Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails on Jimmy Kimmel 11.07

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, guess it's safe to assume I didn't win either.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails on Jimmy Kimmel 11.07

I think it's a bit weird no one has won via NIN.com (either here, NIN forums, Facebook pages etc).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ugh, I tried to watch a clip from a previous show online but there was a block on UK watching. Will this be put on YouTube by anyone do you think? Or is there something that gets around geographical restrictions?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Ugh, I tried to watch a clip from a previous show online but there was a block on UK watching. Will this be put on YouTube by anyone do you think? Or is there something that gets around geographical restrictions?
    I use an extension/addon or whatever it's called to watch Jimmy Kimmel in the UK. I'm at work just now but I'll try and remember to let you know what it is when I get home.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^thanks so much

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    I use an extension/addon or whatever it's called to watch Jimmy Kimmel in the UK. I'm at work just now but I'll try and remember to let you know what it is when I get home.
    Tunnelbear?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^Just downloaded tunnelbear and got it to work on a previous episode - thanks guys

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The songs go up on JKL's music youtube channel.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Just play In Two and blow everyone's minds. COME ON. DO IT.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Nine Inch Nails on Jimmy Kimmel 11.07

Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    The songs go up on JKL's music youtube channel.
    Normally whatever song is played in full on the show and whatever song they play for a minute or so as they're going off the air.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Normally whatever song is played in full on the show and whatever song they play for a minute or so as they're going off the air.
    Yeah, usually just those two. The rest of the songs still have the camera crews out, but they don't get uploaded.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    you know, it's not impossible that they'd perform something pretty unexpected. playing The Fragile at the VMAs was kind of a similarly unexpected choice, right? (except for the fact that the album hadn't come out yet.)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    mtv awards back when mtv mattered is alittle more significant than jimmy kimmel

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    you know, it's not impossible that they'd perform something pretty unexpected. playing The Fragile at the VMAs was kind of a similarly unexpected choice, right? (except for the fact that the album hadn't come out yet.)
    if I recall right, that was actually a pretty last minute decision -- I think they were originally going to play WITT before he decided TO NEVER FUCKING PLAY IT EXCEPT AT ONE SHOW THAT ALMOST NO ONE WAS AT

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Yeah if they don't play Satellite, ATL or In Two they are fucking stupid ahhhahaha. VMOE also. There are so many amaaaazing tracks on this album that mainstream audiences would totally dig if they had heard the damn things. At least 2 of these songs should be performed on JKL

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I'm certain the broadcast will be captured and uploaded in numerous other ways too that far surpass YouTube quality for your permanent viewing pleasure.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails on Jimmy Kimmel 11.07

I'm in the departure lounge at Edinburgh airport heading to LA!

Really looking forward to this show. See you 'soon'!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    back when mtv mattered
    1987?

[lorem ipsum etc]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hoping the broadcast is taped (and anything else that might be able to be taped) - I don't have a TV and the place I usually go when I want to watch something is probably not available tonight.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    if I recall right, that was actually a pretty last minute decision -- I think they were originally going to play WITT before he decided TO NEVER FUCKING PLAY IT EXCEPT AT ONE SHOW THAT ALMOST NO ONE WAS AT
    You mean, 4-6 shows (depending on how you look at it)?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm thinking they will play 4 new songs and 2 classics (like Hurt or Black Bomb).

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSLIN View Post
    or Black Bomb

Trents Sgt. Pepper.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    You mean, 4-6 shows (depending on how you look at it)?
    my blind rage at never hearing the song that first got me into NIN shows

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    BTW I haven't been to a JK taping but I've been to lots of Daily Show and Colbert Report, and they don't take unauthorized recorders lightly. They have a flood of interns who watch everyone like hawks - if they even see you writing something down once you're inside the studio, they descend upon you - when they say "no recording" they mean NOTHING, not even your observations before the show even starts. Then they station someone near you for the rest of the night to make sure you don't try it again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryelle View Post
    Hoping the broadcast is taped (and anything else that might be able to be taped) - I don't have a TV and the place I usually go when I want to watch something is probably not available tonight.
    Uh, yeah, I think everyone has their DVR set for this.

Quote Originally Posted by maryelle View Post
    BTW I haven't been to a JK taping but I've been to lots of Daily Show and Colbert Report, and they don't take unauthorized recorders lightly. They have a flood of interns who watch everyone like hawks - if they even see you writing something down once you're inside the studio, they descend upon you - when they say "no recording" they mean NOTHING, not even your observations before the show even starts. Then they station someone near you for the rest of the night to make sure you don't try it again.

This isnt indoors, its outside. Here is where people are screwed if they think theyll get a nice camera or recording rig in. Metal detectors at the gate, plus they wand everyone. And no purses or bags above a certain size. So pretty much, you can have your phone and your wallet on you at this thing.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    First to reply can be my +1 for Kimmel tonight. You have to be able to be in Hollywood by 5:00 SHARP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be there tonight, hoping its a little longer set. Caught QUOTSA on Kimmel a few years back and it was a blast. Hoping tonight is going to be awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NIN on Kimmel

Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    While I would've preferred Live on Letterman or maybe getting Craig Ferguson to do a "Trent Reznor night" interview/performance, or even a Saturday Night Live appearance, I have no problem with them doing a performance that will air on Jimmy Kimmel.

It could be worse, they could be licensing out the songs to anybody with a check, "Copy of a" to a photocopier company, "Came Back Haunted" to Party City for Halloween, "Find My Way" to Garmin, "Satellite" to either DirecTV or a home surveilance company, "Running" to Nike.

Clever, clever, love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    First to reply can be my +1 for Kimmel tonight. You have to be able to be in Hollywood by 5:00 SHARP.
    Am I first? I really want to go to this can have no problem getting to Hollywood early.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by walkunafraid View Post
    Am I first? I really want to go to this can have no problem getting to Hollywood early.
    DONE. PM inbound.