Thread: Doctor Who

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'd kill for a special TV film of the Time War, McGann doing it all then becoming Eccleston

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'd kill for a special TV film of the Time War, McGann doing it all then becoming Eccleston
    I can't tell you how many hours I've lost imagining that sort of thing! Someone told me the other other day that McGann is considered the longest running Doctor because of the 70+ novels about the 8th Doctor. Pretty crazy, I'd love to read some of those.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    I can't tell you how many hours I've lost imagining that sort of thing! Someone told me the other other day that McGann is considered the longest running Doctor because of the 70+ novels about the 8th Doctor. Pretty crazy, I'd love to read some of those.
    Some of them are good, some not so. The New Adventures (7th doctor) & Eighth Doctor Adventures are surprisingly adult, very dark. The Human Nature 2-parter is adapted from one of them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Some of them are good, some not so. The New Adventures (7th doctor) & Eighth Doctor Adventures are surprisingly adult, very dark. The Human Nature 2-parter is adapted from one of them
    Picked up a few of the Eighth Doctor Adventures cheap (The Eight Doctors, Alien Bodies and The Gallifrey Chronicles); like you say, far more adult-natured and mature. I rather enjoyed that to be honest, a complete move away from the accessibility of the TV show. It's a shame that they're out of print now and mostly forgotten about.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I enjoyed the family of blood 2 parter until the end where the doctor went about putting the family in eternal chains, mirrors, scarecrows etc. My problem first of all was the doctor, not being vengeful and evil would surely just have waited a few minutes for them to die naturally (the doctor knows that immortality is a curse from the Five Doctors and what happens to Borusa) - it was just too cruel for me, even apart from my second issue with it which was that the doctor isn't a superhero - how could he lift chains from a dwarf star in the first place ? He solves problems with brains not brawn, that ending just seemed tacked on for it's 'darkness'