2013.11.21 - Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena

vancouver.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    @Ryan unfortunately they have the curtain up but here's my thumb:

http://i.imgur.com/qL93ApE.jpg

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    After a minor bout with food poisoning for the last two days, I strolled in at #794 and just chilled at the mixing desk. I'm not sure what the capacity of this arena is, but they didn't sell the upper tier of the arena and it seemed like the front screen was compressed to accommodate a shorter width. The sound was excellent and I enjoyed the crowd for the most part. It still irks me when folks hold their fucking phone up for an extended duration, but I suppose that's the new gripe if you're not on the barricade.

Anyhow, I'm glad that they played "All The Love In The World" again. It's a great jam that I don't think I'll ever get tired of. One more show and then it's back to normal life outside of a suitcase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listen to Trent Reznor interviewed by Todd Hancock on Vancouver's 99.3 The Fox (14 mins).

http://www.cfox.com/todd-hancock/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ibanez wouldn't even come over to say hi, what a diva.

The show was pretty damn good! Was pleasantly surprised with how many Fragile songs made it in, Somewhat Damaged, The Frail/The Wretched...but my favorite (and favorite Fragile song ever) made it in!

The Big Come Down.

I can die happy.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Hey, man, I had a good spot! I would've come over after Hurt but I figured you would be gone by then. Ran into Fixer on my way out though!

Setlist:

Copy of A
    Terrible Lie
    March Of The Pigs
    Piggy
    All Time Low
    Disappointed
    Came Back Haunted
    Find My Way
    Various Methods of Escape
    Sanctified
    The Frail
    The Wretched
    The Big Come Down
    Survivalism
    Running
    A Warm Place
    Somewhat Damaged
    The Hand That Feeds
    Head Like A Hole
    All The Love In The World
    Even Deeper
    While I'm Still Here
    Hurt
    Last edited by ibanez33; 11-22-2013 at 02:11 AM. Reason: setlist

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Good show for the most part. Had a rail position with my girlfriend and friends right in front of Josh. Was a great spot. The pit was so ridiculiously tame though, wow. Shows sure have mellowed out since I was a teenager, but then again, I guess a band like NIN has an aging crowd as well, haha.

My girlfriend passed out/ blacked out during Various Methods of Escape though and had to be pulled out of the pit to get attended to by the medical people, I jumped out to make sure she was ok. They brought us into a back room where she had to fill out a medical form and stuff. Missed half the show, but I didn't mind, this was my 3rd show on the tour and the setlist is starting to get pretty predictable. Just glad she is ok and nothing serious. Probably just a combination of the lights, how hot it was at the front, having a few beers and waking up at 6am for work altogether made her pass out.

Also, got 1 more show in Seattle tomorrow so, I certainly didn't mind missing a few songs.

Trent seemed to be in a good mood, he didn't really talk though, aside from the usual intorduce the band bit. Was nice to hear "All the love in the world" again.
    Kinda funny thing while we're on that topic, I was wearing my [With_Teeth] Longsleeve thermal shirt where all it says is [With_Teeth] on the front, and at the end of the concert, when the house lights came on, this girl walked passed me and said "With Teeth, it's just too bad they didn't play any good songs of that album tonight" - WHAT! What the fuck is she talking about, All the love in the world isn't a good song?? Good god, the song only started to get play what, 2 weeks ago?? What song did she want instead, Only?

Well, I guess it's time for bed. Wake up early tomorrow morning, get ready to go to Seattle and buy Pemberton festival tickets before we go.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Good show for the most part. Had a rail position with my girlfriend and friends right in front of Josh. Was a great spot. The pit was so ridiculiously tame though, wow. Shows sure have mellowed out since I was a teenager, but then again, I guess a band like NIN has an aging crowd as well, haha.
    I was on the rail directly in front of Robin and I thought it was going to get way more rowdy but there wasn't might movement at all other than right in front of Trent. You're definitely right about the aging crowd though, other than a few kids off further to my right everyone around me seemed to be in their 30s or even 40s.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    My girlfriend passed out/ blacked out during Various Methods of Escape though and had to be pulled out of the pit to get attended to by the medical people, I jumped out to make sure she was ok. They brought us into a back room where she had to fill out a medical form and stuff. Missed half the show, but I didn't mind, this was my 3rd show on the tour and the setlist is starting to get pretty predictable. Just glad she is ok and nothing serious. Probably just a combination of the lights, how hot it was at the front, having a few beers and waking up at 6am for work altogether made her pass out.
    That was your GF?? I was in 107, row 3, near the stairs and saw the commotion. "Woah, that chick is DRUNK! Oh, shit, no, she's fainting. Damn, hope she's alright..."

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    And holy shit, I loved that. Victoria LITS show was better, but not by much. Various Methods of Escape and Somewhat Damaged were the highlights for me!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Here's a video I took of The Big Come Down...sorry, iPhone quality. I usually don't spend entire concerts taking pictures and vids so this was one of two vids I took and I think I got maybe like 4 pictures haha.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So many phenomenal memories of my first NIN show...and one shitty one.

The arrival of the band on-stage is a really cool moment with the curtain drop. And it only just gets more and more amazing from there. Copy of A is tremendous live. It's a favourite from the album and even better in concert.

Terrible Lie had a bit of destructive Trent at the end. Always good to see him smashing stuff apart just for the fuck of it. Oh yeah, THE BIG COMEDOWN! Awesome.

Nearly in tears during A Warm Place. Absolutely incredible. The juxtaposition of that song with Somewhat Damaged gives you the full range of NIN emotion in an 8-minute span.

Lisa and Sharlotte are nothing short of amazing. I'm somewhat familiar with Lisa through her touring with the Stones, but these two bring an incredible element to the NIN live performance. Even Deeper and While I'm Still Here are their moments to shine, and wow do they.

So many things rolling through my head. How to capture something you've waited 14 years to experience in short bursts of words? LOL

Head Like a Hole is such a phenom live. So much extra oomph.

Pino Palladino - he doesn't move much and somehow that bothers some people, but wow can he play.

Robin Finck. I was in front of Robin, second person deep in the pit. He's fantastic. Other than Trent himself, who else is so readily identifiable with NIN? And with good reason.

The one rage-inducing moment of the night: the insanely drunk guy who somehow worked his way up near the rail during Hurt. Who proceeded to yell off-key and the wrong words throughout it. Who yelled at us wondering why we don't know the words. Who yelled Johnny Cash's name three times. Who earned my wrath, and a full-on turn-around "STFU!" I'm generally a reserved person who doesn't get angry and express it very often, but wow this guy was on the verge of getting punched. At least three people gave me the pat on the back/"thank you!" comment after I yelled at him. Fuck, I would have died if this buffoon had his voice carry enough that Trent shut it down during an amazing performance of Hurt.

What an incredible night. Cheers to all who were there. Fantastic to share that with you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I was on the right side of the stage, it was super interesting to be there…I felt as if I was backstage! I was literally second row, last seat of the section. So I got to see the inner workings of the show. Some details I caught yesterday:
    -Trent has his own personal booth, his chamber of solitude (if you will) that he goes to during A Warm Place and during the encore. The booth is covered by a curtain which the bodyguard closes. The rest of the band goes somewhere else. I thought it was interesting.
    -Interesting to see Trent rock a super nice scarf for the encore.
    -Robin is such a weird dude (in a good way), he kept making faces and dancing weirdly during songs. He basically does nothing during Disappointed except for that stringed instrument he plays at the end. For part songs in which he would not play, he'd go to the back of the stage and then come back running quickly. One song, he came back running to his mic when the lights briefly went down.
    -Lisa and Sharlotte were GETTING DOWN and dancing super sexy (like, reggaeton sexy) during Came Back Haunted and the Big Come Down. Holy cow. I bet 90% of the NIN fan base can't dance like them. Those hip movements, good Lord! The singing during The Frail/The Wretched, Even Deeper, While I'm Still Here/Black Noise: PHENOMENAL. I've said this before: I think their mic is too low for some of the songs. I think they were underutilized/too low in songs like Various Methods of Escape.
    -Alessandro is super busy back there! Didn't know he played guitars during Somewhat Damaged.
    -I got to hear Sanctified and All the Love in the World. I think I can die in peace.
    -With that being said, I think Josh's bassline for Sanctified is a lot sexier than Pino's. I could see the Festival version of Sanctified (with a meatier bassline) being played in a stripclub easily.

Last edited by cahernandez; 11-22-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    More photos:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    My second time seeing them in this tour. I saw them in Toronto and for some reason I didn't get that into the concert, I had a floor ticket but somehow the show didn't grab me enough…but this one…holy hell. I thought I was not going to get into because of being right next to the stage, and that the sound was going to be bad but instead it was crystal clear and LOUD, so I was really rocking hard. Today my head hurts from all the head banging. Here are some more photos, couple of shots of people in the rail, maybe some of you will recognize yourselves here?

Disappointed

Head Like A Hole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My two vids from last night =)

Somewhat Damaged

While I'm Still Here

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post

Head Like A Hole
    OH HEY ibanez33! (Light blue hoodie to the right!)
    Last edited by Fixer808; 11-22-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    What a show! Second time seeing them. I thought the lights for LITS was better but I liked the band and setlist better for Tension. Glad to get Sanctified, VMoE, Somewhat Damaged . Pino's bass ads so much to songs like MoTP and Survivelism. The audience was great, everyone was standing the whole show. Only down side was drunk couple behind me who had a argument about the last beer during the Frail and then proceeded to spill the beer on my group's jackets. They also kept talking during Find My Way and Disappointed. Glad they shut the fuck up for A Warm Place. Anyone notice during Disappointed Trent messed up the lyrics? Instead of singing, "Think by now you'd figure out" he sung "Think by now you'd realize"?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Hey, I'm in pictures!

Trent flubbed a line in MOTP tonight, too:
    i wanna smash it up
    i wanna fuck it up
    i wanna fuck it up
    i wanna watch it go down

but it wouldn't be a NIN show without a lyric fuck-up :P

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    -Trent has his own personal booth, his chamber of solitude (if you will) that he goes to during A Warm Place and during the encore. The booth is covered by a curtain which the bodyguard closes. The rest of the band goes somewhere else. I thought it was interesting.

Probably goes to change shirts. Doubt he wants some creepy fan to snap a pic of him changing.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Or doesn't want the fans taking pics of the corset that holds in his new dad-gut.

*edit*
    @RGM81 - I didn't hear that specific guy yelling during Hurt, but I heard you yell "SHUT THE FUCK UP" and him and IMMEDIATELY afterwards everybody stopped talking, that was amazing! I was right in front of Robin for the show as well, you must have been just behind me. I was on the Rail in the light green-ish blue-ish hoody. This may be a very random question, but is your name Tyler? I saw a guy right behind me from the town I used to live in but don't know him well so I didn't say "hi" or anything hahaha
    Last edited by ibanez33; 11-24-2013 at 05:21 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great show... wish I had my camera with me instead of my damn phone... could've gotten some better shots... now to sift through the mess and see if anything actually came out okay

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Or doesn't want the fans taking pics of the corset that holds in his new dad-gut.

*edit*
    @RGM81 - I didn't hear that specific guy yelling during Hurt, but I heard you yell "SHUT THE FUCK UP" and him and IMMEDIATELY afterwards everybody stopped talking, that was amazing! I was right in front of Robin for the show as well, you must have been just behind me. I was on the Rail in the light green-ish blue-ish hoody. This may be a very random question, but is your name Tyler? I saw a guy right behind me from the town I used to live in but don't know him well so I didn't say "hi" or anything hahaha
    LOL It carried a little did it? I was there with my sister, we were standing behind another couple - the young lady had a blue jacket and the guy had a red/blue sweater on. You were probably a bit to my right I'm guessing. I can see you in the pic above and there's a set of crossed arms over the rail just a bit down from you. That's where I was.
    What a show!

Oh, and no I'm not a Tyler. LOL

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Anyone know if there was a bootleg of the show? RITC doesn't have one but they could just be taking a while to put it up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Really hoping that a recording surfaces but I haven't seen anything on Dime or RITC yet.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    http://reflectinginthechrome.com/sho.../20131121.html

Recording of the show here, haven't heard it yet.