Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Failure

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I bet they play Coachella.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ. So much for my hopes of finding one for a reasonable price. I can only hope it gets reissued at some point or a used copy pops up at the local record store.

But yeah, the Magnified record does sound fine. Aside from the missing segue, there's really nothing "wrong" with it. The circumstances through which it came about just suck, especially presuming that the band didn't see a dime from this release.

Edit: Just wanted to take a minute to appreciate how awesome this song/album is. The second I played a couple songs off of it for this girl I was talking to a while back and she said, "What the fuck? This is so bad," and THEN told me about how good dubstep is, I knew it wouldn't work.

Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-19-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Bad news, QotSA is playing in Vegas the night of the Failure reunion so it doesn't look like Troy will be part of the live act, although it has been confirmed he has been writing with the band. It is so weird because it is the last night of a leg of the tour for Queens and a one off show for Failure, why not just have one of the shows the day before or after? Oh well, either way I really hope they end up doing an actual tour and come EAST

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    Bad news, QotSA is playing in Vegas the night of the Failure reunion so it doesn't look like Troy will be part of the live act, although it has been confirmed he has been writing with the band. It is so weird because it is the last night of a leg of the tour for Queens and a one off show for Failure, why not just have one of the shows the day before or after? Oh well, either way I really hope they end up doing an actual tour and come EAST
    where was it confirmed that troy is writing with them?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    where was it confirmed that troy is writing with them?

It was posted on the queens forum as it was asked in an interview, interview is not in english though but here it is http://www.bäckstage.ch/music/interv...-uns-emotional

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm going through stuff looking for things to sell and stumbled on something interesting. I have this cardboard box with a black frog silhouette on it. It says "Dissect This" on it, and contains a cassette tape with selections from Magnified. Seems like a neat little promo item. There's still a shipping label with Slash Records' return address on it.

Anybody know if it's worth anything?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renholder View Post
    I'm going through stuff looking for things to sell and stumbled on something interesting. I have this cardboard box with a black frog silhouette on it. It says "Dissect This" on it, and contains a cassette tape with selections from Magnified. Seems like a neat little promo item. There's still a shipping label with Slash Records' return address on it.

Anybody know if it's worth anything?
    I'm currently saving to see them 10 times on a hopeful tour and $150 mega deluxe version of their hopeful new album otherwise I'd be glad to take that off your hands! I'm sure you could fetch a bit for it on ebay, I've never seen that item before. Would you be willing to post a photo of it?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm currently saving to see them 10 times on a hopeful tour and $150 mega deluxe version of their hopeful new album otherwise I'd be glad to take that off your hands! I'm sure you could fetch a bit for it on ebay, I've never seen that item before. Would you be willing to post a photo of it?
    Sorry they're rotated weird.

http://imgur.com/a/R33yC

If you can't read it, it's 4 tracks - Frogs, Moth, Undone and Magnified. The other side of the tape is totally blank, no label on it or writing of any kind.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Looks pretty cool, thanks for the photos. Not sure what something like that could go for, tbh. Maybe ebay list it and post a link on the failure tribute page on facebook?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    *Obligatory thread bump in light of the first reunion show taking place tonight* Please share anything in relation!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So I'm here in the venue and the merch available are shirts and posters with the guy with the gun from Fantastic Planet album cover.

The exclusive vinyl is also available.

Would try and grab a picture when I can.

And no opening band tonight.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Poster

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Frickin awesome! Any idea whats on the limited vinyl?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Weird, let's show a 15 minute collage of movie clips. On Windows Media Player no less!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Frickin awesome! Any idea whats on the limited vinyl?
    Nope. Didn't buy it, I only saw the words Solaris 2014 on it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    An interview posted today, new songs in the works!

http://news.radio.com/2014/02/13/failure-the-return-of-the-greatest-90s-band-youve-never-heard/

I wish so bad that I could be at the show right now

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Okay technically one can't buy the vinyl as you need to have a specific ticket to do so.

Anyway the show was great. Lots of Fantastic Planet material but equally balanced out by the first two albums.

Sorry no set list from me, I couldn't remember them all. Troy missing did have some effect on the live show as both Greg and Ken had to constantly pause between songs to switch instruments and tune them. Oh for you guitar tone crazies, they both were using Fractals. And they played an hour and a half so I got my money's worth.

Overall it was a great show. Can't wait to see them again in May with A Perfect Circle.

HEY! SOMEONE POST THE SETLIST!
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/failur...-73c5021d.html
    Last edited by virushopper; 02-14-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wow............mind blown and I wasn't even at the show. Sounds like theyre a ways off from releasing a new record from the sound of the interview. Wonder if theyll end up doing a tour before that would happen.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    And what is going on with the amp cabs?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    so jealous I wasn't there... must have been some good show, and it's on dime already!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And what is going on with the amp cabs?

Sunn Model 12 Amps. I was mesmerized by them during the show. I saw the Sunn logo but had no idea if the cabinets were real or props until I just did an image search. They fit the feel of the band perfectly. Very Kubrickian.

The show was awesome. The band sounded great. I was hoping they'd play one of those new tunes, but I can't complain. They hit all the highlights and sounded great for a band playing its first gig in almost two decades.

I liked the film clips before the show. It actually did help put the pieces together of their inspirations for the band.
    Last edited by oldschool; 02-15-2014 at 03:35 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Cool, thanks for posting about those cabs! Never seen anything like that before in my life. What clipswere they playing before the show? I saw on youtube just a glimpse of the fantastic planet movie. Also, would someone be so kind as to pm/post a boot of the show if they come across one in decent quality?
    A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool, thanks for posting about those cabs! Never seen anything like that before in my life. What clipswere they playing before the show? I saw on youtube just a glimpse of the fantastic planet movie. Also, would someone be so kind as to pm/post a boot of the show if they come across one in decent quality?
    A
    I believe these were the clips (not in order):
    Andrei Tarkovsky's "Solaris" and "The Sacrifice"
    Stanley Kubrick's "2001: A Space Odyssey"
    The opening sequence of "The Spy Who Loved Me" spliced with parts of Failure's "Stuck On You" video
    A clip from "The Ren and Stimpy Show" were they are in space
    "Fantastic Planet"

Before the clips started they had a short explantation stating that in lieu of an opening band they decided to share films that were an inspiration to the band.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think it's pretty badass how they synced the sample they used in another space song with the movie, then boom! curtain drops

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Was a great show, anybody come across Solaris 2014 rip yet? Didn't manage a vinyl ticket myself.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Failure...i saw those guys at Lollapalooza 97 or so...the one with Tool and Prodigy and Tricky and Snoop.
    I was frying, and they were SO mesmerizing.
    That one show changed the way i play guitar forever....i just LOVE the octaving.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Sweet baby Jesus. That is a mind-boggling setlist.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Really happy this band is back together, now please tour somewhere outside of LA!!!

Bootleg of the reunion show, decent quality: http://www.darshun.com/2014/02/failure-to-success.html
    Last edited by gorny540; 02-17-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Solaris 2014

Pretty kick ass me thinks. Very contemporary sounding, but still totally "Failure". I like Greg's vox here a lot too.