Fucking Libertarians.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

amazing quote:
    "Your boos mean nothing to me. I've seen what you cheer for."

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ellie Kemper...

My family dines with Mitch McConnell, runs a chunk of the west coast health insurance industry, and has probably donate millions to the republican party. I believe in single payer health care and would happily remove one of McConnel's eyes if he was ever within arm's reach. The people who raised me and my teenage years don't define me.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Morgan Wallen’s Four-Month Ban at Country Radio Is Quietly Lifted

Again, it's not cancel culture it's slightly-inconvenienced culture.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Not really sure where to post this, but this is a great opinion piece about a girl from Utah with Down Syndrome being excluded from photos:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/18/opini...rry/index.html

What he says about children with disabilities being "managers" is spot-on; I'm glad he shot it straight.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

amazing quote:
    The fucked up part here is, this guy WAS overreaching. You can't act like that and not expect to have somebody shut you down in some whimpering way. He had to have known that. You can't come to the floor in that sort of environment and starts shouting about how the opposing party is guilty of stuff... even if everything you're saying is true.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    The fucked up part here is, this guy WAS overreaching. You can't act like that and not expect to have somebody shut you down in some whimpering way. He had to have known that. You can't come to the floor in that sort of environment and starts shouting about how the opposing party is guilty of stuff... even if everything you're saying is true.
    But do they cut Jim Jordan's mic?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    But do they cut Jim Jordan's mic?
    Completely fair point, and they should. Mark Meadows too. And when Matt Gaetz showed up with his stupid gas mask to mock mask-wearing, he should have just been strangled.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    except you want them to play by the normal rules of decorum whereas the Republicans have thrown them all out the window. Ron Johnson wants it both ways when he goes out to events: you play by their rules and they get pissed off.

Sen. Ron Johnson booed at Milwaukee's Juneteenth celebration
    "You've got some people here that are sort of nasty," Johnson said amidst the boos. "It's unfortunate. Again, this is not how you heal this nation. You come down here, you try to interact with people, you try to be nice. This isn't very nice, is it?"
    Boo-hoo you racist fuck.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    it really is the thing we're dealing with at this point, isn't it? The rules of decorum, under the Trump administration, got INSANE. Everything got insane.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Britney Spears made a virtual appearance before the judge today and WOW did she let em have it.

SO PROUD OF HER. #FREEBRITNEY

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/...ip-1235003940/
    Last edited by allegro; 06-24-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Britney Spears made a virtual appearance before the judge today and WOW did she let em have it.

SO PROUD OF HER. #FREEBRITNEY

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/...ip-1235003940/
    So a recorded version of her appearance got leaked to YouTube and holy shit. She does talk kinda fast and stumbles over her words a bit - but it’s very clearly because she’s angry and nervous. She otherwise sounds very clear and lucid, even when she stops referencing her notes at certain points.

It’s a total departure from her bizarre Instagram ramblings which makes sense when you consider her claim that they put her on Lithium against her will. That drug will fuck you up if you don’t need it.

She’s a real life Ashley O, and it’s horrifying. I HOLLERED when she said everyone involved should be in jail. I got tears when she said that she thought everyone would make fun of her and nobody would believe her. They forced her into getting an IUD for fuck’s sake.

Fuck Britney’s dad. All my homies hate Britney’s dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    It's horrendous! But, a quick side note, because my wife is a sexual health nurse and we had a long conversation about the IUD part, which is beyond fucked up, but still: Britney didn't say that it was inserted against her will, only that she has it and now that she wants to plan a pregnancy they won't let her make an appointment to have it removed. A lot of sites misquote her on this, and if it turns out that it was inserted against her will then the healthcare provider should join the list of people that need to go to jail!

Sadly, there is a long history of forced sterilization in America, mostly WoC, so it's also not unimaginable, and is a serious issue, but if you check what she said I don't think that's what happened to her.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    She's going to be turning 40 later this year, basically half her life is gone. They gotta end this now.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It’s likely, since she has been under the care and control of the Conservatorship for 13 years, that the IUD was inserted not by her free will. She’s also been forced to work, forced to undergo what could be considered excessive therapy, her IG feed is obviously monitored and she made it pretty clear in her statement that she was punished for speaking out or being truthful in the past, with MORE drugs and treatment. So she was using DANCE to express herself, which makes me so sad. So sad.

This is a human rights violation, it’s clearly human trafficking. She’s NOT safe among these people and someone needs to intervene to remove her from those people.

She should NOT have to submit to another evaluation. Those could be rigged and weighted, and her parents can object to releasing her. Her parents have been using her as a cash cow since she was 3 years old.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-24-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    yes! Cash cow! when she was still new (late 90s), there was a skit on snl where they basically insinuate that her parents are forcing her to be sexy. i wish i could find it but all that comes up when they portrayed her earlier this year. when she was spiraling out in public in 2007, it was sad. she was being taken advantage by sam lufti. her parents then sought the conservatorship. i remember thinking that was good because the people in her life were taking full advantage of her. then the circus album came out and she had to promote it. i saw one appearance where it looked like she wanted to be anywhere else. that was kinda when i realized that maybe they werent helping her. then hearing that even her brother and her sister were on the payroll seemed to be a red flag.

i fucking love britney. i decided i liked her during her “black out” phase. that album was really the last time she seemed like she was in control. my daughter loves her too. she calls her “britney spirit”. i hope her spirit gets to be free.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Have you seen the “Framing Britney Spears” documentary on Hulu? It’s shocking and really really disturbing.

Attorney Joyce Vance wrote this piece about the Britney Spears Conservatorship that’s really worth a read:

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/britne...ttern-n1272260

If you watch the above-referenced documentary, you will see that the PAPARAZZI is guilty of harassing Britney Spears RELENTLESSLY, which should be ILLEGAL. That’s not freedom of the press; it’s invasive, harassment, and reckless endangerment. Paparazzi are NOT the press.

Last edited by allegro; 06-24-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    There was a time when one of her kids, I think her oldest son, posted on Instagram about how mean grandpa is, and it immediately got deleted. This was a couple of years ago, I think....

Found it, happened last year.
    https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/04/britn...ht-quit-music/

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I worked with people with severe mental health issue for a bit. These were people with significant, constant hallucinations and delusions who also had heroin or meth addictions.

Over the course of a year and a half I worked with maybe 2 or 3 under conservatorship. It's A very extreme measure we don't even typically apply to shocking levels of mental illness

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    We had clients under guardianships who were elderly and suffered from dementia, and they often got taken advantage of by their guardians. It's not a failsafe situation, and the elderly are often stripped of their rights - even elderly who have fully-functional capacity.

Read this horrifying article:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...e-their-rights

People are saying that Britney was "on drugs" or "was drinking" but she's saying she never did either (aside from occasional social drinking), and the only drugs she was on was/is psych drugs that THEY were giving to her.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-24-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I feel guilty now for watching that US show she gave THAT performance on. Did that start this whole thing?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    4 Dead, 159 Unaccounted for in Florida Condo Collapse - so sad

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/25/10102...lding-collapse

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    4 Dead, 159 Unaccounted for in Florida Condo Collapse - so sad

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/25/10102...lding-collapse
    Has anyone seen the video of the collapse? It looks like a controlled demolition. I'm not saying that's what it was, though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    it's going to be 110 in Seattle today. yesterday it was 104 which was the all time high for Seattle. it's 80 at 5:30 AM. restaurants & other businesses are closed today. supposed to cool off by 20 degrees tomorrow which is still plenty warm for here.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Stay cool @chuckrh !

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Regarding the Florida building collapse - I heard on the radio this morning that one of the son's who is still waiting to find out information on his parents, his parents phone keeps ringing his cell phone, but every time he picks up it's static. Ugh! How terrible, my heart breaks for everyone there.