Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Failure

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Good interview. Interesting to hear about the early years.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    ^ Yes, that was a fascinating listen!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thinking about that interview, the interviewer brings up a good point that not many people ever talk about: Ken really has a very unique one of a kind singing voices out there. I mean, Greg is great too, but like Autolux proves, he has two other people that can sound exactly like him...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ugh. Fuck you, PledgeMusic.

"To our fans:
    Over the past four years we've run three successful presale campaigns with Pledge Music (The Heart Is A Monster, Fantastic Planet vinyl and Fantastic Planet Live). Through these campaigns we've been able to provide our fans with music, art, and experiences that have worked well for our fans, and therefore, for us. Unfortunately this is no longer the case..."

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThermionicScott View Post
    Ugh. Fuck you, PledgeMusic.

"To our fans:
    Over the past four years we've run three successful presale campaigns with Pledge Music (The Heart Is A Monster, Fantastic Planet vinyl and Fantastic Planet Live). Through these campaigns we've been able to provide our fans with music, art, and experiences that have worked well for our fans, and therefore, for us. Unfortunately this is no longer the case..."
    ... is there more to that post and do you have a link to the original?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    ... is there more to that post and do you have a link to the original?
    Got an email from Failure last night (I had pre-ordered the new LP). Here's the full text:

"To our fans:

Over the past four years we've run three successful presale campaigns with Pledge Music (The Heart Is A Monster, Fantastic Planet vinyl and Fantastic Planet Live). Through these campaigns we've been able to provide our fans with music, art, and experiences that have worked well for our fans, and therefore, for us. Unfortunately this is no longer the case.

We are now at the point where we should be preparing to ship the orders from the campaign for our new album, In The Future Your Body Will Be The Furthest Thing From Your Mind. However, Pledge Music is now experiencing financial problems resulting in a suspension of their services and an inability to satisfy their obligations to us, making it impossible to fulfill your order.

We've thought long and hard on how to solve this problem and to help those who have been so supportive of us. If you bought a digital download of the album, you received your order last year. But for all of the supporters who bought a physical record, CD, or other physical item, we suggest you call your credit card company or your bank card provider and dispute the charges.

We will be offering the heavyweight signed double vinyl, regular double vinyl, and signed CDs, as well as some of the other items from the campaign on our upcoming tour which starts on March 11. We hope to have these and other items available through our own e-commerce store, www.failurebandmerch.com, very soon.

We are so very sorry for the bad situation we are currently in together.

Failure"
    Last edited by ThermionicScott; 03-05-2019 at 10:53 AM. Reason: minor clarification

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Wow, that sucks big fat monkey balls. Glad I pre-ordered through their own store (...checking...) almost exactly a year ago. Hope it comes through soon and everyone that PledgeMusic charged will get their money back.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Heard about the shit going on with Pledge and am glad I never bothered with them this time around. I ordered a t-shirt package from them for the Fantastic Planet Live thing they did and ended up cancelling it. Can't remember why, but there was something I didn't like about it at the time. Hope everyone who ordered from them gets their money back without too much hassle.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Everything I'm reading (which is admittedly about a month old at this point) is that Pledge Music is asking for patience as they explore partnerships and acquisitions that will help to bring their accounts current by the end of April. Right now I'm down about $90 between this and the new Ladytron vinyl, and I'm not sure how much patience I have left? (The Failure album was purchased almost exactly a year ago). I bank with Chase; I'm sure they are aware of what's been going on with Pledge Music so hopefully they'll be easy to work with regarding getting refunded if that's the route I want to take, and then they can attack these assholes head on.

As pissed off as I am to be waiting this long with no product and out almost $100, there's probably hundreds of artists that are owed perhaps tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. This whole thing is a catastrophic mess.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Everything I'm reading (which is admittedly about a month old at this point) is that Pledge Music is asking for patience as they explore partnerships and acquisitions that will help to bring their accounts current by the end of April. Right now I'm down about $90 between this and the new Ladytron vinyl, and I'm not sure how much patience I have left? (The Failure album was purchased almost exactly a year ago). I bank with Chase; I'm sure they are aware of what's been going on with Pledge Music so hopefully they'll be easy to work with regarding getting refunded if that's the route I want to take, and then they can attack these assholes head on.

As pissed off as I am to be waiting this long with no product and out almost $100, there's probably hundreds of artists that are owed perhaps tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. This whole thing is a catastrophic mess.
    You shouldn't wait on any more updates or news from the bands you follow or from Pedge itself. You should dispute the charges immediately. If Failure is telling you to dispute, then thats what you should do. This is not gonna end up ok for Pledge. They're done imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    You shouldn't wait on any more updates or news from the bands you follow or from Pedge itself. You should dispute the charges immediately. If Failure is telling you to dispute, then thats what you should do. This is not gonna end up ok for Pledge. They're done imo.
    Yes. When the band is telling you to dispute charges, get it done yesterday because that shit isn't going to end well. It may be a period of time depending on their contract being voided through legal means or a label buyout before new physical products are agreed upon and manufactured. Therefore, only way to protect you the consumer is to dispute with your bank ASAP.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Pledge has also been dicking around with orders of ohGr's most recent album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    “They took the money and ran...” I asked them through IG. Dick move Pledge...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I caught the tour kickoff in Phoenix a couple of nights ago, and they blew the roof off the place, as always. I picked up the new album on 180 vinyl ($70 - ouch) and this gig poster, which I think is pretty fucking badass:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    I picked up the new album on 180 vinyl ($70 - ouch)
    Was it signed?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwinterskies View Post
    Was it signed?
    No. I wish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    No. I wish.
    God damn. At that price I probably would have taken a gamble on Pledge eventually getting their shit together (and being able to dispute the charge of they don't).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwinterskies View Post
    God damn. At that price I probably would have taken a gamble on Pledge eventually getting their shit together (and being able to dispute the charge of they don't).
    Iím playing both hands. I havenít disputed my Pledge charge... yet.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Had a great time at the show last night. A few things that struck me:

The opening band Criminal Hygeine was kinda forgettable; entertaining dance rock... average-to-fair songs and pandering stage banter. But Swervedriver was great, I didn't really get a sense from their albums of how well they used those guitars stacked up in weird chordal voicings ó reminds me of Keith Richards' observation that two guitars together can sound like an orchestra. They are very old school though, and use quite primitive gear that can be subject to problems in a club stage setting.

Failure's song list was grouped (roughly) by album, which kept things cohesive and provided a good sense of flow over the course of the set: they opened with new songs, did a four song Fantastic Planet mini-set, a couple from Magnified and The Heart Is a Monster, then closed with more new songs followed by a blistering "Heliotropic" then came back for an encore of two tracks off Comfort. So fucking cool!

I noticed this when they last played here, too: their deliberate lack of onstage monitors and amps (everything is mixed in the box for IEMs) frees them up to control the sound better, with far more vocal clarity and less extraneous noise than either of the other two bands had. In addition, they were able to devote stage space to extra gear for really effective light show (like NIN, dropping video content entirely in favour of moving lights swaying and piercing the air in tightly choreographed patterns unique to each song ó as well as really cool blinding-backlit moments with flashing full-spectrum colours).

I dug it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    do they have any of the pledge signed items for sale in the merch?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    do they have any of the pledge signed items for sale in the merch?
    I think I saw signed copies of the new LP for sale, but I never looked at the latest Pledge campaign... so I'm not sure what else you mean?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I think I saw signed copies of the new LP for sale, but I never looked at the latest Pledge campaign... so I'm not sure what else you mean?
    I think they said some of the pledge items would be on sale on tour, signed cds and lps included i would guess, im curious if it's true and if there are any chance for us to get these outside the pledgemusic debacle.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of their merch table the other day and it had the new record signed for $70. I know someone above said they were selling it for $70, which is pretty ridiculous, but if it was signed it might not be as bad of a deal. Unfortunately I don't remember where I saw the picture.

Edit: It's on the bands ig:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvpecr5l09y/

Only $30 for the last record signed though. Now that's a deal I'd jump on. Wish I didn't have to sit out this tour
    Last edited by imail724; 04-04-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post

Only $30 for the last record signed though. Now that's a deal I'd jump on. Wish I didn't have to sit out this tour
    I bought a vinyl copy of THIAM at the Stone Pony show, it was signed and for a very reasonable $30, the only thing is that some of the corners of the packaging were nicked up, slightly bent so that's why the lower price. Really not a big deal at all.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I wanted to pick up one of those signed LPs so badly last night but I just couldn't afford it with RSD happening today. Fingers crossed I have another chance to get one later. Did manage to snag a print though!

And for anyone collecting their show prints, the table had several extra copies of autographed show prints from previous shows on this tour. Might be a good chance to snag some if you want them! I believe they're $50 a piece, or $30 unsigned.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Question for those who have seen this tour, is Swervedriver worth checking out? I never heard of them and wasn't sure if I should go early and wait for Failure.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Question for those who have seen this tour, is Swervedriver worth checking out? I never heard of them and wasn't sure if I should go early and wait for Failure.
    I'd say they are definitely worth checking out. Similar vibe to Failure's, but like I said in my review above, a little more old-school in their approach.