Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    He's between the Ood and Billie Piper towards the end, on the left hand side.

Awesome trailer. I'm happy to wait another month with no new footage, I want the next episode to be as big a surprise as possible.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    He's between the Ood and Billie Piper towards the end, on the left hand side.

Awesome trailer. I'm happy to wait another month with no new footage, I want the next episode to be as big a surprise as possible.
    Oh yeah, at 0:39!

I've always felt like he's the "we barely remember him" Doctor even though it was him who was a part the Last Great Time War (presumably). And he's my favorite.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That trailer got me super hyped. One more month.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    why does he say "over 900 years" when he's actually almost 1200 now? that baffled me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    why does he say "over 900 years" when he's actually almost 1200 now? that baffled me.
    My guess is, that while's he's over 1200, he only stole the Tardis 900 years ago. So he spent the first 300 years on Gallifrey.

Either that or it's a Retcon / the trailer takes place earlier in time / or just sounds better than saying "one thousand, two hundred / twelve hundred years".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Oh yeah, at 0:39!

I've always felt like he's the "we barely remember him" Doctor even though it was him who was a part the Last Great Time War (presumably). And he's my favorite.
    I really like him too. He seems the most excitable, enthusiastic and romantic out of the Doctor's personalities. Plus he's easily the best thing about the TV movie. Such a shame they never went any further with him, so much wasted potential. I've listened to a few of the audio adventures featuring Paul McGann, they do kind of make up for it I guess. Still, it's a bummer.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    got my newest tattoo today!

i won't tell you what it says, but it's a recurring theme in the lyrics of the band Rosetta, and is a concept that means quite a great deal to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^ Nice. Forgive my considerable ignorance, but is it meant to be a Gallifrey/Time Lord symbol like the ones sometimes seen in the Tardis?

Also, got my two tickets booked to see Day of the Doctor in the cinema! Roll on the 23rd.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ^ Nice. Forgive my considerable ignorance, but is it meant to be a Gallifrey/Time Lord symbol like the ones sometimes seen in the Tardis?
    thanks! and yeah, that's the language of the time lords (gallifreyan). every main circle can represent a single word or a whole phrase, and each one on the inside of the tardis says something different.

mine is three words together as one phrase.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I have no desire to see it in the cinema, am I weird? I just think DW should be on TV

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I have no desire to see it in the cinema, am I weird? I just think DW should be on TV
    Conversely, I haven't been to a theater in years, as I usually just wait until I can get the movie for free from my library. But this? I really, really want to go see this on the big screen. Maybe just because I know it'd be the only time in my life (presumably) that I'd see Doctor Who on a giant screen with full on theater sound. But yeah...$12.50 for that versus watching it at home for free...hmmmm....

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I mean, from when I was a kid, I'd love to watch Doctor Who from the sofa, with some tea or something, enjoying the show on the box. I don't think the big screen is right for it, even the Cushing films I prefer on tv

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I mean, from when I was a kid, I'd love to watch Doctor Who from the sofa, with some tea or something, enjoying the show on the box. I don't think the big screen is right for it, even the Cushing films I prefer on tv
    i also have ZERO interest in seeing it in 3D. i really don't like 3D. and my fiancee (who, upon finishing her first watch-through of new who last night immediately insisted we start watching some classic who, which made my nerdy heart so happy) hates seeing things at the theater, because there are always dickbags who ruin the experience for everyone else. so we'll definitely be watching from home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

For me, it was the allure being able to see Daleks and hear the theme song on the big screen as opposed to watching it on my crappy little box in a cold flat. As well as it feeling like more of an 'event' by watching it in the cinema. I'm 100% not interested in the 3D aspect either. I can't really imagine that there will be many people in my town going to the cinema at 9:30 on a Saturday night to watch Doctor Who, so hopefully I'll miss any idiots spoiling the show.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I can't relate to the "as a kid" part, but I do enjoy cracking open a special beer for the bigger episodes (usually premiers and finales) and watching it from my own comfy chair. Which I obviously wouldn't get to do if I saw it in theaters. And I don't have any interest whatsoever in the 3D part. I think maybe just the grandeur of it being the 50th anniversary is making me think "maybe I should take this in on the big screen". I'm not sold though - it is still entirely likely that I'll watch it at home after all. But going out for this one is tempting.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Leaked trailer. Spoiler: Hurt on Gallifrey during the Time War, Bad Wolf Rose, two Tardis's, mentions of The Moment.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    Leaked trailer. Spoiler: Hurt on Gallifrey during the Time War, Bad Wolf Rose, two Tardis's, mentions of The Moment.

taken down already!

EDIT -- here's a summary with tons of images (spoilers, obviously) http://imgur.com/a/uQ3k0
    Last edited by ibanez33; 11-09-2013 at 02:02 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    We can learn much from Scotch Land.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Extended trailer.

Spoiler: Is it just me or is that Paul McGann at 0:25 walking through a door? Might be wishful thinking...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The voice over with "I'm looking for The Doctor." reminds me so much of how Colin Baker sounds.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Extended trailer.

Spoiler: Is it just me or is that Paul McGann at 0:25 walking through a door? Might be wishful thinking...
    I think it is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^ What, just wishful thinking?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Well, now that my mom's gone ahead and taken off from work on the evening of the theatrical showing, I guess I'm going. For someone who wants to remain free of any MAJOR spoilers, would the trailers above be a bad idea? Or a bit of harmless tease?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Well, now that my mom's gone ahead and taken off from work on the evening of the theatrical showing, I guess I'm going. For someone who wants to remain free of any MAJOR spoilers, would the trailers above be a bad idea? Or a bit of harmless tease?
    I wouldn't say MAJOR, but I'm not caught up in the old series so there may have been some things I missed / didn't realize.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    They're really just teases, so long as you're fairly caught up (specifically, as long as you've watched The Name of the Doctor).

I'm going with a friend that I actually marathoned the revived series with earlier this year. Going to be a great time. Not as great as it would be if there was a screening on the 23rd in my area, but that's fine. I can avoid spoilers for two days, I'm sure.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my fiancee and i have been making our way through a bunch of classic episodes. we started with "the war games" and then went backwards and watched several more Patrick Troughton episodes (we like him a lot). then we watched some of the beginning of Jon Pertwee's run, and though he's charming, he's almost too mellow for us.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

HOLY SHIT.

Spoiler: PAUL MCGANN MOTHERFUCKERS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, so, so awesome. marodi, watch it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I just came everywhere from that