Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: NIN Austin City Limits show aired April 5, 2014

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Did anyone happen to get a better rip of the recent re-broadcasts?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    This has probably been mentioned a few times before in here (It's closing in on two A.M. and I don't feel like sifting through all nineteen other pages), but I would love to see the full, unedited show. Even if it's not pro shot, at least a decent recording would be amazing. I haven't downloaded the audio from Reflecting In The Chrome yet, but I'll probably do it eventually and I'd love to see the whole show somehow.

As much as I love it when they open up the show completely balls to the wall (Pinion into Terrible Lie/Love Is Not Enough, Hyperpower into Beginning of the End, Eater of Dreams into Copy Of A, 999,999 into 1,999,999, etc...), it's mind blowing when they start off with something a little more low-key and build from there.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    This has probably been mentioned a few times before in here (It's closing in on two A.M. and I don't feel like sifting through all nineteen other pages), but I would love to see the full, unedited show. Even if it's not pro shot, at least a decent recording would be amazing. I haven't downloaded the audio from Reflecting In The Chrome yet, but I'll probably do it eventually and I'd love to see the whole show somehow.
    Besides Mr. Fang's audio source, there is no other recording available for this show. I would assume that any sort of pictures/video during the show would've been shut down pretty quick and knowing the show would be broadcasted at a later date, why film it?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Besides Mr. Fang's audio source, there is no other recording available for this show. I would assume that any sort of pictures/video during the show would've been shut down pretty quick and knowing the show would be broadcasted at a later date, why film it?
    That was the exact same thought I had. I was sure there was absolutely no other way to see it outside of the broadcast, but it would still be great to see the full show with all the songs and not edited for language. It p****s me the f**k off when those network b******s edit the s**t out of my favorite concerts for g*****n, lame a*s, c**k sucking television.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I just watched this again yesterday, and was wondering if any of you who got in are visible in the broadcast.
    @mrfang ? @The Doctor ? @ekrekel ? @FULLMETAL ?

Yeah, i'm a goofball. I thought it might be cool to see one of you guys on there.

Also, i was listening to the new arrangement of Sanctified again, and i was thinking, that's the coolest thing i've heard trent and co do in a long time.

I would LOVE to hear more new versions of songs. In fact, i could go for an album of it-a double album even.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-10-2015 at 08:06 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Nope, no way to see me, I'm way up in the balcony. But loved every minute of it. Never thought I'd get to see NIN in such a unique, raw setting.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Balcony for me too...though I did spend a lot of time looking for myself when the balcony is visible. The tickets I won were wedged way up in the corner but the whole middle section was empty. Knowing how nonchalant the ACL crowd can be I waited in the hallway until the last minute then picked out a nice 3-4th row center seat. Still amazed how many seats were empty and how many were left outside in standby, really terrible job on ACL's part. Did anyone get an HD rip of the more recent broadcasts?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    My gruff visage is visible during "Hurt." I think I'm the only idiot they caught on camera mouthing the words while nodding his head to the beat.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    My gruff visage is visible during "Hurt." I think I'm the only idiot they caught on camera mouthing the words while nodding his head to the beat.
    ok badass. i'm gonna watch it again later and find you

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    It's about 6 years on almost and I have been sitting on the footage from the broadcast for quite some time. I have a few sources from this show including the original broadcast and rebroadcast. For archiving, I am just stressed as to which one I should go with? I know not the 720P for the original broadcast below. But there was one I received from DIME and then Levi (I believe they are on here, I am sorry I forgot where I got it). From what I remember is that the artifacts during The Wretched were on the original broadcast too. The bonus tracks on pbs were only streamed at 720. So that is best we can do.

This is why I hate stuff to sit on my hard drive for too long. I forget this information. I wish I had a lot of time on my hands to check over each capture, but Sunday mornings are all I am giving time to uploading things to the archive for the time being. If anyone can help, that would be wonderful. Hoping to get it up on the archive shortly after this small hiccup is solved.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's about 6 years on almost and I have been sitting on the footage from the broadcast for quite some time. I have a few sources from this show including the original broadcast and rebroadcast. For archiving, I am just stressed as to which one I should go with? I know not the 720P for the original broadcast below. But there was one I received from DIME and then Levi (I believe they are on here, I am sorry I forgot where I got it). From what I remember is that the artifacts during The Wretched were on the original broadcast too. The bonus tracks on pbs were only streamed at 720. So that is best we can do.

This is why I hate stuff to sit on my hard drive for too long. I forget this information. I wish I had a lot of time on my hands to check over each capture, but Sunday mornings are all I am giving time to uploading things to the archive for the time being. If anyone can help, that would be wonderful. Hoping to get it up on the archive shortly after this small hiccup is solved.

I can help with uploads if fast bandwidth is what ye seek

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I am not looking for that. More just seeing which capture is definitive to archive.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I am not looking for that. More just seeing which capture is definitive to archive.
    My copy is 480 so any will do.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

cm = cynicmuse on here. Both that and dime are from SoCal PBS broadcasts, and had a lot of artifacting, especially during heavy strobes (watch the last 2 minutes of Came Back Haunted).

I have a later rebroadcast from Hawaii PBS that has much fewer compression artifacts, but it's not ready for distribution yet.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    cm = cynicmuse on here. Both that and dime are from SoCal PBS broadcasts, and had a lot of artifacting, especially during heavy strobes (watch the last 2 minutes of Came Back Haunted).

I have a later rebroadcast from Hawaii PBS that has much fewer compression artifacts, but it's not ready for distribution yet.
    I’ll just keep these up until then.