Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Austin City Limits show aired April 5, 2014

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I hope the rest of this surfaces one day. The ACL show was excellent. This version of TBCD is awesome.

I want to light my tuners and antennae on fire because they all decided that CBH was the time to glitch.

Edit: The censoring was definitely a little weird. I guess that PBS still follows the seven dirty words policy. Imagine if Closer was still in the setlist.
    The editing was good as well; if I hadn't known better, I wouldn't have realized that they had chopped out a few songs.
    Last edited by cynicmuse; 04-06-2014 at 04:48 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The Big Come Down and In This Twilight were mindblowing, wow. Such a great show. I'd love to see the full show (in HD and uncensored), but I'm grateful for what we got here.

Went to sleep watching the Lollapalooza stream and now woke up to this. Good times.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sunspots refrain in Sanctified!
    I know I'm probably slow on the uptake, but holy shit! I love these medley things.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Argh. Actually stayed up late enough to watch this...but only because I was out with someone else, watching the decline of comedy (SNL).

Hope an HD rip surfaces sometime soon; I'd love to put this on the big(ish) screen.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Currently watching it on the website. Quality is excellent. Absolutely love the fact that the performance is focused on musicianship and not production.
    This is flawless.

That version of In This Twilight is absolutely incredible.

How great would it be if we got the WHOLE thing as an extra on the Tension DVD? I for one, hope it'll be there.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    God...
    That whole ending section In This Twilight / While I'm Still Here / Hurt...
    Goosebumps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone get the PBS broadcast (TV) in HD - mine was in SD and the sound/mix seemed to suffer greatly from the online videos I've seen so far.

*Loved "drops" Sunspots being played in Sancified

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

NIN Austin City Limits show airs April 5, 2014

They didn't air it on Atlanta PBS until Sunday at 1 am. I dvr'd it and watched this morning. The whole performance was amazing. ITT, TBCD, & WISH were the highlights for me. It sounded great. It looked great.

I wish Satellite made it to the broadcast. It doesn't get the love it deserves.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Must have been one of the ETS Robin haters doing the sound mix lol.
    watching again on apple tv and robin's guitar sounds great now. must have been a glitch on the cable box. typical.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love being able to see wtf Alessandro is doing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Didn't even bother with this last night. No answer from my local PBS as to when this would air and the webcast is sucking for me at the moment. Waiting patiently for a rip from some kind soul....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    RE: Hurt. Am I the only one that didn't know Trent's ears are pierced? Also I think the camera guys and producers did a good job with the glaring exception of not really showing Illan when he was going apeshit during black noise.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I loved what we got to see, but I'm really hoping they end up putting at least Even Deeper up on the web. That song really came to life with Lisa and Charlotte.

Also this whole thing reminded me how much I miss Pino. That guy was a pro.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I loved what we got to see, but I'm really hoping they end up putting at least Even Deeper up on the web. That song really came to life with Lisa and Charlotte.

Also this whole thing reminded me how much I miss Pino. That guy was a pro.
    I still haven't seen any of this (missed the broadcast and my internet is world class shit, so I can't stream it), but I can only imagine that Pino absolutely kills it on All Time Low.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This special was absolute garbage, I quit watching after a song-and-a-half. Crushed SD picture and horrible, flat audio. I'm amazed Trent chose to bother doing this if it was just going to be presented to the audience in such poor quality. The web stream of it sounds a little better, but still isn't in HD. Hopefully they'll at least put it up on YouTube or Vimeo soon, so people can actually watch it in HD.

Looks like it was an amazing show in the room. Seems very similar to the VooDoo Festival show, which was one of my favorites last year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    This special was absolute garbage, I quit watching after a song-and-a-half. Crushed SD picture and horrible, flat audio. I'm amazed Trent chose to bother doing this if it was just going to be presented to the audience in such poor quality. The web stream of it sounds a little better, but still isn't in HD. Hopefully they'll at least put it up on YouTube or Vimeo soon, so people can actually watch it in HD.

Looks like it was an amazing show in the room. Seems very similar to the VooDoo Festival show, which was one of my favorites last year.
    It seems like you were probably watching a SD version of PBS. It looked and sounded great on TV for me.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    Sounds like a problem on your end (be it your house or your local PBS affiliate). Austin City Limits is filmed and broadcast in HD, and PBS is available for free in HD over the air with an antenna. If that's not how you were seeing it, than you're either accessing PBS improperly, or your local station isn't broadcasting normally. Instead of bitching about it, try emailing their engineer, politely telling them about your experience, and seeing what they have to say about it.

I'm not amazed that Trent did it. ACL is a highly respected and high quality production with a decades-long history.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Watching on our 93" projector. Lisa's whoa-oa-oa's in the later choruses of The Wretched just gave me the chills. Reminds me of Sleater-Kinney, oddly

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    In what bizarro world would anyone think that anything PBS broadcasts would be uncensored in any context? I went in expecting all sorts of censoring.

Anyway, that was really a great show. I don't understand the whining about Robin on TBCD - sounded ridiculous the whole way through.

The song selection for this really shows the central theme of "grooving" that Trent talked about.

I almost teared up during In This Twilight and Hurt. I don't care if everyone's sick of Hurt, this arrangement's subtle changes has made it sound so, so good. I do miss the Zero-Sum outro for ITT, but it still sounds gorgeous. That might be my favorite NIN song.

Was the film you guys were talking about called The Bad Seed? Because that's what was wrapping up on my local PBS station and I was horrified. What the fuck? (I just checked and no, it probably wasn't that. Still - what the fuck.)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I really, really hope Tension isn't the last we see of female vocalists on stage.

P.S. No question this is the best lineup ever. Eight fucking pros up there.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails on Austin City Limits - November 4, 2013 - standard definition broadcast (MPG)
    http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=487897
    Nine Inch Nails on Austin City Limits
    The Moody Theater
    Austin, TX
    Recorded November 4, 2013
    Broadcast on PBS April 5, 2014

Trent Reznor - vocals, piano
    Alessandro Cortini - tape loops, synthesizer, vocals
    Josh Eustis - guitar, keyboards, vocals
    Robin Finck - guitar, keyboards, vocals
    Lisa Fischer - vocals
    Sharlotte Gibson - vocals
    Pino Palladino - bass
    Ilan Rubin - drums, piano, sequencing, ukulele, vocals

Lineage: digital cable > TiVo box > PC via TiVo Desktop > VideoReDo > .mpg files

With both logo and letterbox (see screen cap below)

Audio:
    AC-3
    192 Kbps
    48.0 KHz
    2 channels

Video:
    MPEG-2
    6.0 Mbps
    704x480
    4:3

Length 52:36

Sample:
    https://vimeo.com/89662554
    Sanctified

Setlist:
    01 All Time Low
    02 Sanctified
    03 Came Back Haunted
    04 Copy Of A
    05 The Frail
    06 The Wretched
    07 The Big Come Down
    08 In This Twilight
    09 While I'm Still Here
    10 Hurt
    11 interview
    12 closing credits

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Trent on keys for the end of All Time Low was awesome...

so what happens to all the shit that was cut out?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    RE: Hurt. Am I the only one that didn't know Trent's ears are pierced? Also I think the camera guys and producers did a good job with the glaring exception of not really showing Illan when he was going apeshit during black noise.
    Trent wore earrings in the early PHM era. I think you can see them in the down in it video.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I still haven't seen any of this (missed the broadcast and my internet is world class shit, so I can't stream it), but I can only imagine that Pino absolutely kills it on All Time Low.
    Oh, for sure. The little bit from Closer that he throws at the end is fantastic; the cameramen actually focused on him a decent amount throughout the show (they did a pretty fair job IMO at showing a bit of everyone at their best, not just fixating on TR).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Trent wore earrings in the early PHM era. I think you can see them in the down in it video.
    I'm pretty sure in the Closer video as well.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

NIN Austin City Limits show airs April 5, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I'm pretty sure in the Closer video as well.
    Actually I think I'm wrong about DII. I remember seeing with earrings in at some point somewhere.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    so what happens to all the shit that was cut out?
    Unless it gets released on DVD, I doubt you'll be seeing the rest of the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Lisa's whoa-oa-oa's in the later choruses of The Wretched just gave me the chills.
    Yeah, the Tension version of The Wretched is just wicked as hell. Many of the Tension versions of songs have become my favorites, but The Wretched seems to benefit doubly.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Nine Inch Nails on Austin City Limits - November 4, 2013 - standard definition broadcast (MPG)
    In case it wasn't obvious enough: this is NOT an HD rip. Even though the comments and description both link to an HD video of Sanctified, this is a 4:3, standard definition rip.

Just in case anyone downloads it expecting the same quality as the supposed sample.