Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pearl Jam

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    Shame they can't gig a ton in support of album

Pun aside given how creative this album is compared to, well shit now that I think about, the last 20 years worth of PJ material, I'd actually be excited to see them for the first time in, well shit, 20 years.

Also quite curious just to see how they'll execute Dance of the Clairvoyants live.
    Same thing happened with the new STP. Even before coronavirus, Jeff Gutt needed surgery and the tour was pulled, and the album just sort of came and went.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    Shame they can't gig a ton in support of album

Pun aside given how creative this album is compared to, well shit now that I think about, the last 20 years worth of PJ material, I'd actually be excited to see them for the first time in, well shit, 20 years.

Also quite curious just to see how they'll execute Dance of the Clairvoyants live.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    God damn mike McCready, dude's been copying my humor and guitar playing style for years

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I really just know and like the stuff still played on the radio, but I really dug the new record. It has a shape and form to it that pays much debt to the time when albums were meant to be taken as a whole, but is not so slavishly dedicated that it seems like a knock-off. It's classic PJ back to front.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Listen to Pearl Jam cover Soundgarden’s ‘Hunted Down’

If you can find the source of the files it should be easy enough to listen to them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Gigaton is great, the last few tracks needed time to digest. Take The Long Way sounds like a Soundgarden track. No surprise it's a Matt Song.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I came across this video and starting at 12:30 they discuss Brendan O'Brien and how the band's relationship with him has evolved over the years. I'm sure it's old news but thought I'd share just in case. Lots to unpack but basically what I hear is that BOB became more of a Rick Rubin type of producer over time, as well as the band going from a more improvisational style of songwriting to pre-production/demos and the like.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

It's free for a week so even if you're only slightly interested you should check it out.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

lol at the store names at the beginning.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I don't know if it's still up but I found a copy someone recorded. It's a really interesting listen, though I have no idea who Charles H. is. It's gotta be Josh though given how much Stone references him being there for the recording and we already know most of it was recorded remotely with Josh.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    the Supersuckers put this out officially today and it's great:

Eddie did this with them back in 2014

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://goodmusic2020.bandcamp.com/track/get-it-back
    https://pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-...ng-get-it-back

Pearl Jam - Get It Back
    from Good Music to Avert the Collapse of American Democracy, Volume 2 by Various Artists Working to Avert the Collapse of American Democracy

Buy the Full Digital Album
    credits
    from Good Music to Avert the Collapse of American Democracy, Volume 2, releases October 2, 2020
    PRODUCED BY
    Josh Evans and Pearl Jam

MIXED BY
    Josh Evans

ENGINEERED BY

John Burton and Josh Evans

RECORDED AT
    GT Studios, Seattle WA

MIXED AT
    A. Street Sound, Seattle WA

Jeff Ament - Bass, Moog Taurus
    Mike McCready - Guitar
    Stone Gossard - Guitar
    Eddie Vedder - Vocals
    Matt Cameron - Drums, Percussion, Rhodes, Guitar

Words and Music: Matt Cameron (Theory Of Color [GMR])
    huh.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    For 10c members, Vault #10 was finally announced today, and it's the (in)famous Moline 2014 show that had No Code performed in full (along with a couple dozen other songs). Kind of confused, since I thought the vault stuff was meant for shows that didn't already have official live recordings (it does mention that it's been remixed). Either way, it'll be damn nice to have this on vinyl. I think this is the first one to be on 4LPs, too.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 10-10-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

it's ok, that's all.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    That's also a true statement for Gigaton.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So on their 30th anniversary they released an old show instead of, say, a remote performance or something. ok?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    the whole philly thing is yet another political statement, seems like that matters more than the 30 years atm.

happy birthday PJ!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Seems like an announcement of the 2020, I mean 2021, European Summer Tour getting pushed back yet again to 2022 is imminent.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Third time's the charm? 2021 Euro tour officially pushed to June/July 2022.

Their London Hyde Park 2010 show will be streamed for free on youtube, facebook, and nugs.net this weekend from Friday 8pm ET until Monday 11:59PM ET

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    and hopefully we get some new music and the US rescheduled dates before that they could go out in the spring 2022 for these.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I mean, the artwork for Gigaton was literally cut in half so it would make sense they have something to go.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I hope the second one is called Notagig.. as in, not a gig to be played for this album heh.

I'll see myself out.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/pea...o-coming-soon/

Pearl Jam Pop! figures from Funko coming soon
    uh, ok.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    186 concerts added to streaming services as part of the Deep digital archive.
    https://consequence.net/2021/05/pear...-archive-deep/

Funny, I was just looking at replacing my old 3xCD of the Penn State 5/3/2003 recording. At the time it was their longest concert, around 3 hours 10 minutes.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    2021 PEARL JAM NO CODE CLEAR VINYL REISSUE

Regular price$31.98

and it's gone.

CLEAR VINYL EDITION- Limited Edition/Ten Club only
    To celebrate the 25th anniversary of No Code, Pearl Jam reissues No Code on 150-gram CLEAR vinyl. This is the first time the album has been available on the format since its original release and the first time the album is being mastered specifically for vinyl, by Grammy Award-winning engineer Bob Ludwig. It features recreations of their original packaging, including the set of nine random replica Polaroids/lyric cards

The 1996 sessions for No Code featured longtime producer Brendan O'Brien (his third consecutive collaboration with the band) and drummer Jack Irons, who’d joined the band at the end of the Vitalogy sessions. They explored new approaches to writing and recording, developing songs out of jam sessions and eschewing their stadium-grunge style for self-examining ballads, garage rock and even psychedelic sounds. No Code became the band’s third consecutive No. 1 album, with lead single "Who You Are"topping Billboard’s Modern Rock chart.

This is a pre-order. Limit 1 per order. No quantity limit, while supplies last.
    Street date- August 13

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This is the first time the album has been available on the format since its original release and the first time the album is being mastered specifically for vinyl

Not sure why they said this since it def was reissued by the band in 2016. I own that reissue lol The other surprising part of this is that its on 150g and not 180g -- seems like a cheap route.

I checked the boards and a ton of 10c members missed out on it so I think it was VERY limited.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yeah, I saw that same comment on another pearl jam board, that the 2016 reissue exists and it's weird they don't acknowledge it here. Though apparently a couple of the songs on the reissue are different takes than what was on the original release even?

I was just looking at buying said reissue so yay on saving me some money.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Amazon is now listing a black vinyl No Code reissue for August 13th release up for pre-order, with the same verbage as what the clear 10c version had. Either they forgot about the 2016 version, or this 2021 version will be using the original take of Who You Are. Something strange is afoot with this.