Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Failure

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Failure fans and anyone who bought tickets to any of the nine shows the band was scheduled to perform this July 2020. All nine shows are officially cancelled. The band have been planning and preparing to do the shows, but the reality is concerts like this are not going to be safe well past July, and may not be allowed to comeback until wide adoption of a vaccine is in place. Although the band does plan to eventually reschedule these shows, we feel it would be a mistake to reschedule them at this point, when there is no realistic way of knowing when concerts will be safe again. We are very aware that many ticket holders for these shows also have travel and accommodation bookings to contend with and we donít want you to have to deal with rescheduling all of that twice. As soon as the path forward for safe concerts becomes clearer, we will rebook these shows. The band wants everyone to know how disappointed we are that these shows are cancelled, but in the big picture this is just a delay, and these shows will eventually happen.

In the meantime, some good news to report. The band just received a second set of test pressings from the plant that is manufacturing the Failure 1992-1996 Box Set and they sound great! We are approving them and hope to see the Box Set move into production next week! Stay tuned.

-Failure
    Bummer

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Bummer
    At least the boxsets seem to be a go. That's something.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post

And here is the full 4K version of the video restored from 16mm elements. It looks so beautiful, I want to cry:

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Concerning the digital bonus download to the long title album: From which songs are the offered stems? And do I still receive that link when I buy the album in their store?

'Cause I bought the album digitally when it came out, but I'm willing to buy it again if that means I'll get the link to the bonus stuff. Doing remixes and so on...
    anyone willing/able to comment on this?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Why is it that new albums keep getting released on vinyl no problem, but the Failure boxset that was announced back in, what? December? has been delayed indefinitely? I know it's not the band's fault, but they seem to have the worst fucking luck with this kind of shit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Why is it that new albums keep getting released on vinyl no problem, but the Failure boxset that was announced back in, what? December? has been delayed indefinitely? I know it's not the band's fault, but they seem to have the worst fucking luck with this kind of shit.
    Not necessarily true. Steven Wilson was supposed to have an album out this month and delayed until January because of this. This isn't just a Failure issue.

My issue is the lack of communication. I didn't even learn of the delay until release day.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It hasnít been delayed indefinitely. They talked about getting the test pressing recently.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    It hasnít been delayed indefinitely. They talked about getting the test pressing recently.
    Which I think they approved. Maybe already producing the boxsets now. So ready to hear these records.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Which I think they approved. Maybe already producing the boxsets now. So ready to hear these records.
    I bought the digital downloads and they sound amazing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I've heard them a little bit. They definitely got some punch.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Except for that little glitch that bothers me to death, the transition between Moth and Frogs. There's a click.
    I fixed it myself, but can anybody else confirm that I'm not the only one with this problem?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Ever wonder how Ken got that deep bass tone in "Distorted Fields"?

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Brand new 2020 re-recording of "Enjoy the Silence"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Last edited by virushopper; 07-11-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Vinyl update.

Basically, the boxes have been pressed and are en route from the Czech Republic to the US by sea. Meaning, the boxes won't arrive in the US until late August, so won't be getting into our hands until September.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Vinyl update.

Basically, the boxes have been pressed and are en route from the Czech Republic to the US by sea. Meaning, the boxes won't arrive in the US until late August, so won't be getting into our hands until September.
    So they use Pirates Press too like nearly everyone else

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    ^ TIL they press over 60% of all new records worldwide.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)