Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanfall

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Titanfall

Figured that this deserves a thread, as it's won over 80 awards at E3, GamesCom, etc. etc. and it's one of the games I've been waiting for since being announced. Dropped $60 on it with fingers crossed, and it's not bad...today's announcement is that the street date is March 11th, 2014. No comment on the TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLAR special edition.

FPS shooter with pilots and mechs "titans" from one of the co-creators of CoD.

Launch date announcement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Super Stoked for this game! My brother pre-ordered this for me a few weeks ago. Glad to see a release date finally out there. Guess the special edition comes with a statue of a Titan if you are interested in that.

I am playing most of games on PS4 and my brother on Xbox One but this is one of the games I am glad we are gonna have both systems for!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This is one of the games that indefinitely sold me on getting my Xbox One. I will be picking this up for sure. it was by far the most interesting and compelling game for me at this year's E3.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    Super Stoked for this game! My brother pre-ordered this for me a few weeks ago. Glad to see a release date finally out there. Guess the special edition comes with a statue of a Titan if you are interested in that.

I am playing most of games on PS4 and my brother on Xbox One but this is one of the games I am glad we are gonna have both systems for!
    The Collector's Edition isn't worth it, as it's just a statue, poster, and book. Big deal, shit you'll look at once and never again. Some people are whining about why there's no DLC with it, but seriously...who gives a shit. Preorder DLC is so overblown...how many of these people are riding around in the fuckin' blimp from GTA V? Nobody? Shocker.

I will admit however, the statue is bonkers at 18" high. For $250, it better be, but still...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Looks cool, I will get it on PC. Probably will have to upgrade my video card next year (currently have a 2GB 6950).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Who designed the statue? I can't find info on this, but if it's the same dudes that did some other CE statues out there, I'd genuinely be interested in this.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Neat and to the whiners (none here) - PS4 has exclusives too that will never grace Xbox consoles. Why is there no foul when they get exclusives as well?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It will also be on PC of course, and one of the devs has already said that 'The next TitanFall will almost certainly be open for every console out there.'

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm considering this one. How do you think it's different than halo or destiny?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Neat and to the whiners (none here) - PS4 has exclusives too that will never grace Xbox consoles. Why is there no foul when they get exclusives as well?
    I think it's more the nature of the exclusive and how it was purchased from Electronic Arts, a title that otherwise almost certainly would have released on the PS4 as well had Microsoft not paid for it. That's a different thing than Halo or Uncharted.

It doesn't bother me one way or the other. It's business, this is how it goes, but I don't care about Call of Duty, so I'm not really interested in the creator's new IP. If anything, this is the kind of title that Microsoft should be securing exclusive rights to. They can have all the first person shooters, take all the Call of Duties, just please, this time around, don't run around buying the rights to obscure niche Japanese RPGs. That bothered me.

If this was my kind of game, I'd definitely be planning on buying an Xbox One.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-29-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    I'm considering this one. How do you think it's different than halo or destiny?
    It's probably closer to Call of Duty than Halo or Destiny. Call of Duty with mechs as your care packages.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Picture that shows the size of the CE statue.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    As im nowblooking for an Xbox One this game is within reach. im curious to see how this pushes competitive shokters in the next gen. Its definitely the game to watch.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Respawn has confirmed that there will be no microtransactions which is fine with me. Season Pass still up in the air, but probably since they haven't even announced any DLC (it's not even out yet so no bother).

The leaked closed alpha videos look downright insane for this game, and the fact that Respawn has been on record saying that it was just to iron out some kinks, and that the textures and graphics in-game were running at about 25% of the final product is bonkers.

Leaked alpha gameplay. Same guy has a handful of videos.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    A friend of mine got an alpha download code for Xbox One. He downloaded it and played it a few and told me it's an automatic day one purchase. I was going to anyways, since it was one of the major reasons I got an Xbox One, but him telling me solidified it further.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This is definitely a system seller

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's a good thing this is coming out for PC too because I don't want to buy an XBone.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    16 multiplayer maps at launch. Also, despite Respawn's denial, apparently the Alpha textures are final. The usual internet nerds are whining like the silly little bitches they are, but the Alpha footage is still hot to me, so who gives a shit. The textures in BioShock weren't the best in the world and that game is still a crowning achievement.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 01-31-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I always thought of Bioshock as the point when games crossed the boarder into the last generation...
    16 maps is great! I wonder what kinds of playlists theyll have...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    360 version delayed two weeks until March 25th. Beta information coming next week, though already announced that it will be closed (codes required to enter). Signs still point to Feb. 14-19 as the dates.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    TITANFALL SERVERS.. Y U GO DOWN.

In other news, this game is bonkers.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I got into the beta but i camt get past the main menu... Anything i can do?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Server problems. Was down last night for apparently 7 or so hours

Just keep trying, or hit the blue X button to pick the next nearest server hub and try that one.

Already maxed out the beta level cap (only 14) and it's ridiculous how balanced this game is. You can rodeo any opposing titan, and get rodeod. If you do, just eject out and clip the pilot on your back, then jump back in...or vice versa. They've made a gem of a game, ugh it's so hot.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Got it to work. This game is incredible!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I like how when you're a pilot, you can see other cloaked pilots, but if you're in your Titan, you can't see the blur at all. They've done a great job of thinking of all the scenarios of combat.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Waiting for my beta code, which I probably won't get.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That sucks. I had 5 lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Beta being opened up worldwide for all Xbox One users before the end of the night.