Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Aphex Twin

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That account is fake
    Richard switched his name/url for a brief moment, then somebody stole it while it was changed
    and now the account he changed to has been deleted

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    just figured I'd mention, some of the tracks he uploaded that weren't available to download are now available to download.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Thanks for organizing all this, @Jon - I'm stupid busy right now, and I keep worrying that I'm going to miss something. It's good to know there's a fallback

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    More tracks today
    and someone in the comments for one of the songs asked for some Drukqs material. Richard responded saying that he's not even close to reaching that era. This is fucking awesome.
    For the love of holy disco fuck balls...

O_O

edit: also, huge thanks to @Jon
    Last edited by Magtig; 05-15-2015 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Just catching up on all the new tracks. 10 Inthesky is just.. transcendent. My god.

https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/10-inthesky

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Is there a wiki page somewhere or a website stating everything about all the tracks and the correct titles etc, like we did for the Year Zero ARG? A real comprehensive list of everything?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Is there a wiki page somewhere or a website stating everything about all the tracks and the correct titles etc, like we did for the Year Zero ARG? A real comprehensive list of everything?
    I'm not aware of a Wiki, but there is this Google doc.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Vote you slags!

(WATMM created, RDJ approved)

----------------------

I have no clue how/why, but I was contacted via e-mail to remove the links for the SoundCloud stuff, specifically SYROBONKERS! from my Google Drive. I realize most people were probably like, "Well, fuck you!" when I deleted my posts. I'm unsure what to do/link to at this point. I also really don't understand why I was singled out (or how for that matter).

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I haven't kept up with Aphex Twin for quite some time, but I also thought I'd like to come to here to state that Stone In Focus and Just Fall Asleep have become my latest favorite songs of his. I actually have most of his major releases, but also understand that some of his minor releases and songs are either very difficult or just impossible to find on CD, especially after I noticed that some of his songs don't even song titles, or haven't even been released on CD. I also still wonder about those hundreds of hours of unreleased music he has though. It really does sounds like an enormous tease if Aphex Twin actually said/thought/implied that they were far too excellent to be released too, that is, assuming that my memory hasn't also failed me either.

*Oh whoops. I seemed to have pointed that out before, but I certainly still stand by it.*

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 06-02-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I also still wonder about those hundreds of hours of unreleased music he has though.
    You should probably read through the posts in this thread from the last few months.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    @Kris are there more of this kind of melancholic stuff from Aphex Twin? I tried to get into this music multiple times, but I always got stuck on Avril 14th and find the rest of it isn't like that. I dig this a lot though

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    You should probably read through the posts in this thread from the last few months.
    Oh yes, it's really been quite a while. I was also reminded of some of the other things I've thought about that were put to rest when I lurked around the other pages again. And oh yes, and point absolutely taken. I suppose that's what I get for not bothering to poke around the previous pages prior to posting.

Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    @Kris are there more of this kind of melancholic stuff from Aphex Twin? I tried to get into this music multiple times, but I always got stuck on Avril 14th and find the rest of it isn't like that. I dig this a lot though
    I'm far from being an expert at the Aphex Twin discography, but I'd definitely recommend Selected Ambient Works Volume II for starters, and if you enjoyed that, I'd also recommend to throw in Selected Ambient Works 85-92 as well, but that's also a more catchy and faster Aphex Twin.

I'm also positively sure that @botley and @Jinsai would also be of great help to you on any questions and suggestions regarding the Aphex Twin discography as well.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 06-03-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

This is one of my favourite Aphex tracks, i like the fact it lacks any human emotion, unrelenting machine music, so so cold!!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I would recommend the song Nannou 2

And also compiled from the Soundcloud releases.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Organizing these files is a pain in the ass. I've been trying to tag them not only with Richard's comments, but with info from the Reddit spreadsheet, yet I'm not happy with the way I'm tagging them. At this point, I'm considering just downloading the spreadsheet instead of tagging the comments/info in the files.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Organizing these files is a pain in the ass. I've been trying to tag them not only with Richard's comments, but with info from the Reddit spreadsheet, yet I'm not happy with the way I'm tagging them. At this point, I'm considering just downloading the spreadsheet instead of tagging the comments/info in the files.
    @Jon has been doing a pretty good job. check his posts earlier in the thread.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    @Jon has been doing a pretty good job. check his posts earlier in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I have no clue how/why, but I was contacted via e-mail to remove the links for the SoundCloud stuff, specifically SYROBONKERS! from my Google Drive. I realize most people were probably like, "Well, fuck you!" when I deleted my posts. I'm unsure what to do/link to at this point. I also really don't understand why I was singled out (or how for that matter).
    Also, I think Jon didn't have any info from the spreadsheet tagged on the files. I've figured out of system though now. It's gonna be a while, but when I'm done, I'll be sure to share it.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Also, I think Jon didn't have any info from the spreadsheet tagged on the files. I've figured out of system though now. It's gonna be a while, but when I'm done, I'll be sure to share it.
    I have everything now; original filename, original title, original genre, original album, original artist, original comment, SoundCloud tag, SoundCloud description, SoundCloud title, and SoundCloud upload date all as separate tag fields.

I deleted everything again because Google Drive is shit, so I'm switching to MEGA. Drive keeps files cached for 30 days (or should)... My problem is I don't have a computer at the moment so it will be a week or two. I'm tired of dicking you guys/gals around with broken links though, so I want to do it proper.

I also have the complete track art comp. (81 + the user avatar), the 2 Mike P. "tweaks", and the original version of 35 SAW II un road shimmer with no fade.

EDIT: and the DJ Food mix, complete with all the artwork. I also have the complete artwork for SYROBONKERS!, including the deleted SoundCloud artwork, the embedded artwork, and all of the art from the NoyzeLab interview + the interview as a pdf. I'm still weary about sharing the music from SYROBONKERS!, but I have it all in the correct running order (as per the interview).
    Last edited by Jon; 06-21-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    RDJ responded today to a comment about wanting more tracks with:

"I think we reached as much as most fans can handle, so I wound it in"

My iPhone 4S can hold another 230, sir.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Here is the reworked/revamped "user" collection that I was talking about... (if you're not familiar with MEGA, you can right-click any folder and select, "Download as ZIP")

=============================
    INFO

• The following fields were created to back-up original tags and/or add SoundCloud information:

• The filenames reflect the source file that I used for the collection, with the extra bits being at the beginning of each file (seperated by "--")

• All information was backed up, including deleted information where applicable (mainly "AFXTITLESOUNDCLOUD"). All of this is presented in descending chronological order, with the most recent being the "current" entry. All deleted entries are clearly marked. I did not back up information for the 2 Mike P. tracks as I'm not certain I have the originals.

• I've included the DJ Food mix, the 2 Mike P. tweaks, the original version of 35 SAW II Un Road Shimmer, and the Diskhat mix from the richarddjames SoundCloud.

• I found my original PNG's from before the username was switched/the account became Unlimited Pro. The 9 of them where downloaded on January 26th, 2015.

• Instead of embedding all of the art, I chose the best one for each track. Essentially, it's v1 for everything except "Afx origTheme", "Original Chaos Riff", and "20 Pink Floyd [1989] (v2).

• I've included some useful fan art (may add more); the idea here is that everything is backed up so you can change the tags to fit your certain tagging scheme(s).

• Feel free to share around!

SAMPLES:

Filename Scheme
    Track Art
    DJ Food Mix
    FmsubBass
    foobar2000
    Last edited by Jon; 07-05-2015 at 09:21 PM. Reason: see latest post...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here is the reworked/revamped "user" collection that I was talking about... (if you're not familiar with MEGA, you can right-click any folder and select, "Download as ZIP")

INFO

• The following fields were created to back-up original tags and/or add SoundCloud information:

• The filenames reflect the source file that I used for the collection, with the extra bits being at the beginning of each file (seperated by "--")

• All information was backed up, including deleted information where applicable (mainly "AFXTITLESOUNDCLOUD"). All of this is presented in descending chronological order, with the most recent being the "current" entry. All deleted entries are clearly marked. I did not back up information for the 2 Mike P. tracks as I'm not certain I have the originals.

• I've included the DJ Food mix, the 2 Mike P. tweaks, the original version of 35 SAW II Un Road Shimmer, and the Diskhat mix from the richarddjames SoundCloud.

• I found my original PNG's from before the username was switched/the account became Unlimited Pro. The 9 of them where downloaded on January 26th, 2015.

• Instead of embedding all of the art, I chose the best one for each track. Essentially, it's v1 for everything except "Afx origTheme", "Original Chaos Riff", and "20 Pink Floyd [1989] (v2).

• I've included some useful fan art (may add more); the idea here is that everything is backed up so you can change the tags to fit your certain tagging scheme(s).

• Feel free to share around!

SAMPLES:

Filename Scheme
    Track Art
    DJ Food Mix
    FmsubBass
    foobar2000

Simply awesome. Been waiting for this!

Are you going to add files as new ones are released to soundcloud? e.g. this one yesterday...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barkhammer View Post
    Simply awesome. Been waiting for this!

Are you going to add files as new ones are released to soundcloud? e.g. this one yesterday...
    That's no longer RDJ's account, even if some of the tracks are legit. They are just repostings/renames/etc.

EDIT: and the idea is to get SYROBONKERS! all ready to go, post that, and then work on combining both into a "complete" SOUNDCLOUD! User Trax compilation. I'm caught up/done as far as the stuff linked above, though.
    Last edited by Jon; 07-01-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's no longer RDJ's account, even if some of the tracks are legit. They are just repostings/renames/etc.

EDIT: and the idea is to get SYROBONKERS! all ready to go, post that, and then work on combining both into a "complete" SOUNDCLOUD! User Trax compilation. I'm caught up/done as far as the stuff linked above, though.
    Cool - thanks for letting me/us know.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Why does megaupload have such a bad habit of freezing at 99%?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    (this should be it, folks...)

Here are the SYROBONKERS! Interview Trax in the correct running order, with interview and bonuses (see below)

=========================
    INFO
    =========================

Here are the tag fields that were added to back-up/add original tagging information:

• I did what I could as far as the SoundCloud information is concerned. I don't believe there were any descriptions, as those were in the downloaded comments/interview.

• The information backed-up is from the original downloads, before they were changed to how Rhubarb is now on the SoundCloud page. I did not back-up that additional set of information as most of it is redundant, and the Year/Composer/Track fields contain unique values in the originals (the revamped ones had most of the tagging streamlined with "Self-Released" or something to that effect added before every Comment).

• The embedded art for each track is the original embedded artwork. I only exported it, and then re-embedded with MP3tag because some of the original embedding was wonky.

• @FX-MATRIXT1 & @FX-MATRIXT7b both had 2 identical artwork files embedded in them; I kept the first one embedded for @FX-MATRIXT1 and the second for @FX-MATRIXT7.

• For the 5 tracks that did not have embedded artwork (4 streams + the Hiroshima track), I did the best I could with artwork from the "art_soundcloud" folder -- the first track (which is a stream) intentionally has the 1600x1600 foldface artwork from the interview.

• I ultimately decided to just include the Noyzelab interview as full webpages. I messed around with different formats (.doc, .docx, .pdf), but none of them were quite right.

• The black rectangles in the interviews are spaces where various YouTube videos were posted.

• I reversed (un-reversed?) Avril 14th Reversed Music Not Audio & Rhubarb Orc. 19.53 Rev. Audacity was not cooperating fully with the metadata or channel mapping, so I used dBpoweramp with the DSP effects, "Write Metadata File", "Preserve Source Attributes", and "Reverse"; in configuration, I had the "Remove ReplayGain" and "Update codec, blah blah blah" options unchecked.

• There were 2 short YouTube clips of AFX live performances in the interview that eventually got deleted; they are included in their own folder.

• Enjoy! I can't speak for every private torrent tracker, but this is by far the most complete version of the SYRBONKERS! Interview Trax content I've seen.
    Last edited by Jon; 07-06-2015 at 10:07 AM.