Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Converge

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    You Fail Me is my favorite converge album, so yeah.. I'm fucking excited about this!!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So stoked for this. Aimless Arrow is great.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    You Fail Me is my favorite as well. This track (and Runaway and No Light Escapes) along with that great cover artwork makes me really excited. Nice to see a good change of pace. I like that their punk side seems to stand out more than their metal side this time around. Hell, looks like a good new avatar change for me.

Ordered both the 180g 2x LP from Deathwish, and the deluxe CD with a white shirt from King's Road. I'm seriously jacked for this.

edit: Keep in mind, folks, the deluxe CD (the booklet thing, on King's Road) is limited to 2500 and the 180g vinyl (Deathwish) is limited to 1000. Don't delay if you want this stuff. I'm not sure about the 180g vinyl, but the deluxe CD is individually numbered.
    Last edited by Clownboat; 08-28-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: info

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm thinking that I definitely need to make it to that Lawrence, KS date. Coalesce & Converge are two of my favorite heavy bands, and I still haven't seen either of them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hells yes I ordered the deluxe cd and shirt, fucking pumped to get it and blaze it all the way to the Seattle show a few weeks later. Held off on the vinyl but will probably scoop it up at the show provided they're there.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I'm going to be seeing them this weekend at the FYF fest. I've heard good things about their live show, but I've never actually sat down and listened to an entire album... downloading You Fail Me

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm going to be seeing them this weekend at the FYF fest. I've heard good things about their live show, but I've never actually sat down and listened to an entire album... downloading You Fail Me
    Good choice. Most people start with Jane Doe, which is the one they all know, but You Fail Me is a damn unique piece of work. I can't speak highly enough about it. The guitar tones and the robust low-end really make it a pleasure to listen to.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    They're the epitome of an 'acquired taste' but yeah, Jane Doe and YFM first, then move to No Heroes and ATF...then go back if you're still down (lol) and check out When Forever Comes Crashing. I'd put them up there with someone like Refused in terms of 'holy shit' live shows.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I'd put them up there with someone like Refused in terms of 'holy shit' live shows.
    Well lucky me... since Refused is playing FYF as well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I know, you're in for a treat. Refused DESTROYED Vancouver last night, holy fuck...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Whoa, no splatters or Skulls!!! hahaha jk! I love Bannons art but I do have to say this seems fresh in a way that the art for ATF didn't so fuck yeah..
    i think the interior artwork will be more in that style, but more colourful than usual.

I pre-ordered the book, not expecting the vinyl to be the full 17 track version. I guess I'll pick up a vinyl copy sometime in the future, but the book seems pretty cool as well.

LOVING the new tune.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    yeah, I want that book too..Maybe I'll just pre-order that instead of the vinyl from Kings road..
    And then just pick the vinyl up later.. I don't know.. It'd be nice if there wasn't so many variations between each release...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i saw Doomriders tonight in Brooklyn for the first time. so fucking good! heavy as all hell, and my 43 yr old former coworker who is not into metal thought they were awesome too. oh, and it was free, with free beer and vitamin water for all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    i saw Doomriders tonight in Brooklyn for the first time. so fucking good! heavy as all hell, and my 43 yr old former coworker who is not into metal thought they were awesome too. oh, and it was free, with free beer and vitamin water for all.
    Yeah they are great too. Saw them a couple years ago with Fang Island and Red Sparrows. New Converge sounds awesome. Like JB new art direction as well.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    well, Converge wasn't that great at FYF tonight. I was really looking forward to it too... But the volume was low and the mix was fucking god awful. You could barely hear the vocals, and when they cut through at all they sounded muffled. Also, the speakers sounded like they were breaking, frequently crackling and popping when the sound got anywhere near loud on the low end.

The singer in the band looked frustrated and pissed off too, so I guess it's ok to write this one off as one of those gigs where the technical aspect just fails and there's not much that can be done about it.

Refused, on the other hand, were fucking amazing

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Pre-ordered the new album from Deathwish! Fucking pumped!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Awesome! Equally awesome, today Jordan from ETID tweeted live as he listened to AWLWLB...

@JordanETID tweeting from beyond the grave. @EpitaphRecs let me hear the new @Convergecult. just ripped my head off and threw it in the ocean. shitfuck

@JordanETID
    track 2 makes me want to rip a tree out of the ground and bench press the white house

@JordanETID
    holy butt fuck the start of track 5 made me eat my coffee table and run through 4 walls

@JordanETID
    ok, track 6 was short, but it still made me call my high school principal and give her the finger

@JordanETID
    my wife just told me to pause it for a second, so i literally killed her

@JordanETID
    mailman showed up during track 10. he fried his hand in my panini maker then shot himself out of a cannon

@JordanETID
    when my 1st born turns 5 i'll send him into the woods with nothing but an ipod nano containing track 12. he'll return the next week w/ pubes

@JordanETID
    the breakdown in track 13 crumbled my brain. i know longer no the difference between "know" and "no".

@JordanETID
    that was the best 45 minutes of my life. i have no choice but to get initiated by a local gang of wolves and ride into a volcano

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That review is literally the best thing i've read all day. And i had a good day!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Converge-Nap...item3cca6dd0fc

For those of you who missed out on the Napalm Death Split, this is pretty much as cheap as you're going to be able to find it. They're going for so much more now

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'd kill three babies for this thing to leak right now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ugh, I check torrent sites daily lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You bastards i clicked on the thread because i thought it leaked. This is while my girlfriend is trying to convince me that my chemical romance's first album is good (In response to me playing her saetia and orchid!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In the meantime if you haven't checked it out give Gaza's a new one a spin. Sick shit.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    That Gaza record is fucking ridiculous. By far their best record!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Couldn't agree more on gaza, such epic heaviness before such beautiful down sections. Sickness.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm with ya, they rip it up live too...so damn good! Also, they posted some pics of the ltd. edition hardcover book.

The fold out print:

Most of the artwork looks fantastic to me. I like the dramatic colors, and am hoping there'll be some good prints that come out of this. Not like I need more Bannon prints, but still lol.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Damn, this review has me excited.

http://www.craveonline.com/music/rev...e-leave-behind

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Converge has announced a European tour with Touché Amoré, A Storm of Light and The Secret.

11/23/2012 Essigfabrik - Koln, Germany
    11/24/2012 Magasin 4 - Brussels, Belgium
    11/25/2012 Koko - London, UK
    11/26/2012 02 Academy 2 - Birmingham, UK
    11/27/2012 Arts Centre - Colchester, UK
    11/28/2012 Classic Grand - Glascow, Scotland
    11/29/2012 Academy 2 - Manchester, UK
    11/30/2012 The Button Factory - Dublin, Ireland
    12/01/2012 Concorde 2 - Brighton, UK
    12/02/2012 L'Astrolabe - Orleans, France
    12/03/2012 Tivoli - Utrecht, Holland
    12/04/2012 Fabrik - Hamburg, Germany