Page 147 of 156 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,410 of 4661

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That's terrible. One of the many reasons why I don't go into the water, you just never know.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    That's terrible. One of the many reasons why I don't go into the water, you just never know.
    It turns out the guy wasn’t local but went there every day for about 5 or 6 years:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...17-p59xe7.html

I’m deathly afraid of open water. Hell, if I’m in an in-ground pool I can just picture a shark coming at me if I have goggles on underwater. Even shallow water down here, with all the poisonous shit we have, you don’t know what you’ll step on. I’ll go on a (large) boat but that’s enough for me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Greg Abbott is pure evil. God damn this is awful.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

so the new DA has 'doubts' about a case that was years in the making? Hmm, I wonder if they've bought a new house or had some debts paid recently.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Greg Abbott is pure evil. God damn this is awful.

This is going to kill a lot of kids and teens in Texas.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    This is going to kill a lot of kids and teens in Texas.
    Ugh Texas is Gilead.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-02-2022 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I mean sure, why not.

Bring it on demon.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Kind of surprised it took four days for this to be news.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Sad Bruce Willis news:

Bruce Willis reportedly battling memory loss
    Iconic action movie star Bruce Willis is reportedly battling early-onset memory loss, and is churning out straight-to-video releases to earn as much money as possible while he’s still able to work.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...d861d1d2bc7c85

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Damn

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Fuck.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Matt Eskandari, who directed several recent Willis films including Hard Kill, Survive the Night and Trauma Center, chimed into the comments section of the video to address the memory loss rumours.

“I read somewhere that Bruce Willis has dementia, that’s he’s not really aware of what’s going on around him,” one user wrote.

Eskandari replied, “Yes this is true my guy I directed four movies with him so I know first hand. It’s (a) sad situation seeing a legend like Bruce deteriorating right in front of your eyes. I saw it while working with him (the) last few years.”

Replying to another user who said Willis had “fallen from grace” after working with directors like Quentin Tarantino, Brian De Palma and Wes Anderson, Eskandari wrote bluntly, “He has dementia.”

According to OK!, Willis was seen using an earpiece to feed him lines as far back as 2015 during his Broadway debut in Misery. The insider claimed he was seriously struggling during filming of M. Night Shyamalan’s 2019 film Glass.

“While filming Glass, staffers worked around him by cutting and editing and having him overdub lines because he struggled to remember and/or deliver them,” they told the publication.

“In most scenes on Glass he’s hooded, and they used stand-in and body doubles to replace him. On set, he wouldn’t smile and was always chaperoned by an assistant to guide him while walking.”

They added, “The good news is that although there is the real concern of dementia fears, it largely has not impacted his ability to work in Hollywood – and in true super hero form – he won’t slow down because new technology like ear pieces allows actors of his caliber not to skip a beat.”

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    At least 24 shot at Arkansas car show.

And, so far, this one sounds like it ISN'T a typical American "mass shooting."

It sounds more like a gunfight.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

this guy...holy shit, this guy.

edit;

fucking good!

Last edited by allegate; 03-24-2022 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    jerk ass

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, that's the line of thinking for a lot of companies at the moment. "How can we fuck our employees while also making sure they won't leave us?" Lots of employees are out there are acting like battered wives, hiding their metaphorical bruises and saying "They didn't mean to hurt me! They're not so bad! They'll change!" Companies think they can just replace people with ease because they don't see the value in respecting employees and listening to their concerns and needs. They're just concerned about getting them in and getting them working. What they haven't realized is that, slowly, people are starting to get wise to what they're up to, and that those employees that were oh so replaceable maybe were more valuable than they thought they were. I'm seeing this sort of thing happen where I work (thankfully I work for a separate company in the same building, so I don't have the same issue as the other employees there). They've refused to give raises for the last year and change, and have kept their hourly pay the same while other companies in the area are getting wise and raising them. They had eighteen employees quit within a two week period at the end of last year. A lot of them were very vocal about how they were being treated, and were essentially told "tough shit". Now the company is in a bind because, FOR SOME INEXPLICABLE REASON, they can't replace said employees. It has admittedly made my job a bit tougher, but I've been upfront about not taking on their burden for the most part. I am not wearing myself out just because they don't want to do what is right. I have to believe that these fuckers will either get it or go out of business. If they want to survive, they have to adapt. If they continue to be stubborn and see their employees as just zeros and ones and not people...well...they're fucked.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Still almost inexplicably employer’s wonder why there is a labor shortage? Being in the industry I’m both surprised and not that this person could be so dense. When even here in S.D. Taco John’s is starting at $16 an hour. It does suck for those who can’t afford a week or two without work so s to be able to just walk however.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Well well well.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Unfortunately, that's the line of thinking for a lot of companies at the moment. "How can we fuck our employees while also making sure they won't leave us?" Lots of employees are out there are acting like battered wives, hiding their metaphorical bruises and saying "They didn't mean to hurt me! They're not so bad! They'll change!" Companies think they can just replace people with ease because they don't see the value in respecting employees and listening to their concerns and needs. They're just concerned about getting them in and getting them working. What they haven't realized is that, slowly, people are starting to get wise to what they're up to, and that those employees that were oh so replaceable maybe were more valuable than they thought they were. I'm seeing this sort of thing happen where I work (thankfully I work for a separate company in the same building, so I don't have the same issue as the other employees there). They've refused to give raises for the last year and change, and have kept their hourly pay the same while other companies in the area are getting wise and raising them. They had eighteen employees quit within a two week period at the end of last year. A lot of them were very vocal about how they were being treated, and were essentially told "tough shit". Now the company is in a bind because, FOR SOME INEXPLICABLE REASON, they can't replace said employees. It has admittedly made my job a bit tougher, but I've been upfront about not taking on their burden for the most part. I am not wearing myself out just because they don't want to do what is right. I have to believe that these fuckers will either get it or go out of business. If they want to survive, they have to adapt. If they continue to be stubborn and see their employees as just zeros and ones and not people...well...they're fucked.
    We may be seeing a turning of the tide on this front. The recent swath of union victories across the country going back to last year's John Deere strike all the way up to the massive Amazon win on Staten Island & the consistent Starbucks union victories have been basically the only good news on the left for the last year or so.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    We may be seeing a turning of the tide on this front. The recent swath of union victories across the country going back to last year's John Deere strike all the way up to the massive Amazon win on Staten Island & the consistent Starbucks union victories have been basically the only good news on the left for the last year or so.
    In my personal opinion, unions do more to help the left than political parties do.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I wish one day DeSantis comes out as secretly gay and has a lover on the side - just like all the other politicians that have been against the LGBTQ+ community.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    This week I learned DeSantis is only 43 years old and I was shocked (SHOCKED). Still am, tbh.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I wish one day DeSantis comes out as secretly gay and has a lover on the side - just like all the other politicians that have been against the LGBTQ+ community.
    This is the way.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Elon Musk to buy Twitter for $44 Billion. Jesus christ.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    What in the fat fishes of a phenomenal fahrvergnügen
    fuck is going on with Elon?

(Edit: I didn't make that line up; it's from this insane, 6 minute like...friendly rap duel track, if you will, between Eminem and Busta Rhymes, and if you like serious lyrical hip hop, this one can't be missed. I had to throw that in there.)

Don't he supposed to move us all to Mars or whatever? Like, whatever I dislike about the guy, he was legitimately working on something to advance humanity: something that would have potentially been in Martian or Europan history books in 2112.

But now he wanna be a free speech warrior.

I sincerely hope that this is about MONEY, and enriching himself so that he can continue his work, and NOT about political idiocy.

You know what WON'T be in history books of the future? Dumb, temporary culture war bullshit.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-26-2022 at 10:02 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Is this the first positive Florida Man sighting?!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." --Hunter S. Thompson

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Is this the first positive Florida Man sighting?!
    Now, this is fucking awesome. It also reminds me of something that occurred recently, in the elevenism household.
    My wife keeps getting these ads with a picture of White Jesus that say "God needs YOU to have a bible on your PHONE!"
    And then, there was a variation: "GOD wants YOU to read a BIBLE VERSE on your phone, EVERY DAY!"

SO. Amateur theologian that i am, i came up with a LOVELY verse for the day, Ezekiel 23:20, which states, and i quote
    "She lusted after lovers with genitals as large as a donkey's and emissions like those of a horse." -Ezekiel 23:30

My wife thought i made that up. YOU may think i'm making it up. But i'm not.

There's your magic bible verse for the day.
    Furthermore, there's a whole holy HELL of a lot more weird bullshit where that came from.