Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Titanfall

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's super quick to level up...until about level 25 at which point it takes 2/3 games per level...then it starts to grind. Got to 35 before stopping. Hope there's no connection problems as I lucked out today.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    ok. it works now. just in time to prevent me from punching something over dark souls 2

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Someone please answer me this: my gaming tv is only 720p native but can output 1080p. There's an option on the x1 for it to be at 720p or 1080p. Now, titanfall is currently only 796p or something right ? So is it wise to have the setting at 1080p? Or drop it to 720p?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The campaign: completely painful to listen to.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I have a serious issue with the matchmaking and lobbies in this game. Me and my friend joined a match where it was only us two vs a full team of 6 in a hardpoint Domination match. I stayed till Evacuation but that's still fucking bullshit. My team never got any new players and when it did, it was only one guy that would leave after he seen us losing by a shit ton. They need to fix that shit or I'm going to start leaving games and lobbies before the matches begin or finish. I wasted close to 8 minutes in that match for no reason and got barely anything to show for it before I quit.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Seems to me like theres at least twice the customization of COD...

Ive been loving it. Just played my forst two CTF games and I think its my favorite CTF. Its super fast, super frantic. Shits going on everywhere. Game is amazing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    The campaign: completely painful to listen to.
    The Campaign is on, no pun intended I guess, autopilot. It would have been cool if depending if you won or loss things could change but it's really just whatever and has no point besides telling you some half assed story baked into multiplayer. Not that I expected too much from mixing the both when they first announced it but it could have been done a whole lot better or interesting. The only reason to play it is to unlock the two Titan classes.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The funniest part about the campaign is that the npcs keep assigning each other missions, and you have nothing to do with any of them. Its ljke being a D character in any other game.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, it was a bit of grind to Regenerate the first time, but I pulled it off.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Is there any incentive to do that other than bragging rights? Like gear or anytbing? Ill probably just not...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    All you get is a card next to your level with a 1, 2, 3, etc for how many times you've 'Regenerated', and you get an XP boost...so now at Regen 2 I get 110% xp, then next time 120%, 130% and so on. Achievements/Trophies if that's your thing.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Do you have to earn chassis again?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah everything, all you keep is your Burn Cards. Also, to Regen the first time you just have to hit level 50, every subsequent time you have to hit level 50 and complete certain challenges. I believe it's to get you to try all the weapons, titans, etc. etc.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, at level 41 on the way to Regenerating again, it is noticeably quicker once the maps are memorized and with the little XP boost you get, but damn the extra Regen challenges you've gotta complete look to be a pain in the ass. Just this 2nd one requires all the challenges for 40mm cannon (slow shooting Titan weapon) and the EVA-8 shotgun...both of which aren't my weapons of choice. I'm a 'give me all the bullets and extended magazines to go Godfather style on him' kinda guy. Satisfying seeing a shotty kill and seeing pilots scamper across walls and just making them pop with the 40mm cannon, but I can safely say when it comes to the other ones like sniper rifle challenges......it's gonna take me a long time lol.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Besides a bigger online penis, what does regeneration give you? Because if its just to have a tag next to your name, its not worth restarting at all. I hate the idea of losing all my shit because of that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Other than the tag and achievement/trophy associated with it, faster XP each time (first time you do it, you'll start to earn 110%, then 120%, 130% and so on).

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Regent is stupid but it does make me a better player reusing everything again. I'm already beastly at this game, maybe too beastly . Does the matchmaking put you up against other regens? Maybe the competition is getting too light and I should start regening more often

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm not entirely sure of the matchmaking...I'm almost at Regen 4 and I think it might be a case of the game being out long enough now that more and more people are doing it, not to mention that most maps are pretty well known by now, that is making it more competitive?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Jump kick melee is the best. It's up there with one of the best melees ever next to the reverse pistol smack in halo 1, and the shotgun elbow swipe from gears of war
    Last edited by Rabbit; 03-24-2014 at 05:14 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    and the shotgun elbow swipe from gears of war
    I hate the two piece!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I hate the two piece!
    Best thing about the original gears. They reuned that franchise. Just as bungie created one of the most iconic fps weapons on accident with the original 3 shot pistol, epic stumbled upon the shotgun in gears 1. But unlike bungie which at least introduced another albeit weaker iconic gun in the BR, epic nerfed the whole thing. Once they decided to "fix" the game for gears 2 and make it play how they intended "pop up and out, shoot and take cover" it collapsed into mediocrity.

This is why I give guys like zampenella from infinity ward now respawn immense credit. "Cliffy b" was too stupid to realize what he had on his hands with gears 1 and subsequently went on to f/ck with the core formula. Z and those guys knew they had something special and sought not to tinker with that even when dropping giant mechs onto the playing field . the core of what made their games great are still intact
    Last edited by Rabbit; 03-24-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Best thing about the original gears. They reuned that franchise. Just as bungie created one of the most iconic fps weapons on accident with the original 3 shot pistol, epic stumbled upon the shotgun in gears 1. But unlike bungie which at least introduced another albeit weaker iconic gun in the BR, epic nerfed the whole thing. Once they decided to "fix" the game for gears 2 and make it play how they intended "pop up and out, shoot and take cover" it collapsed into mediocrity.

This is why I give guys like zampenella from infinity ward now respawn immense credit. "Cliffy b" was too stupid to realize what he had on his hands with gears 1 and subsequently went on to f/ck with the core formula. Z and those guys knew they had something special and sought not to tinker with that even when dropping giant mechs onto the playing field the core of what made their games great are still intact
    I disagree. Gears 1 is fantastic, even now. Gears 2 is dogshit. Gears 3 is flawless and bets gameplay you'll ever get. Judgment was rehashed 3 with unnecessary tweaks.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I disagree. Gears 1 is fantastic, even now. Gears 2 is dogshit. Gears 3 is flawless and bets gameplay you'll ever get. Judgment was rehashed 3 with unnecessary tweaks.
    You disagree with what? Gears 1 is the only great game in that franchise. Gears two was so bad it didn't matter how improved gears 3 was, which was still no where close to gears 1. Gears 1 was perfect, all they needed were servers . Let's see if the franchise can be saved by Microsoft

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    You disagree with what? Gears 1 is the only great game in that franchise. Gears two was so bad it didn't matter how improved gears 3 was, which was still no where close to gears 1. Gears 1 was perfect, all they needed were servers . Let's see if the franchise can be saved by Microsoft
    That you said after first game it became crap and mediocre.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Servers are screwy again

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ah... The wonderful world of online only gaming, with absolutely no local multiplayer or custom matchmaking.

As a die hard gamer im use to this sort of thing, but when I bring my friends over and they ask if we can play Titanfall/Dead Space 3/whatever online together and the answer is "no". They get so confused and think its unquestionably stupid.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Ah... The wonderful world of online only gaming, with absolutely no local multiplayer or custom matchmaking.

As a die hard gamer im use to this sort of thing, but when I bring my friends over and they ask if we can play Titanfall/Dead Space 3/whatever online together and the answer is "no". They get so confused and think its unquestionably stupid.
    Well to be fair I remember this argument during halo 3. They insisted on keeping the split screen (rightfully so at the time) and the graphics suffered because of it . I'd rather have a better looking game than split screen gaming.

However, not even being able to do anything offline is a bit much

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Halo 4 looks spectacular for multiplayer on that generation and features 4 way split screen and downright wacky levels of game customization. To a group of people hanging out in the same room, the slightly better game is going to.lose to the game with local multiplayer every time. And im a pretty big graphics advocate. Why do the big wigs wan to abandon this market? I dont think ill ever get it.

I love titanfall but some options would be nice.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 03-26-2014 at 04:08 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Halo 4 looks spectacular for multiplayer on that generation and features 4 way split screen and downright wacky levels of game customization. To a group of people hanging out in the same room, the slightly better game is going to.lose to the game with local multiplayer every time. And im a pretty big graphics advocate. Why do the big wigs wan to abandon this market? I dont think ill ever get it.

I love titanfall but some options would be nice.
    it had split screen online multiplayer ?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    it had split screen online multiplayer ?
    Yes it did.