Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Can someone extract the album art for the sampler for me?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5328/artmu.jpg

---
    and in case you missed it on the other page, here's access to the 8 minute trailer from apple, without using the disgrace that is iTunes.
    Last edited by blassster; 12-02-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Cheers, I can never figure out how to do that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone else notice how some of the instrumentation on the tracks seem almost Eastern influenced (slightly Asian in a sense)? The strings on some of it give me that feeling, especially People Lie All the Time and Oracalcum.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Cheers, I can never figure out how to do that
    if you go into the track info (hit command i in itunes) and go to the artwork tab, you can click and drag the artwork on to your desktop.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    if you go into the track info (hit command i in itunes) and go to the artwork tab, you can click and drag the artwork on to your desktop.
    I don't have/use iTunes, and I don't really want to download bloatware just to grab album art #lazy
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheExit View Post
    Anyone else notice how some of the instrumentation on the tracks seem almost Eastern influenced (slightly Asian in a sense)? The strings on some of it give me that feeling, especially People Lie All the Time and Oracalcum.
    It reminds me strongly of Barry Adamson's early work, who Atticus did work with for some time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    If you don't want to bother with iTunes, I opened some temp file to find out where the 8-minute trailer comes from. This allowed Firefox to download it for me.

iTunes-free 8 minute Trailer

Mods, if this is against the rules (I don't see why not, it's the official source and for free), obviously feel free to delete the post. Gray areas.
    Thanks for that, I don't have iTunes because every time I install it it seems to be insistent on making itself start up with my computer, even if I disable it from doing that.

---

The sampler is quite beautiful, I am very impressed and am excited to get my hands on the rest of it. Shame I don't have $300 to blow on something.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Pre-ordered the $300 one!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope we'll get another video of TR (and AR) signing 3000 copies of the LE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Pre-ordered the $300 one!
    ditto! winning!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    holy smokes, my totally amazing fiancee just surprise pre-ordered the deluxe for me! YES!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    holy smokes, my totally amazing fiancee just surprise pre-ordered the deluxe for me! YES!
    You've found the right woman/man! Lucky. I'm more pumped about the movie/soundtrack since last night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Listening to the sampler makes my feet feel cold.
    Also i like Oraculum.
    That is the end of my stupid opinion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Finally getting around to listening to "Immigrant Song"...hot damn! It's pretty damn awesome!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5328/artmu.jpg

---
    and in case you missed it on the other page, here's access to the 8 minute trailer from apple, without using the disgrace that is iTunes.
    awesome!

Man, they sure made Lisbeth Salander and Harriet Vagner look like the same person.... or is it just me?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Man, they sure made Lisbeth Salander and Harriet Vagner look like the same person.... or is it just me?
    they don't look alike to me...at all...

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    they don't look alike to me...at all...
    Well, their faces. Obviously, the hair and clothing is very different. The face looks almost identical. For a bit I was thinking "holy shit, they really decided to change up the story"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Preordered my Deluxe Edition last night and cannot be more excited. 3 hours, six vinyls, autographs that's all that needs to be said. Even though $300 is expensive I think $300 is a fair price and it was much easier ordering for me than when I preordered the deluxe "Ghosts I-IV." I feel sorry for the people overseas that wanted to buy it, but I don't think they're sold out yet and that they can order now so that's good. February seems light-years away right now. Also, couldn't be more perfect timing on getting ETS back to functionality.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I noticed that too, that their faces were so similar. Weirded me out a bit.

Also I scoured the soundtrack's website for like five minutes trying to find out where it said that the release was Null 02 then I found Rob's tweet saying it was. Well then.

In other news Oraculum is my favorite track from the sampler, including Immigrant Song. I love it so very much.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Here is a side by side. The facial expression is a bit different but you get the idea:

imdb confirms that they are different actors though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I can kinda see somewhat of a resemblance...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I probably won't buy the Deluxe Edition, I don't have a vinyl player and the money. I'm very looking forward the 3CD!! Godamn!

I'm not the biggest instrumental fan. I did find Ghosts and TSN soundtrack to be interesting, but I get bored very quickly. I'm still very very very glad we'll get new TR stuff.

Of the bunch, the 6 tracks, I only like What If We Could. Immigrant Song is AWESOME!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Of the bunch, the 6 tracks, I only like What If We Could. Immigrant Song is AWESOME!!
    No love for Oraculum?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Oraculum = opening track to the new Tool album

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i had to watch the 8 min trailer and hear the more energetic guitar driven music towards the end to get excited about the soundtrack. next thing i know i'm set back $330...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Here we go...

[iTunes / iDevice ready]
    • Karen O. with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
    • Immigrant Song (Digital Single) • m4a ALAC (Lossless)
    • 19.7 MB • 950 kbps avg. bitrate • 2 mins, 53 secs
    • Complete tags including Album Art, Unsynced Lyrics*, Sort, Tempo, Publishing Information (like on purchased iTunes files) and Performance Credits
    • Fixed sector boundary error common in completely digital files, this is ready to be burned to a CD safely; also includes aucdtect file to verify lossless

*I left out the "ah, ah"'s and "oh, oh, oh"'s in the lyrics (monkey noises!)
    Download https://rapidshare.com/files/614575272/Immigrant_Song__Digital_Single___m4a_ALAC_.rar

[iTunes / iDevice ready]
    • Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
    • The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Extended Trailer) • m4a AAC (Lossy)
    • 7.6 MB • 128 avg. bitrate • 8 mins, 24 secs
    • Complete tags including Album Art, Sort, Publishing Information (like on purchased iTunes files) and Performance Credits
    • I extracted the m4a file from the m4v trailer using Quicktime Pro

Download https://rapidshare.com/files/3307632...__m4a_AAC_.rar

and here's the .m4v trailer, also tagged as much as possible and iTunes / iDevice ready

Download https://rapidshare.com/files/9571411...__m4v_AAC_.rar

### All album art was scaled to 500x500 (or as close to that as possible) to maximize display on an iPhone / iPod Touch
    Last edited by Jon; 12-02-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Oraculum = opening track to the new Tool album
    that's why it's so badass though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    For anyone wondering: the vinyl will NOT be available outside the LE http://support.topspinmedia.com/entr...ble-separately
    Quote Originally Posted by Daegor View Post
    Though this is probably true, I did want to point out that the phrases "is not" and "will not" have very different meanings...
    my memory is a bit foggy here, but i sort of recall saying "fuck it" to the ghosts preorder page because there was no standard vinyl edition. it was, of course, released later and i purchased it through amazon or ebay or something, and not the company site. so it's quite possible that there is a vinyl edition coming.

so, uh, i guess i'll see if he answers on twitter:

@trent_reznor are there plans for a standard vinyl edition like with ghosts, or is the deluxe going to be the only vinyl option?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    How are you guys tagging the various website music mp3s that you may have saved? What are you calling them in the ID3 tags?

Something like...

Trent Reznor And Atticus Ross - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Website Music 1.mp3
    Trent Reznor And Atticus Ross - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Website Music 2.mp3

etc? Because I don't see any particular way to differentiate between them. And indeed if these will be on the final album release.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I didn't realize the film is coming out on the 21st! I went from being excited to shitting my pants. I probably wouldn't be half as excited if not for Reznor and Ross' involvement, but everyone involved with this movie has my penis raging in exponential ways.