Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Failure

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    But then we could get the inner circle back together. Freese, Lohner, Troy, etc. Might as well throw QOTSA on the roster!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What Makes it Easy is really interesting. I think of it like the “Leo” of this group. A real head scratcher as to how it came about with this group of songs. It’s been the most unique Failure song i’ve ever heard.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I think there really is "too much of a good thing". I don't think I'd want to see all three bands in one night - it would either be sets that are too short and leaving me wanting more of one of them, or 90-120 minutes each, turning into a freaking long concert.

Failure + NIN would be a great pairing. I feel like Failure + APC might be a little too similar for my taste.
    Failure & NIN touring together would rule. They could even bring Autolux as an opening band with Greg seamlessly segueing the first two bands, then maybe have Eugene come back out to guest with NIN on a couple of tracks. This reminds me of what Maynard James Keenan did at his birthday concert...

Anyone who has somehow not heard the new EP yet, just listen to it:
    https://failure.lnk.to/YourBodyWillBe

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It’s odd, Ken has specifically said Carla will veto any Autolux/Failure show. He said it during an AMA on Reddit back for the Last album promo.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Failure & NIN touring together would rule. They could even bring Autolux as an opening band with Greg seamlessly segueing the first two bands, then maybe have Eugene come back out to guest with NIN on a couple of tracks. This reminds me of what Maynard James Keenan did at his birthday concert...

Anyone who has somehow not heard the new EP yet, just listen to it:
    https://failure.lnk.to/YourBodyWillBe

I made a decision with my buddy after hearing the first EP that we'd wait til the whole album comes out before listening to any more. Fuck me, this is harder than I thought. It says on pledge music the due date for the full album is the end of October, which would make sense if they release the next two EPs two months apart as well. Any guesses as to the title of the whole record? IN THE FUTURE YOUR BODY WILL BE.............???

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    are we not due for the 3rd EP yet???

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm guessing Greg playing with apc set it back?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    New EP just dropped. Guess I'm not going to bed yet...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This new EP is pretty fantastic! Heavy and Blind is a standout!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Happy Failure Friday!! Found A Way is crunchy and erect. I think this is the most cohesive of the 3 EP’s. And now that we basically have a complete album’s worth of tunes, it’s also safe to say this is the best release of 2018. Sorry NIN, APC, BRMC, Arctic Monkeys, AIC, STP, Queen Kwong, etc...

Perhaps I am biased though (considering that I’ve been rep’ing this user name on ETS since ‘04).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    this is a really solid album... man... I’m thinking better than THIAM? I’m torn lol!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    “Distorted Fields” is my favorite track after my first two listens.

Each EP has been rock solid, but I agree that this one may be the most cohesive of the three.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    The new EP is solid. Loving "Distorted Fields"

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Only heard it three times so far. It's good (duh!). Not sure if it's the best of the three though. I really like that second one.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    So is there a fourth EP planned or is this supposed to be a trilogy?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    So is there a fourth EP planned or is this supposed to be a trilogy?
    One more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is probably my favorite of all the EPs. Such fleshed out tracks, so much going on, so much emotion. I put all the EPs in a playlist and listened to them all as an album and damn it’s good. Surely my favorite album of any band since THIAM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Liking everything (Segue is pointless though, no?) I heard after one listen.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    last ep/full album out friday!!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    excitement!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    it's here!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just gave it a listen by itself, and then listened to it again in the context of the entire 16-track album. The EP stands on its own, but works better in the grand scheme of the LP. It’s a fitting closing to what’s turned out to be yet another excellent album from a band that has yet to disappoint me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    man, these last 4 songs are so high up there... what a closer!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Happy Failure Friday! Man, this is some dark material. Obviously Ken's divorce weighs heavily on the entire suite of EP's. These guys have never disappointed me though! As most of the great 90's bands continue to fall away, we still have NIN, Failure, Deftones, Radiohead, and QOTSA. Thankful for that...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    @Failure you're a fan???

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yes I am loving this.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Happy Failure Friday! Man, this is some dark material. Obviously Ken's divorce weighs heavily on the entire suite of EP's. These guys have never disappointed me though! As most of the great 90's bands continue to fall away, we still have NIN, Failure, Deftones, Radiohead, and QOTSA. Thankful for that...
    Ugh, I really had no clue about Charlotte and Ken. As a fan of both artists, that really sucks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ah... the album was dark but i figured it came from the mood in general. was this why Greg sang so much in this last EP? love those last 4th songs.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    It’s funny how interchangeable and androgynous Greg sounds amongst Carla/Eugene in Autolux. But he really shined on Mullholand Drive and The Pinneal Electorate is a fucking masterpiece. Sounds like Across The Universe had it been recorded for The White Album.