Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 541 to 570 of 578

Thread: Aphex Twin

  1. #541
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    The exact same thing happened to me. After I got that message, I refreshed once, and they were sold out.
    It was a doomed mission. The saddest thing is, if these are still "only" 250 bucks when I get paid next, I will probably buy a single for that price.

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    i seem to go on an Aphex Twin binge once every year, on this years binge this one, really stands out. sounds like the aftermath of a devastating battle on the eastern front in ww2.


  3. #543
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,597
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    ^ I'm still pissed off that Sire Records deleted that track from the North American CD release. Glad they reinstated this one (#19 aka "Stone in Focus") for the digital reissue, it's also quite awesome:


  4. #544
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    2,156
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)


    0:00:00-0:00:59 intro ambient/efx
    0:00:59-0:04:58 [Unreleased AFX, Brooklyn trk2 different drums, bit more lively]
    0:04:58-0:07:15 [Unreleased AFX, Turin trk3 alt mix]
    0:07:15-0:09:07 [Unreleased AFX, Coachella trk 1 (ambient)]
    0:09:07-0:10:37 [Unreleased AFX, Turin trk4 alt mix]
    0:10:37-0:13:22 [Unreleased AFX, Turin trk1 alt mix]
    0:13:22-0:17:50 [Unreleased AFX, Brooklyn trk3]
    0:17:55-0:21:25 [post-afx opener ???]
    0:20:47-0:22:53 [glitch ???]
    0:22:40-0:24:26 Gold Elanor - 000(WETT)
    0:23:49-0:25:48 Ivvvo - Forever Your Mouth
    0:25:44-0:28:28 ["bell melod ???", played at avant gardner, brooklyn]
    0:28:00-0:31:48 ["heavy acid ???", played at avant gardner, brooklyn]
    0:31:28-0:35:37 Aleksi Perälä - UK74R1721031
    0:34:43-0:39:14 [Unreleased AQXDM, played at avant gardner, brooklyn]
    0:36:30-0:41:01 Aphex Twin - Blue Calx
    0:40:06-0:43:00 Darqwan - Taiwan Ink
    0:42:14-0:44:17 [manic ???]
    0:43:44-0:45:53 C Mantle - Furies
    0:44:49-0:47:50 [Unreleased AQXDM]
    0:46:54-0:49:21 Christoph De Babalon - Dead (too)
    0:49:09-0:51:53 Fozbee & Cooz - Free Your Mind
    0:51:19-0:53:42 ["metal perc ???" played at avant gardner, brooklyn]
    0:53:00-0:57:23 Aphex Twin - Isopropanol
    0:54:32-0:55:18 ["metal perc ???" played at avant gardner, brooklyn]
    0:57:08-1:01:08 AFX - W32.Deacode.A (live mix)
    1:00:50-1:04:46 AFX - Lisbon Acid
    1:04:32-1:07:11 [sample dnb ???]
    1:06:04-1:09:42 Patrick DSP - Runaway Pain
    1:09:15-1:11:15 Krolik - Higher Ritual
    1:10:33-1:13:26 [intense highhat ???]
    1:12:25-1:15:26 Aphex Twin - Untitled "Grass"
    1:13:27-1:15:45 [on top of grass ???]
    1:15:37-1:16:55 Darq E Freaker - Rhythm & Slag
    1:16:41-1:18:59 [Unreleased AFX, Coachella trk2]
    1:18:36-1:20:50 ["crying, bass ???" played at avant gardner, brooklyn]
    1:20:43-1:23:03 Burial - Temple Sleeper
    1:22:02-1:26:08 The Subjects - Dark Matter
    1:24:45-1:28:54 [acid ???]
    1:28:20-1:32:20 [dance MFer ???]
    1:31:44-1:35:18 [hardcore ???]
    1:34:48-1:37:11 [hardcore2 ???]
    1:36:15-END Live Modular Noise

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,026
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    looks awesome!

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    2,134
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I love how even the most expert fan track list write up of an aphex twin gig is full of ???s

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    2,156
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I love how even the most expert fan track list write up of an aphex twin gig is full of ???s
    Give it time, we're getting there!

    0:00:00-0:00:59 intro ambient/efx
    0:00:59-0:04:58 [Unreleased AFX, Brooklyn trk2 different drums, bit more lively]
    0:04:58-0:07:15 [Unreleased AFX, Turin trk3 alt mix]
    0:07:15-0:09:07 [Unreleased AFX, Coachella trk 1 (ambient)]
    0:09:07-0:10:37 [Unreleased AFX, Turin trk4 alt mix]
    0:10:37-0:13:22 [Unreleased AFX, Turin trk1 alt mix]
    0:13:22-0:17:50 [Unreleased AFX, Brooklyn trk3]
    0:17:55-0:21:25 Jensen Interceptor & Assembler Code - Drum Rack
    0:20:47-0:22:53 [glitch ???]
    0:22:40-0:24:26 Gold Elanor - 000(WETT)
    0:23:49-0:25:48 Ivvvo - Forever Your Mouth
    0:25:44-0:28:28 Deevon - Bion (Lithe Remix)
    0:28:00-0:31:48 Martyn Hare - Pox
    0:31:28-0:35:37 Aleksi Perälä - UK74R1721031
    0:34:43-0:39:14 [Unreleased AQXDM, played at avant gardner, brooklyn]
    0:36:30-0:41:01 Aphex Twin - Blue Calx
    0:40:06-0:43:00 Darqwan - Taiwan Ink
    0:42:14-0:44:17 [manic ???]
    0:43:44-0:45:53 C Mantle - Furies
    0:44:49-0:47:50 [Unreleased AQXDM]
    0:46:54-0:49:21 Christoph De Babalon - Dead (too)
    0:49:09-0:51:53 Fozbee & Cooz - Free Your Mind
    0:51:19-0:53:42 ["metal perc ???" played at avant gardner, brooklyn]
    0:53:00-0:57:23 Aphex Twin - Isopropanol
    0:54:32-0:55:18 ["metal perc ???" played at avant gardner, brooklyn]
    0:57:08-1:01:08 AFX - W32.Deacode.A (live mix)
    1:00:50-1:04:46 AFX - Lisbon Acid
    1:04:32-1:07:11 [sample dnb ???]
    1:06:04-1:09:42 Patrick DSP - Runaway Pain
    1:09:15-1:11:15 Krolik - Higher Ritual
    1:10:33-1:13:26 Ueno Masaaki - Bound State
    1:12:25-1:15:26 Aphex Twin - Untitled "Grass"
    1:13:27-1:15:45 [on top of grass ???]
    1:15:37-1:16:55 Darq E Freaker - Rhythm & Slag
    1:16:41-1:18:59 [Unreleased AFX, Coachella trk2]
    1:18:36-1:20:50 ["crying, bass ???" played at avant gardner, brooklyn]
    1:20:43-1:23:03 Burial - Temple Sleeper
    1:22:02-1:26:08 The Subjects - Dark Matter
    1:24:45-1:28:54 [acid ???]
    1:28:20-1:32:20 [dance MFer ???]
    1:31:44-1:35:18 [hardcore ???]
    1:34:48-1:37:11 [hardcore2 ???]
    1:36:15-END Live Modular Noise

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The Stuff Nightmares are made of !!!!! That crying track is insane !!!!

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,446
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    God I fucking love Collapse... just incredible.

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    663
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Aphex Twin on the Rephlex Years
    https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/3509

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,597
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    Aphex Twin on the Rephlex Years
    https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/3509
    Thanks for posting. Really want to see those early VHS videos now from the Cornwall crew...

  13. #553
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    663
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Aphex streaming live in London at 10pm GMT (UK) -

  14. #554
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    663
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^^ Here is a quickie mp3 captured on Audacity, till something better comes along(?) - https://we.tl/t-QpiePQvB5B (link valid for 7 days)

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    2,156
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    ^^ Here is a quickie mp3 captured on Audacity, till something better comes along(?) - https://we.tl/t-QpiePQvB5B (link valid for 7 days)
    Here's the .aac demuxed (138.47 MB) from a .ts capture of the Red Bull TV stream (6.09 GB):

    https://mega.nz/#F!zmxj1aCQ!-mTuOQ7nkmEYWRukWnniwQ

    Also included is cover art / an advert (1080x1080) for the Red Bull Music Festival 2019 - London event.

    EDIT: demux done with tsMuxeR

    ------------------------------------------------------------

    Since the .aac file was extracted raw, simply changing the extension to .m4a results in a corrupted audio file in this case. I used FFmpeg to copy the audio from .aac to .m4a (137.5 MB - no audio quality loss):

    https://mega.nz/#!quhiXQia!90tednS3V...PRJ6GSe1KrcBHE
    Last edited by Jon; 09-15-2019 at 01:40 AM. Reason: added .m4a

  16. #556
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    663
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^^ Thank you @Jon , appreciated.

  17. #557
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,273
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

  18. #558
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Awesome set! Ughhh I want another Aphex full length! Syro is one of my favorite records this decade.

  19. #559
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,709
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Awesome set! Ughhh I want another Aphex full length! Syro is one of my favorite records this decade.
    You mean the multiple releases over the last few years, bonus tracks being added to previous releases, and the 150+ track Soundcloud dump wasn't enough?

  20. #560
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    You mean the multiple releases over the last few years, bonus tracks being added to previous releases, and the 150+ track Soundcloud dump wasn't enough?

    lol you got me! I love all of that stuff but I want another long form, focused effort.

  21. #561
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,709
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    lol you got me! I love all of that stuff but I want another long form, focused effort.
    So do I

    Hey, anyone know who was on stage with Aphex Twin during the performance? There were 2 people. I'm surprised no one is talking about this.

    I found a Reddit post about hosting performance at Ceremonia and people saying there was a woman on stage with him. Someone said it was his wife. She actually fiddles with modular gear? It does look like a woman at the London show and she is playing with modular gear.
    Last edited by neorev; 09-16-2019 at 05:19 PM.

  22. #562
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    2,156
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    So do I

    Hey, anyone know who was on stage with Aphex Twin during the performance? There were 2 people. I'm surprised no one is talking about this.

    I found a Reddit post about hosting performance at Ceremonia and people saying there was a woman on stage with him. Someone said it was his wife. She actually fiddles with modular gear? It does look like a woman at the London show and she is playing with modular gear.
    That'd be Anastasia Rybina (his wife):


  23. #563
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I posted this on reddit but does anyone feel weird seeing real pictures of Richard? His face is so iconic that when I see actual photos of him all I can imagine is a person with a mask on.

  24. #564
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    2,156
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    I hope this doesn't think I'm a bot...



    https://aphextwin.warp.net/26-12-19

    All physical merchandise, with the exception of the tote bag, sold out within hours. However, there are 8 new digital tracks:

    https://aphextwin.warp.net/release/1...win-manchester
    https://aphextwin.warp.net/release/1...ex-twin-london

    I went ahead and captured the (best) audio streams from the YouTube video above. The video+audio is just shy of 3 GB, so I didn't upload that. The audio is available as m4a (128 kbps @ 44.1 kHz) and ogg (160 kbps @ 48 kHz, encapsulated in .webm):

    https://mega.nz/#F!WqxgCChL!SNfIMO9rF3_Pluqh1ErPDA

  25. #565
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,597
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I bought the new EPs, but it turns out I had most of the tracks already on the Orphaned Deejay Selek reissue download bonus tracks, and the Soundcloud dump (but some of it in lossless for the first time, which is nice to have).

  26. #566
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    2,156
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I bought the new EPs, but it turns out I had most of the tracks already on the Orphaned Deejay Selek reissue download bonus tracks, and the Soundcloud dump (but some of it in lossless for the first time, which is nice to have).
    I think all 8 of the tracks have had a release at some point, either through the mediums you mentioned or vinyl-only ("Soundlab20").

  27. #567
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,749
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Radiator (Original Mix) feels both great and terrible to me. On the one hand, Radiator is my fave song off of SAW2 and I can never have enough renditions of it, let alone a beat-driven one. However, I feel the beats are ruining the timelessness from the song, and make it sound like a SAW1 outtake. Was this made before or after the SAW2 version?

  28. #568
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,597
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Radiator (Original Mix) feels both great and terrible to me. On the one hand, Radiator is my fave song off of SAW2 and I can never have enough renditions of it, let alone a beat-driven one. However, I feel the beats are ruining the timelessness from the song, and make it sound like a SAW1 outtake. Was this made before or after the SAW2 version?
    Hmmm, I've always dug that there are two different interpretations. I heard the SAW2 version first and then the Peel session soon after it started circulating on Napster circa 2001, ever since they've both seemed complementary for me. Not sure what happened in terms of chronology but I could definitely see James having initially composed it with the beat (kinda sounds like Donkey Rhubarb or ...I Care early 90s pre-SAW2 equipment, to my ears) and then mixing the beat out for the SAW2 album later.
    Last edited by botley; 02-03-2020 at 03:34 PM.

  29. #569
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    2,156
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Radiator (Original Mix) feels both great and terrible to me. On the one hand, Radiator is my fave song off of SAW2 and I can never have enough renditions of it, let alone a beat-driven one. However, I feel the beats are ruining the timelessness from the song, and make it sound like a SAW1 outtake. Was this made before or after the SAW2 version?
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Hmmm, I've always dug that there are two different interpretations. I heard the SAW2 version first and then the Peel session soon after it started circulating on Napster circa 2001, ever since they've both seemed complementary for me. Not sure what happened in terms of chronology but I could definitely see James having initially composed it with the beat (kinda sounds like Donkey Rhubarb or ...I Care early 90s pre-SAW2 equipment, to my ears) and then mixing the beat out for the SAW2 album later.
    Yep, I don't think there's any ambiguity in the "Original Mix" suffix here. Here's the description from the WARP site...

    Changing the sacrosanct tradition of recording BBC Maida Vale sessions live at their studio, Aphex Twin sent his session on a DAT through the post. One of only two radio sessions ever recorded by Aphex Twin, this Peel session comprised of all original material at the time.
    ...and "Pancake Lizard" is originally from this session, which is on Donkey Rhubarb. I'd say botley's estimation is spot-on.

  30. #570
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,749
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Thanks for confirming it guys. It's just like The Fragile: imagine how dated it would feel if Trent had kept the drum-and-bass stuff heard in Deviations 1. TPD doesn't count, as it's too brilliant to call "Trent's DnB track" (no, I'm not going to talk about the TPD remix album, noooo).

    Anyway, back to RDJ. Re-listened to Collapse EP today. It's so good.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions