Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2014.05.18 - Birmingham, UK @ LG Arena

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2014.05.18 - Birmingham, UK @ LG Arena

Brum Brum Brum Brum

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm going to see QOTSA in this arena tomorrow, so send any questions you have now so I can do a location scout!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Attending and stuff.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just organised an academic conference for a bunch of toffs in Birmingham, so hopefully I am well prepared...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just wanna spell this out for everyone
    The LG Arena is the NEC - it's on the outskirts of Birmingham.
    *It is not* the NIA, which is in Birmingham.
    Guess which idiot took his friends to the NEC for Queens?

Hotels, trains, even planes are wonderfully accessible from the NEC. Rad.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't know if I love or hate that it's not in the city.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

See you there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yay - I'm in

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just booked hotel & coaches for this. National Express to B'ham and Premier Inn next to the NEC. Pretty good rates. Get in there quick

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yep got my tickets!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    In 2 weeks I'll be getting the train to this show - can't wait!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Big gang of us from Tamworth going - can't bloody wait. Been too long!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a spare standing ticket for the gig. Would rather it go to a fan than a tout. Leave a post on here if you're interested. Willing to negotiate on price, not looking to rip anyone off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where would a hardcore NIN'er be likely to grab a drink with likeminded Trentheads pre-gig?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Where is there in the area that's reasonable walking distance? Looking at the maps I can't work out how far anything is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Infact I've seen there's a big whetherspoons inside the NEC. I'll just prop the bar up wearing my most NIN-festooned jacket and hope for the best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not that focused on getting a spot at the rail cause I want to take the whole performances in so was thinking of heading down a little later than they suggest.

This is probably a stupid question but if you have tickets through NIN.com I'm guessing you can pick up tickets at any time not just within the timetable they have sent in the e-mail?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Stafford View Post
    Infact I've seen there's a big whetherspoons inside the NEC. I'll just prop the bar up wearing my most NIN-festooned jacket and hope for the best
    Its not that big

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Stafford View Post
    Infact I've seen there's a big wetherspoons inside the NEC. I'll just prop the bar up wearing my most NIN-festooned jacket and hope for the best

Oh god. Yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fwyk_ View Post
    I'm not that focused on getting a spot at the rail cause I want to take the whole performances in so was thinking of heading down a little later than they suggest.

This is probably a stupid question but if you have tickets through NIN.com I'm guessing you can pick up tickets at any time not just within the timetable they have sent in the e-mail?
    I've got an A4 printout starting "THANK YOU. YOUR ORDER IS COMPLETE!" that I'm going to show at the door. Fingers crossed that's all I need, that's how I understood the message anyway. Hadn't really planned ahead, haha I've been too focused on trying to find somewhere to get a drink and chat to NIN fans beforehand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I'm just going to turn up in my own time. I got them through NIN.com but always prefer a fairly wider view of the stage rather than the rail. First NIN show! The majority of my friends have totally different taste in music so I'm going it alone! Any one got any hopes set list wise?
    Last edited by fwyk_; 05-17-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Heading down to Birmingham tonight, will get there early tomorrow morning. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any one got any hopes set list wise?
    If Sanctified still has that Sunspots drone in the outtro that they worked into the US leg in the then I'll be happy. Or SATELLITE would be really fun actually, given the new funk treatment a'la All Time Low that outtro could be a cool slow ride. Last time I saw them in the UK, not including bloody Reading Festival, I nearly exploded because The Becoming came on and I really wasn't expecting it. But I'm not sure I'd even care to hear that track anymore. At least in the versions of itself I know of, but Trent being Trent I'm sure he could re-invent it and make this 24 year old hipster fall in love again with that dischordant twitchy piano-line. OR Into The Void / La Mer. Fuck it I'll be happy with anything that isn't from PHM. Controversial but I'll literally listen to NIN every day, at least 50% of everything I listen to is NIN, but I never listen to that album for some reason. Before my time I guess. This is a long post.
    Last edited by Mark_Stafford; 05-17-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The set list posted from Berlin the other night was pretty great I'd love something close to that. Obviously it's pretty much a certainty it won't be included but I agree about Le Mer/Into The Void. 1,000,000 would be great also. Really looking forward to All Time Low fingers crossed!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I would of loved Satellite but will take All Time Low and Various Methods of Escape. Actually I will take anything since last time I saw them was 2007!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I'm just going to turn up in my own time. I got them through NIN.com but always prefer a fairly wider view of the stage rather than the rail. First NIN show! The majority of my friends have totally different taste in music so I'm going it alone! Any one got any hopes set list wise?
    I would bloody LOVE Happiness In Slavery but I know there's more chance of Trent performing in a tutu.

Somewhat Damaged is always a terrific opener, really storming so I'll be hoping that they open with either that or Copy of A. Not too keen on the idea of Me, I'm Not as the first song..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    See you all tonight. I think I'm gonna wear my Queens tee with a tiger on the back so if you see me say hi!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fucking pumped as all hell!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just bought a ticket on a whim. V excited. Anyone know of cheap parking near venue that's not NCP?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    In Birmingham now might chill by lake before going in later