Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2013.11.08 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of the best tours out today. I'm very, very happy that they filmed the show. I can't wait to see the results. The visuals were amazing. I thought I was going to lose it during A Warm Place and The Big Comedown.

I did see Tony Hawk and his wife right before the show started. Negative highlights from the show: Some dumb broad yelling in my ear, right behind me each song after A Warm Place, "OMG I f**king love this song. OMG It's my song," It was super annoying. Then at the end, "OMG Why didn't they play "F**k you like an animal."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Big Comedown

Somewhat Damaged

Satellie

Last edited by suprefan; 11-09-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LenaMHJBKZ2 View Post
    Negative highlights from the show: Some dumb broad yelling in my ear, right behind me each song after A Warm Place, "OMG I f**king love this song. OMG It's my song," It was super annoying. Then at the end, "OMG Why didn't they play "F**k you like an animal."
    I had one in front of me complaining about the lack of "Closer" in the set.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, that was fun. I was surprised (and pleased) that the crowd wasn't a little pushier. The sounds and lights were perfect. This was my second of two shows this tour, the first being Atlanta. While the sets were nearly identical and there were several songs being played this tour that I'd like to have heard that I didn't, that hardly seemed to matter. I was very happy to hear "In This Twilight" and "In Two" sounds amaaaaazing live with the backup singers. It was just a great time, and I look forward to the eventual bluray release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My photos are up.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/drtran/sets/72157637470777046/

I would have shot some video, but between the security guy right in front of me and the camera on the track, it would have been futile.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Even Deeper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    Well, that was fun. I was surprised (and pleased) that the crowd wasn't a little pushier. The sounds and lights were perfect. This was my second of two shows this tour, the first being Atlanta. While the sets were nearly identical and there were several songs being played this tour that I'd like to have heard that I didn't, that hardly seemed to matter. I was very happy to hear "In This Twilight" and "In Two" sounds amaaaaazing live with the backup singers. It was just a great time, and I look forward to the eventual bluray release.
    is there any confirmation of a DVD / blu ray release of this show? I did notice studio cameras behind the crowd, and I saw Rob briefly film Trent's face during a song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpipe View Post
    is there any confirmation of a DVD / blu ray release of this show? I did notice studio cameras behind the crowd, and I saw Rob briefly film Trent's face during a song.
    Rob wasn't necessarily filming as far as I could tell, but rather running the real time effects that were projected on the rear screen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There was a camera on a track going back and forth up front. I saw a few camera men off to the sides and the crane was easy for everyone to see.

Rob was onstage filming during Satellite.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    In This Twilight

From the look of it at the moment, it was probably filmed for an AXS TV concert special, that will probably air sooner rather than later. Lots of discussion in the spoiler thread about it. But if it was going to be a commercial release, they wouldve had a lot more camera angles.
    Last edited by suprefan; 11-09-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I am trying to put together a live video for Terrible Lie just to show a client how easy final cut x is. if anyone has HD footage and audio from that, lemme know! of course I'll share with everyone when its finished!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    "A Warm Place" -> "Something Damaged" was ridiculous.

These 2 people were right next to me grooving like they were rolling ballz during "Running", and then fucking kept on talking during "A Warm Place". If that was you in row 3 section 111, you suck.

I thought I was sick of Wish after hearing it so many times....NOPE.

Definitely prefer Eustis version of Sancified vs Pino's version. But I aint really complaining.

Thought it was awesome that this was the "Tension" tour, with mostly tracks from Downward Spiral/Fragile/Hesitation Marks.
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 11-09-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There hasn't been any confirmation about anything for anything yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Omg how did no one else see that rob wasnt recording onstage? He was using the camera to create real time visual effects with close up images of the band members.

meanwhile, I read on the AXS TV Facebook page that those cameras were in fact not theirs. So who knows

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    There hasn't been any confirmation about anything for anything yet.

Yet is the new soon...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brklgrl8888 View Post
    Omg how did no one else see that rob wasnt recording onstage? He was using the camera to create real time visual effects with close up images of the band members.

meanwhile, I read on the AXS TV Facebook page that those cameras were in fact not theirs. So who knows
    pretty sure we all saw it.

//edit

hm, it's interesting given the lyrics of the song when you sit and think about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    amazing show,i cant believe how awesome the back up singers were. They really added a cool element to the songs, The Wretched was their best live. Their wailing during the chorus gave me chills, Ive been trying to find a video on you tube just so i can hear it again but cant seem to find one. I can say i was right in the lions den, dead center on the floor in the pit. There was a guy that was as huge as bane just tossing ppl, an Asian bane, but it didnt get THAT wild in there, girls were keeping up with the dudes. found myself right by the guy waving that flickering light saber thing. I'd say this show topped LITS. Going to both Vegas shows, I wonder what special things they have planned for those shows since their production doesn't fit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Had a wonderful time, hanging with friends and enjoying the show. I think I saw some members of this group, but, feeling the introvert, just wasn't up on approaching strangers. Ah well, maybe someday I'll actually say "hi" to one of you. Here's one of my better photos, from the floor: [IMG][/IMG]

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I avoided as many spoilers as I could and it was worth the wait! What a fantastic show, probably my favorite NIN show yet. I loved the diverse setlist with a great range of material. The performances, visuals, everything was perfect. I can't wait for Vegas. I know it'll be a smaller production, but as long as they sound as good as they did last night, it won't matter at all!

Here are some photos from last night's show. I was near the sound booth and couldn't see much of the band, but my camera could see just fine.

Rest of the pictures are here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Guzman View Post
    There was a guy that was as huge as bane just tossing ppl, an Asian bane, but it didnt get THAT wild in there
    Haha! I talked to Asian Bane after the show! He was a little sad that the pit was so tame. I told him it's because we're all old now. Nice guy.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Ok. So I'm a little late to this party but all I can say is that I had a lot of fun. As usual, the show was spectacular. I haven't seen all the songs played on the tour on youtube prior to this show; I wanted to be surprised. So, seeing the visuals for Running and Satellite were spectacular. I couldn't have asked for a better set list but I wish I could've seen Into the Void live. Technically, I thought that Robin's guitar was a little loud in one song (I can't remember which song it was) and Ilan's piano was a bit loud on Find My Way, but I'm not complaining. Lisa's wails on Even Deeper gave me chills. She and Charlotte are the best additions to the lineup. Overall, I thought that the crowd's vibe was absolutely insane during the last third of the show. I'm a little bummed that I didn't meet any of you guys here. I really wanted to do that but maybe next time. Can't wait to see what will become of the taping...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    got a kick out of this...LA times this morning:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, I'm pretty thrilled to be able to post for the first time in a tour thread. I was at the Jimmy Kimmel taping and got on rail right in front of Robin. It was a great warm up for the Staples show.

I have so many thoughts but I'll edit it down to this. I had watched every video and looked at every set list. Contrary to a lot of folks I wanted to have an expectation of what I was going to hear so I wouldn't be anticipating something that wouldn't be played

I was up in the seats in section 108. People around me were awesome. Everyone stood, everyone danced and everyone sang. No one talked during "A Warm Place" or shouted out during "Hurt." As mentioned before it was one of the more HM heavy sets played so far. It was like watching a well oiled machine everything precise and timed to the second. I was very happy to hear some older songs and hope they play a few more in Vegas on Saturday (which will be my next show.)

Can't wait.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Into the Void, TDTWWA and Reptile.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Totally needed a few days to process the amazingness that was this show. I was the first person in the presale line---and my insanity was well worth the effort. To be on the rail front and center is such an incredible, immersive expierience Ive done it before, but not like this. First of all I have to say the new wrist band numbering line up process is so much better! Yay!!! Mad props to Kirsten for managing that process so well.

Shout out to all my line buddies.... It was so nice to meet folks from here i have chatted with over the years...im looking at you Fullmetal and Scarlet Siren. and hear about everybody's amazing show adventures.

The show was incredible. I don't think I could have asked for anything more regarding the setlist. I heard all the new songs I really wanted to hear, and really appreciate the Fragile Masterpieces reworked. Lisa and Sharlotte are incredible additions to the line-up.

This was only the second show that brought me to tears. The first being The Wiltern show. In this Twilight is one of the most beautiful songs...and I really appreciated the moment.

I dont know what else I can add other than I really loved explosions in the sky and I am really hoping we get a big beautiful DVD packed with all kinds of awesome. Every time the dolly rolled by and i said...its for the greater good your view is being temporarily blocked.

My only critique is of the local Staples security. They routinely over reacted to the pit and would block the view. They kept asking if we were ok on the rail. Yeah dude, I'm more than fine. Quit blocking my view. If i asked them to move over they got all huffy. Heh. The NIN security team told them to back off a few times.

Looking forward to seeing y'all in Vegas!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What a great show. Backup singers add so, so much. The Wretched was amazing! Also loved hearing "Running" and "While I'm Still Here". Such a great lightshow. Hope they release whatever it was they were filming for. I had a decent eye on the cameraman's viewfinder and he had some insane closeups (as close as fingers plucking guitar strings full frame). Cameras must have been super high quality!

It was also cool seeing Danny Lohner and Billy Howerdel in the audience. They were both obviously excited (Danny moreso) during certain tracks/setpieces. Saw Tony Hawk there too.

Hope NIN comes to San Francisco next time so I can stay in my city, but it was definitely worth the flight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thought this one came out well...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Review I wrote for the show.

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2013/1...-center-review
    @suprefan, looks like my editor found some of your videos.

Also I couldn't get pics because the staff wanted me to return my camera to the car after shooting, which is after 3 songs. I don't walk out of NIN shows. I was pretty bummed. When I shot there for Muse they let me check in the camera after. Wuteva

Also I did a little shoutout to the people on another thread saying Pino looked like Mr. Mackey LOL that shit cracked me up
    Last edited by littlemonkey613; 11-11-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Discobunny View Post

My only critique is of the local Staples security. They routinely over reacted to the pit and would block the view. They kept asking if we were ok on the rail. Yeah dude, I'm more than fine. Quit blocking my view. If i asked them to move over they got all huffy. Heh. The NIN security team told them to back off a few times.
    The head of NIN security was awesome. I saw him singing along the whole night long. Didn't like being sprayed with water, but I'm sure the people behind me needed it.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    The only song I really wished that they played was Into the Void. That would have been cream....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvetica View Post
    The head of NIN security was awesome. I saw him singing along the whole night long. Didn't like being sprayed with water, but I'm sure the people behind me needed it.
    Yeah, he was super cool and I saw him gave the lady in front of me his copy of the setlist at the end of the show. Oh, and I, for one, appreciated the water spray.