Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Failure

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    These are only unreleased (rerecordings of) songs from the 90s, correct?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    These are only unreleased (rerecordings of) songs from the 90s, correct?
    Solaris 2014 is here too

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    So, for anyone who has the digital versions of the remastered albums, is there any major improvement over the originals?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    So, for anyone who has the digital versions of the remastered albums, is there any major improvement over the originals?
    Comfort and Magnified are entirely new mixes.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I won't say major, there are some issues. It's louder, more in the vein of their recent output.
    I'm not suggesting that you stay away from it, but I can't recommend it either.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    So do we know to which albums those outtakes belong?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I believe there have been re-recordings of some tracks too. The guys are all so pro at what they do you don’t notice it but I recall both the first two albums might have had a couple of things re-tracked.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Looks like i missed something, is greg part of puscifer too now???

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    Looks like i missed something, is greg part of puscifer too now???
    Yup, he’s part of this lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man, we are never going to get another Autolux album!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    Man, we are never going to get another Autolux album!
    Someday... I know they're releasing Future Perfect on vinyl soon. Just not recording...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I thought they were working on stuff? Didn't they post some teasers?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They are set to re-release it through Jack White's imprit. Which makes sense, if not only for the fact JW did their live album (with the decidedly, ultimate, version of Reappearing).

They also re-released it themselves in a deluxe version, with a photo, something singed, and the best was the CD of the other demos from that era we had not heard. I also have the original vinyl pressing. Plan to get this one too!!

(Also, they re-released "Transit Transit" themselves on Bandcamp. Interesting.)

Nevertheless, Jack White is doing some upholstery for their new studio space. So things tick, tick, tick away!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Ken released an new solo EP on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/2MtKaIaXZgok297WbkwKkF

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the solo EP. Great stuff... but I'd expect nothing less from Ken.

Man, watching Trump-loving NIN and Failure "fans" lose their shit on social media was a form of entertainment I wasn't expecting to encounter today.

It always boggles my mind when people get pissed at artists for using THEIR art to express THEIR thoughts/opinions. Equally perplexing is when they're shocked to learn that the person who wrote "Head Like a Hole" and the entire Year Zero album is a progressive. Granted, Ken hasn't been political in the past, but c'mon now... this shit isn't exactly hard to figure out.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just bought the digital set. Only had time to enjoy the new mix of Comfort, and IMO the improvements are huge. Submission and Swallow are particularly impressive. Huge and ballsy. And I actually like the original Albini version a lot. But the songs are so good and they totally deserve this reworking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just bought the digital set. Only had time to enjoy the new mix of Comfort, and IMO the improvements are huge. Submission and Swallow are particularly impressive. Huge and ballsy. And I actually like the original Albini version a lot. But the songs are so good and they totally deserve this reworking.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    So i've been listening to this band like crazy the last couple of days.

I just discovered "Fantastic Planet" last year and now i'm in love with all their stuff, so i decided to go for the vinyl boxset previously shown and now it's gone from the store (only the digital version remains).

I'm so angry, i still buy physical media, but their albums are insanely priced (not counting the shipping in my case), i was SO late for the party...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    New Failure album:

Courtesy of Reddit
    Last edited by virushopper; 11-11-2021 at 11:44 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Yess!! Time to get hyped.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Happy Failure Friday! New song rules…..juicy bass, piercing guitar tones, and great melodies as usual. Kind of reminds me of the last half of Fantastic Planet (Heliotropic mixed with Another Space Song perhaps). Can’t wait to further indulge tonight over Sazeracs and Parliaments. Andrews/Edwards are truly the Lennon/McCartney of space rock. December 3rd can’t come soon enough. Here’s to hoping the Magnified shows get rescheduled.

On an unrelated note, the great Kelli Scott must be hard up for money….because he is offering his services to the public ($200 per song). He is currently sitting on some heavy shit I wrote back in the post-grunge years; can’t wait to see what he does with it.
    Last edited by Failure; 11-12-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    So happy this guys are still around...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Ooh! Cancel my appointments for the next hour.

(They still do the best cover of "Enjoy the Silence.")

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    On an unrelated note, the great Kelli Scott must be hard up for money….because he is offering his services to the public ($200 per song). He is currently sitting on some heavy shit I wrote back in the post-grunge years; can’t wait to see what he does with it.
    That wasn't the vibe I got. I just assumed he was in the studio doing Failure stuff (and other session work) and was interested in collaborating with others. That said... did I take him up on it?

Fuck yes, I did:

We've got a new track in the works, and if he's free, we'll probably hit him up for that one, too. Whether money or art was the primary motivator, having Kellii fucking Scott of Failure drum on a track of ours was a dream come true, to say the least.

Post your track when you get it back. I'll bet he rocked that shit.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Holy hell, that track absolutely crushes. Well done...thoroughly impressed. Any plan to put Vox on this one? Wonder if Ken will lay it down for an additional $200. Ha.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Holy hell, that track absolutely crushes. Well done...thoroughly impressed. Any plan to put Vox on this one? Wonder if Ken will lay it down for an additional $200. Ha.
    Hahaha! That would be badass.

Yeah, I think we’ll add vocals, though I’m not the singer.

Thanks for the kudos. Glad you dug it!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    New track - SubMarines