Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 169

Thread: Titanfall

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,342
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Theyve done a pretty good job here of making the game fun even if you arent doing well. Also, fun and success are not contingent on whether or not you have a titan.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,165
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    True dat. I think that there's a good 75% of the time I put it to follow mode...seems to be a better strategy to run and gun with your giant bodyguard shooting too lol.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,561
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Theyve done a pretty good job here of making the game fun even if you arent doing well. Also, fun and success are not contingent on whether or not you have a titan.
    I would enjoy it more if the kills for the grunts/spectres/AI actually meant something. They're just there to soak up bullets for shitty players which for some reason I am one in this game. I'm absolutely terrible. 150% terrible. I went negative every match and pretty much get killed by 4 bullets while people I shoot soak up a clip and still don't drop. My aim isn't shit but honestly, maybe my playing was off because it's late but I still found it fun enough minus the losses. I played 6 matches tonight. 3 Attrition, 1 Domination and 2 Last Titan Standing. I won one match all night. Lost every single other one. Looks like my luck of being on the losing team still follows me around. Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, Transformers, Battlefield…I'm always on the losing team, almost every match. It's so frustrating.

    I suck at the Titan gameplay so besides achievements, I doubt I'll ever touch that Last Titan Standing game mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    True dat. I think that there's a good 75% of the time I put it to follow mode...seems to be a better strategy to run and gun with your giant bodyguard shooting too lol.
    I've started doing that, it provides enough distraction and support to get gunfire away from you.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-16-2014 at 04:07 AM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Seattle/Panama City, Panama
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not bad! Pretty fun game overall.

    It has the COD influence can't denied that(not surprised of course) but I like the really fast pace of the game and how it plays even if I've been sucking it. I was playing with my buddy and we won like I think 3 or 4 matches in the 3 or 4 plus hours we played. Can't wait to see what the full version has in store. The two maps from the Beta were pretty good in size and what they offered. I need to def get better being in the Titan lol.

    Btw love the after match sequence when you are either retreating or chasing the losers lol. Fun game def makes me excited for it. Didn't really have too many server issues. I agree with you Wretchedest even if you suck at this game it is still just fun.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,041
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I had a good two games a bit ago. 12 pilot kills and 5 titan kills with just 3 deaths in one and the other I had about 5 pilot kills with 6 titan kills and 4 deaths.

    March 11 cannot come soon enough.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,165
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Running out of challenges to unlock haha, gonna be a bummer to have to do them all again.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,041
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Agreed.

    I can't wait to use different titans. This game. It may be getting some slack, but is fucking fun.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,342
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Certain burn cards let you play as the other chassis. Ive only been able to try the stryder but it was very fun.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Seattle/Panama City, Panama
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...blow-your-mind

    Lol that's kinda crazy guess besides dealing with the human and bot element you might also have to deal with monsters. Also the Beta has been extended until tomorrow night I believe.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,342
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Finally go the Ogre burn card which led to a 7-4-0 game. Awesome stuff.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,165
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah the Ogre is way better than the Strider...that thing's weak as hell.

    Another pro tip: In Angel City, make for the rooftops immediately (especially in Attrition)...you'd be surprised how easy cloaking and firing rockets at opposing titans is...

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,342
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yeah the Ogre is way better than the Strider...that thing's weak as hell.

    Another pro tip: In Angel City, make for the rooftops immediately (especially in Attrition)...you'd be surprised how easy cloaking and firing rockets at opposing titans is...
    Angel city tends to be a constant fight for the rooftops until titanfall because you can fun anybody up from those really high ones.

    I actually like the strider because i play in a way that requires me to bail all the time, so three boosts and extra speed is great... But that ogre lasted forever, in part because i got it at the start of the match. I didnt get a chance to see eithers abilities....

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,041
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    So I had this really awesome moment in the game where I almost didnt make it.

    I had to add commentary to describe what I was feeling at the moment.


  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,561
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Haha that's so good!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,342
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Ok, i kept trying to record my good matches but could only get xbox to record theblast 30 seconds of whenever i told it to record... Is there a way to go further. Ack? Ps4 lets me go hack fifteen minutes and take screenshots....

    I had a match with 14 pilots 6 titans and 0deaths i really wanted to keep.

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,041
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    When you say ' Xbox record that'. Once it starts recording , say ' Xbox snap game DVR". From there you can end the clip and have it capture up to 5 min.

    I don't understand why they can't just give you an option to set a default time. I think a min should be default and edit whatever you don't need out.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,165
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Prestige system is called 'Generations', 10 generations (for now of course) total, requiring a player hitting level 50 to initiate.

    Info and pics of the badges.

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,041
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    To be honest. The call of duty likeness is ok because it reminds me of the last good cod game( mw1) so it's not a bummer. Just hope the cod crowd stays where they at because this is more team based.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,165
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Achievement List leaked.




    Also, while it could of course change, beta code diggers have found that you'll need to meet requirements to hit the next generation. For example, you hit Level 50, regenerate ('prestige'), and away you go....second time and the other times after that...hit level 50 AND meet the requirements before you can regenerate again. All requirements based on challenges (the five tiers you get bonuses for in-game like shotgun kills, distance traveled, etc. etc.) Good idea because it makes you use all the weapons more instead of just sticking with the same rifle all the time.

    Requirements list. (too long to paste)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 02-21-2014 at 04:58 PM.

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,561
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Fairly easy list but some are entirely luck based and I hate when multiplayer achievements do that.

    Either, I'll get massive G in this game. Wish those were real G's then I'd be happier, hah heh. Meh.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    445
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    TitanFall bundle will be $499. Doesn't include the titan fall controller but it will have TitanFall as a digital download for no additional cost.

    Also, $50 price drop for the UK.

    Good stuff.

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,561
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    TitanFall bundle will be $499. Doesn't include the titan fall controller but it will have TitanFall as a digital download for no additional cost.

    Also, $50 price drop for the UK.

    Good stuff.


    * Standard Xbox One console and Kinect sensor
    * Standard Xbox One wireless controller
    * Standard Xbox One Chat Headset
    * Download code for a digital copy of Titanfall
    * One month Xbox Live Gold membership

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kinnelon, NJ
    Posts
    839
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm seriously considering the Titanfall Xbox One bundle.

    Admittedly, the online-only nature of the game is a little bit of a turn off (there's absolutely no offline single player, correct?) but it still looks great.

    Anyone else considering this bundle? Trying hard to justify it, but how much the does the Xbox One do that the 360 doesn't? I love my 360, and it's hard for me to imagine what else I'd want from it.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,041
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    You won't be putting your 360 away anytime soon so you have no worries. The deal is a steal seeing that you get a brand new game for free.

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,342
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    I'm seriously considering the Titanfall Xbox One bundle.

    Admittedly, the online-only nature of the game is a little bit of a turn off (there's absolutely no offline single player, correct?) but it still looks great.

    Anyone else considering this bundle? Trying hard to justify it, but how much the does the Xbox One do that the 360 doesn't? I love my 360, and it's hard for me to imagine what else I'd want from it.
    Im sure the X1 version looks substantially better. It looks great on mine, and theres no way 360 is going to produce those results.

    Also, with these kind of games, there is just no reason to have a single.player. what usually amounts to a 4-5 hour single.player campaign pales in comparison to the hundreds you can pour into multiplayer.

    Having both systems, if your looking to buy a next gen console, Titanfall is the only reason to go with X1 over ps4 if its a one or the other kind of thing. Ps4 is a little tighter, has much greater power and will have better exclusives as far as narrative driven single player games are concerned. From what I understand, theyre planning a similar bundle for the upcoming Infamous games.

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,165
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Speaking of how it looks (which is near the bottom on the list of things I care about in a game haha), rumors abound that it's going to be scaled up on the One to 1080p.

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    445
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Speaking of how it looks (which is near the bottom on the list of things I care about in a game haha), rumors abound that it's going to be scaled up on the One to 1080p.
    Aren't all of them scaled up? Respawn squashed the native 1080p rumors already, it may end up 900p native because they have confirmed it will be higher than 720p. A locked in 60 frames per second is way more important to me than 1080p vs 720p (at least for shooters).

    I know a lot of 360 users jumping on this bundle. There's just nothing else for shooter fans coming out like it. Destiny? i doubt it.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,165
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    A lot of them yeah. Frankly, it doesn't bother me too much...apparently graphics will be a step up from the beta and I found those graphics more than adequate...so it's all gravy.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    445
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm ok with this game being 720p. I like to game on a 32inch and no higher, and my current tv is only a 720p anyway. Not in the mood to buy a new tv until next year.

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,165
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Posting Permissions