Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Failure

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    It's wonderful how they came back and haven't put a foot wrong, produced 2 records that stand up there with the rest of their discography. I often find myself surrounded by friends who claim no band who ever reformed put anything good out, but I can cite Failure alone as proof that that is bullshit. Long fucking live Failure!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They're one of the few bands that have yet to really let me down. After so many years, they just pick back up and are as good as before, if not better. It's amazing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    anyone hear that podcast with Kelli? It was with Smells Like Infinite Sadness. some of my highlights:

- Album artwork and Title were decided upon before every song was written.
    - Only had EP1 & 2 "written" when they started
    - Ken pretty much had Distorted Fields fully written and per Kelli done (even drum patterns)
    - Kelli had other drummers confirm that Ken's drum beats on the song were impossible to be played by a human!
    - all drums on album are Kelli playing it! Zero triggers etc. Crazy to think about when you hear the album again.

After listening to the album again, Kelli is the unsung Hero. the drumming is crazy amazing!

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I like this even more than the last one. Great album.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone know if the vinyl is going to be available to purchase through any usual outlets or if it will be exclusive to the kickstarter thing?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    im sure itll be available. THIAAM vinyl is available now. The only one that wasnt was FP live. that was totally exclusive i think.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Per a kickstarter update, the vinyl is being pressed and as soon as they have an estimated delivery date they'll post it. Tour will be announced this week.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    THEY JUST ANNOUNCED THEY’RE PLAYING IN LAWRENCE ON APRIL 12TH WITH SWERVEDRIVER AND I JUST SCREAMED LIKE A BITCH AT WORK.

Eyes on social media for more announcements happening!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Fuck, of course they're playing NY on the same night I already have tickets to something else. Ah well, at least I've already seen them twice, but damn I really would've liked to have gone again.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Well this kind of sucks. How can such an extensive tour be announced so close to the actual dates? And does Failure really need another co-headline situation (like when half of the audience left after HUM finished their set back in 2015)? And why does nobody play in Manhattan anymore? Unless you live in Brooklyn, it might as well be the moon. I am pissed. This was really the only exciting musical event I had on the radar for 2019. Well, besides holding my breath for Tool and Deftones releases.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Im out of the country on vacation when they hit sf this sucks, I was looking forward to seeing them again

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I love living in Atlanta now. They come to town! Not like in Miami!!! I’ll be there

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Goddamnit, I am on tour the entire time they are (and basically opposite sides of the country). I was literally just thinking this morning that they'd be my "I'll go out of town on my break to see a show" band if they had anything lined up. Son of a bitch!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    https://www.facebook.com/Failureband...14126502071680

More dates to be announced tomorrow, it seems.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It BAFFLES me how many bands do the VIP thing but require you to buy a ticket separately. That makes no sense to me.

That being said, definitely gonna try to get a VIP package for the Lawrence show, possibly going to the Denver show as well. Still can’t believe I’ll be seeing them a second time in THIS town, let alone that I’m seeing them at all after their pre-THIAM hiatus. They’ve really kept the ball rolling since their comeback.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Good interview. Interesting to hear about the early years.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    ^ Yes, that was a fascinating listen!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thinking about that interview, the interviewer brings up a good point that not many people ever talk about: Ken really has a very unique one of a kind singing voices out there. I mean, Greg is great too, but like Autolux proves, he has two other people that can sound exactly like him...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ugh. Fuck you, PledgeMusic.

"To our fans:
    Over the past four years we've run three successful presale campaigns with Pledge Music (The Heart Is A Monster, Fantastic Planet vinyl and Fantastic Planet Live). Through these campaigns we've been able to provide our fans with music, art, and experiences that have worked well for our fans, and therefore, for us. Unfortunately this is no longer the case..."

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThermionicScott View Post
    Ugh. Fuck you, PledgeMusic.

"To our fans:
    Over the past four years we've run three successful presale campaigns with Pledge Music (The Heart Is A Monster, Fantastic Planet vinyl and Fantastic Planet Live). Through these campaigns we've been able to provide our fans with music, art, and experiences that have worked well for our fans, and therefore, for us. Unfortunately this is no longer the case..."
    ... is there more to that post and do you have a link to the original?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    ... is there more to that post and do you have a link to the original?
    Got an email from Failure last night (I had pre-ordered the new LP). Here's the full text:

"To our fans:

Over the past four years we've run three successful presale campaigns with Pledge Music (The Heart Is A Monster, Fantastic Planet vinyl and Fantastic Planet Live). Through these campaigns we've been able to provide our fans with music, art, and experiences that have worked well for our fans, and therefore, for us. Unfortunately this is no longer the case.

We are now at the point where we should be preparing to ship the orders from the campaign for our new album, In The Future Your Body Will Be The Furthest Thing From Your Mind. However, Pledge Music is now experiencing financial problems resulting in a suspension of their services and an inability to satisfy their obligations to us, making it impossible to fulfill your order.

We've thought long and hard on how to solve this problem and to help those who have been so supportive of us. If you bought a digital download of the album, you received your order last year. But for all of the supporters who bought a physical record, CD, or other physical item, we suggest you call your credit card company or your bank card provider and dispute the charges.

We will be offering the heavyweight signed double vinyl, regular double vinyl, and signed CDs, as well as some of the other items from the campaign on our upcoming tour which starts on March 11. We hope to have these and other items available through our own e-commerce store, www.failurebandmerch.com, very soon.

We are so very sorry for the bad situation we are currently in together.

Failure"
    Last edited by ThermionicScott; 03-05-2019 at 10:53 AM. Reason: minor clarification

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Wow, that sucks big fat monkey balls. Glad I pre-ordered through their own store (...checking...) almost exactly a year ago. Hope it comes through soon and everyone that PledgeMusic charged will get their money back.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Heard about the shit going on with Pledge and am glad I never bothered with them this time around. I ordered a t-shirt package from them for the Fantastic Planet Live thing they did and ended up cancelling it. Can't remember why, but there was something I didn't like about it at the time. Hope everyone who ordered from them gets their money back without too much hassle.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Everything I'm reading (which is admittedly about a month old at this point) is that Pledge Music is asking for patience as they explore partnerships and acquisitions that will help to bring their accounts current by the end of April. Right now I'm down about $90 between this and the new Ladytron vinyl, and I'm not sure how much patience I have left? (The Failure album was purchased almost exactly a year ago). I bank with Chase; I'm sure they are aware of what's been going on with Pledge Music so hopefully they'll be easy to work with regarding getting refunded if that's the route I want to take, and then they can attack these assholes head on.

As pissed off as I am to be waiting this long with no product and out almost $100, there's probably hundreds of artists that are owed perhaps tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. This whole thing is a catastrophic mess.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Everything I'm reading (which is admittedly about a month old at this point) is that Pledge Music is asking for patience as they explore partnerships and acquisitions that will help to bring their accounts current by the end of April. Right now I'm down about $90 between this and the new Ladytron vinyl, and I'm not sure how much patience I have left? (The Failure album was purchased almost exactly a year ago). I bank with Chase; I'm sure they are aware of what's been going on with Pledge Music so hopefully they'll be easy to work with regarding getting refunded if that's the route I want to take, and then they can attack these assholes head on.

As pissed off as I am to be waiting this long with no product and out almost $100, there's probably hundreds of artists that are owed perhaps tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. This whole thing is a catastrophic mess.
    You shouldn't wait on any more updates or news from the bands you follow or from Pedge itself. You should dispute the charges immediately. If Failure is telling you to dispute, then thats what you should do. This is not gonna end up ok for Pledge. They're done imo.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    You shouldn't wait on any more updates or news from the bands you follow or from Pedge itself. You should dispute the charges immediately. If Failure is telling you to dispute, then thats what you should do. This is not gonna end up ok for Pledge. They're done imo.
    Yes. When the band is telling you to dispute charges, get it done yesterday because that shit isn't going to end well. It may be a period of time depending on their contract being voided through legal means or a label buyout before new physical products are agreed upon and manufactured. Therefore, only way to protect you the consumer is to dispute with your bank ASAP.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Pledge has also been dicking around with orders of ohGr's most recent album.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    “They took the money and ran...” I asked them through IG. Dick move Pledge...