing some startup's account, and they scream bloody murder, and it comes out that said startup was taking preorders, and that's against Paypal's Terms of Service, and that's why their account got frozen.

This is exactly why that happens.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Kill em all. let God sort it out.

i just felt like saying that.