Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Failure

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Failure fans and anyone who bought tickets to any of the nine shows the band was scheduled to perform this July 2020. All nine shows are officially cancelled. The band have been planning and preparing to do the shows, but the reality is concerts like this are not going to be safe well past July, and may not be allowed to comeback until wide adoption of a vaccine is in place. Although the band does plan to eventually reschedule these shows, we feel it would be a mistake to reschedule them at this point, when there is no realistic way of knowing when concerts will be safe again. We are very aware that many ticket holders for these shows also have travel and accommodation bookings to contend with and we don’t want you to have to deal with rescheduling all of that twice. As soon as the path forward for safe concerts becomes clearer, we will rebook these shows. The band wants everyone to know how disappointed we are that these shows are cancelled, but in the big picture this is just a delay, and these shows will eventually happen.

In the meantime, some good news to report. The band just received a second set of test pressings from the plant that is manufacturing the Failure 1992-1996 Box Set and they sound great! We are approving them and hope to see the Box Set move into production next week! Stay tuned.

-Failure
    Bummer

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Bummer
    At least the boxsets seem to be a go. That's something.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post

And here is the full 4K version of the video restored from 16mm elements. It looks so beautiful, I want to cry:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Concerning the digital bonus download to the long title album: From which songs are the offered stems? And do I still receive that link when I buy the album in their store?

'Cause I bought the album digitally when it came out, but I'm willing to buy it again if that means I'll get the link to the bonus stuff. Doing remixes and so on...
    anyone willing/able to comment on this?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Why is it that new albums keep getting released on vinyl no problem, but the Failure boxset that was announced back in, what? December? has been delayed indefinitely? I know it's not the band's fault, but they seem to have the worst fucking luck with this kind of shit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Why is it that new albums keep getting released on vinyl no problem, but the Failure boxset that was announced back in, what? December? has been delayed indefinitely? I know it's not the band's fault, but they seem to have the worst fucking luck with this kind of shit.
    Not necessarily true. Steven Wilson was supposed to have an album out this month and delayed until January because of this. This isn't just a Failure issue.

My issue is the lack of communication. I didn't even learn of the delay until release day.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It hasn’t been delayed indefinitely. They talked about getting the test pressing recently.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    It hasn’t been delayed indefinitely. They talked about getting the test pressing recently.
    Which I think they approved. Maybe already producing the boxsets now. So ready to hear these records.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Which I think they approved. Maybe already producing the boxsets now. So ready to hear these records.
    I bought the digital downloads and they sound amazing.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've heard them a little bit. They definitely got some punch.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Except for that little glitch that bothers me to death, the transition between Moth and Frogs. There's a click.
    I fixed it myself, but can anybody else confirm that I'm not the only one with this problem?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Ever wonder how Ken got that deep bass tone in "Distorted Fields"?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Brand new 2020 re-recording of "Enjoy the Silence"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Last edited by virushopper; 07-11-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Vinyl update.

Basically, the boxes have been pressed and are en route from the Czech Republic to the US by sea. Meaning, the boxes won't arrive in the US until late August, so won't be getting into our hands until September.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Vinyl update.

Basically, the boxes have been pressed and are en route from the Czech Republic to the US by sea. Meaning, the boxes won't arrive in the US until late August, so won't be getting into our hands until September.
    So they use Pirates Press too like nearly everyone else

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ TIL they press over 60% of all new records worldwide.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Looks like these sumbitches should be shipping out any day now. Finally!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

After 9 long months and several delays, it is finally here! Can't wait to crack into this box set tonight. Especially looking forward to listening to the bonus stuff.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

After 9 long months and several delays, it is finally here! Can't wait to crack into this box set tonight. Especially looking forward to listening to the bonus stuff.
    Nice! Hopefully get mine any day now as well.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Is the bonus disc gonna be added to the digital box set download now that it’s out? Thought I had read that somewhere.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Is the bonus disc gonna be added to the digital box set download now that it’s out? Thought I had read that somewhere.
    Now that you mention it, I could've sworn I got an email with a link to download the bonus disc when my order shipped, but now I can't seem to find it in my inbox or my deleted messages. Wondering if I just dreamed it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Now that you mention it, I could've sworn I got an email with a link to download the bonus disc when my order shipped, but now I can't seem to find it in my inbox or my deleted messages. Wondering if I just dreamed it.
    Wait, there's no download code inside the box?
    I never got an email with a download link with the bonus disc, ever. Just a shipping confirmation.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Wait, there's no download code inside the box?
    I never got an email with a download link with the bonus disc, ever. Just a shipping confirmation.
    I guess i dreamed it. But no, there's no download code in the box. I thought when they sent out the links to the 3 albums a few months ago they said they would send the download link to the bonus stuff after the boxes start arriving in people's hands, didn't they?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I guess i dreamed it. But no, there's no download code in the box. I thought when they sent out the links to the 3 albums a few months ago they said they would send the download link to the bonus stuff after the boxes start arriving in people's hands, didn't they?
    That's exactly what they said. Sent an email to Hello Merch and asked them what's happening.
    After the Magnified glitch/click issue they've ignored my emails, so if you don't mind can you send one too?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just received a reply from Hello Merch, with the complete box download link.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just received a reply from Hello Merch, with the complete box download link.
    with the bonus disk?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    with the bonus disk?
    Yes, with the bonus materials.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yes, with the bonus materials.
    Thank you for the heads up! Listening now.