Page 153 of 156 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,590 of 4661

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Elon ‘Worlds Biggest Bag of Shit’ Musk is going scorched earth. Banning multiple reporters, including from CNN, in his latest bout of free speech advocacy.

Thread: https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/...bn7hmPBJpVKvhQ

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    He’s invented MAGA the gathering cards

Last edited by allegate; 12-16-2022 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    NC sheriff rules out right-wing activist as suspect in power outage after praying with her

WTAF is this. It's kind of doing the opposite of what they thought it would do in that now I am even more certain she's part of it and I'm kind of looking at the cops sideways now as well.

Well, more sideways.
    This woman was an army psychological operations officer, and she's coming out with this shit? It's scary, I know a few people who've been radicalised online during the pandemic, completely innocuous people just going round the bend

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    In a shocking turn of events, that poll he put up was just to save face.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    In a shocking turn of events, that poll he put up was just to save face.

His burning of twitter has at least allowed me and many others to grow on other social media platforms, so at least when it does die the impact for creators shouldn't be as bad at least...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Air Force intel officer cops to stashing hundreds of top secret docs at home

WASHINGTON – An ex-Air Force intelligence officer admitted to “willfully” keeping top secret documents on a thumb drive and computer in his Tampa, Fla. home, a federal plea agreement signed last week reveals.

Retired Lt. Col. Robert Birchum, 54, pled guilty Friday to a charge of “unlawful retention of national defense information” after investigators discovered he’d kept 135 top secret, secret and classified files on the thumb drive and computer hard drive in 2017, the plea deal states.

The charge, filed in the US District Court for the Middle District of Florida, carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Founder James O’Keefe Claims Project Veritas Ouster Linked to Pfizer Sting in Farewell to Staff

darn. but wait, in true PV fashion...

O’Keefe, who appeared to be talking to gathered Project Veritas staffers, said the video, which was published anonymously on the streaming platform Vimeo, was “just for us,” and was being recorded “for internal distribution,” though he seemed to want the footage released widely.
    And I was wondering about the tenor of the article given the opening paragraph but then I saw it's from National Review.

Oh.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Ugh, he’s also REALLY racist.

https://apnews.com/article/animation...43fdc095be9fcb

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah, that's what my link was about as well. Catbert, head of HR, finally had enough

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's what my link was about as well. Catbert, head of HR, finally had enough
    Dilbert stopped being funny a long time ago. I’ve been wondering why it’s still on the front page of the Chicago Tribune comics section for a long time.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Dilbert stopped being funny a long time ago.
    yeah... I mean, I probably haven't read anything since they early 2000s to be honest. I had other web-based comics that took up my time.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I’ve been wondering why it’s still on the front page of the Chicago Tribune comics section for a long time.
    Well, chances are that the majority of people who were enjoying Dilbert on the front page of the Chicago Tribune back in the 90ies might be a tad adverse to change now...

yeah... I mean, I probably haven't read anything since they early 2000s to be honest. I had other web-based comics that took up my time.
    Same here... And their author ended up being a gigantic douche nozzle too.
    Last edited by Khrz; 02-25-2023 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    oh, Sinfest, yeah... geez, probably haven't read that since ~2004.... Goats was always more my thing (and now, Scenes From A Multiverse).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://alaskapublic.org/2023/02/22/...-abuse-deaths/
    Could a child dying from abuse actually benefit society, Eastman asked hypothetically.

“It can be argued, periodically, that it’s actually a cost savings because that child is not going to need any of those government services that they might otherwise be entitled to receive and need based on growing up in this type of environment,” he said.
    Rep. David Eastman, R-Wasilla

hmm...about that.

https://davideastman.org/on-the-issues/protecting-life/

Paying for abortion with taxpayer dollars, as currently takes here in Alaska, is not only morally reprehensible—it also erodes the culture of life that is essential to successfully combat the evils of infanticide, child abuse and domestic violence.
    and of course:

David is a father of four kids (3 girls and a boy), a member of the Alaska Peace Officers Association, and is endorsed by Alaska Right to Life. As a former police officer, firefighter and EMT, the motto “That Others May Life” means a great deal to David—and the youngest and oldest members of our community are no exception.
    That's not a real motto for anyone.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Don Lemon said some PRETTY misogynistic/ageist stuff the other day, about "a woman's prime," and is now in sensitivity training. Something like "EVERYONE knows a woman's prime is in her 20s, 30s...maybe 40s. Google it!"
    And he WASN'T talking about prime years for having kids.

He was talking about Nikki Haley's age. It was fucking priceless, as he was sitting between two female co hosts who REALLY didn't appreciate it.

I like him alright, but he sure put his foot in his mouth, this time, and I DON'T think "sensitivity training" is gonna fix this: rather, I'm of the mind that he accidentally said some shit he truly believes.

Edit: also, I'm with you, @allegate . I don't think "that others may life"... I mean, is that a misprint, or some grammatically ill advised pro life take on "That Others May Live?"
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-26-2023 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I did but not have this as a fear this morning.
    Last edited by allegate; 03-09-2023 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The Ohio corruption scandal continues:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...2f338368&ei=21

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The whole Mondo/Funko news is pretty sad. They're applying damage control, after firing everyone that made Mondo what it is today.

When you piss off Elijah Wood and Daniel Danger, you have gone too far. This really sucks, but thankfully everyone is speaking out on it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

what. the. actual. fuck.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yeah, this sucks. I completely understand why Dominion would accept such a huge settlement amount, but man we all wanted to see some of those garbage humans be forced to take the stand and suffer under cross examination. I feel like this means the other company suing them for a bajillion dollars will end up settling for a large sum as well. Shame, b/c as big at these amounts are, they aren't big enough to cripple Fox or Murdoch.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    For as bad as this sounds, at least the seals were intact so the explosive material wasn't stolen. I mean, hopefully?

30 Tons of Explosive Chemicals Lost During Rail Shipment to California
    About 60,000 pounds of ammonium nitrate, a chemical used as a fertilizer and in explosives, went missing on a rail shipment from Wyoming to California in April and has still not been found, officials said.

Dyno Nobel, an explosive manufacturing company, notified the federal government of the loss and said in a statement that it was investigating what happened during the nearly two-week journey.

The company said the rail car with the material was sealed when it left a manufacturing site in Cheyenne, Wyo., and the seals “were still intact” when it arrived in Saltdale, Calif.

“The initial assessment is that a leak through the bottom gate on the rail car may have developed in transit,” the statement said.

A report made on May 10 to the National Response Center, a federal emergency call center for railroad incidents, said that the rail car left Wyoming on April 12 and arrived in California empty.

Dyno Nobel said that the rail car was transported back to Wyoming for further investigation and that it had “limited control” of the train’s activity while the cargo was being transported.

Kristen South, a spokeswoman for the rail carrier, Union Pacific, said in a statement that the company’s investigation was in its “early stages.”

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    last week, i told my obama era children that if trump had been elected before they were born, that they probably would not be here. sorry kids.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Sonic Boom over DC as Fighter Jets Scrambled to Intercept Unresponsive Aircraft

A. Pretend I took the time I put a little pic of Guile here.

Sonic BOOM!

B. What in the actual fuck?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Sonic Boom over DC as Fighter Jets Scrambled to Intercept Unresponsive Aircraft

A. Pretend I took the time I put a little pic of Guile here.

Sonic BOOM!

B. What in the actual fuck?
    Sounds like a hypoxia event like this one.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I know exactly what you linked to without having to look at it. Here's another famous incident.

Binge watching Mayday is a past time of mine. I don't know how many times I have seen each of the episodes. You learn so much stuff about airplanes and accidents watching this show.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Yeeeeah...or It COULD have been a bunch of other shit.

Chinese balloons, shot down UFOs, unresponsive private jet over DC...

Idk. I look at these stories and think "misdirection."

Naturally, it could be a hypoxia event, but things are just getting so fucking WEIRD.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-16-2023 at 04:46 PM.