Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127
Results 3,781 to 3,802 of 3802

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Damn, right it's too early! lol "Texas family told to take down snowman because too early for Christmas decorations"
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...stmas-n1082106

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Damn, right it's too early! lol "Texas family told to take down snowman because too early for Christmas decorations"
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...stmas-n1082106
    Wish we took that kind of stance, a lot of the shops/restaurants in London have had their christmas decor up since Halloween! AND a few homes on the way home, save that shot for DEC 1st! We're all wishing our lives away!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Twofer:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ts/4259448002/

I already knew IU was shitty, but damn. Stand for something.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    RBG is in the hospital again, this time for fever & chills; possibly infection.

I have a really bad feeling about this. That's the kind of "boring" thing that can take out someone of her age. I'm picturing waking up to really bad news; I hope to god I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    OK i know people from the US aren't big fans of Walmart...but this is seriously fucking bullshit!

Walmart offers Thanksgiving workers measly discount in place of holiday pay

https://www.theguardian.com/business...iday-staff-pay

I'm not an american so Walmart doesn't exactly effect me, but FUCK THEM!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Meanwhile in Toronto... We had a feces throwing bandit on the loose.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2019/11/...ents-arrested/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ourt-1.5375055

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I don't even know what to say about Bevin's pardons other than fuck him and everything he every hopes to do in life moving forward.

Mentioned
    785 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I don't even know what to say about Bevin's pardons other than fuck him and everything he every hopes to do in life moving forward.
    At first, it looks like “oh wow that’s nice” but then it goes off the rails:

According to the secretary of state's website, as many as 161 pardons and 419 commutations of sentences were filed on December 11, including commutations for 336 people who were serving sentences solely for drug related charges.

[...]

That list of pardons includes Blake Walker, who was convicted in 2003 of killing his parents; Kurt Smith, who as a teenager was found guilty of murdering his 6-week old son; Delmar Partin, who was convicted of beheading a woman and stuffing her in a barrel; and Kathy Ann Harless, who left her newborn baby to die in an outhouse.
    The former Republican governor wrote in his executive order that Harless "has paid enough for her death of her new-born son."

Bevin pardoned and commuted the sentences of Dayton Jones, who was convicted in 2016 of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old boy; and Patrick Baker, who convicted of reckless homicide in 2017. The Courier Journal reported that Baker's family had held a fundraiser and donated to Bevin's gubernatorial campaigns. Baker served two years of a 19-year sentence, while his co-defendants are still in prison, the newspaper reported.

The former governor did the same for Micah Schoettle, convicted last year of raping a child and sentenced to 23 years in prison.

"Micah Schoettle was tried and convicted of a heinous crime based only on testimony that was not supported by any physical evidence," Bevin wrote in his executive order signed December 9. "In fact, any and all evidence that is available, refutes the allegations that were made." He added that the case was investigated and prosecuted in a "manner that was sloppy at best."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    There should be a law that freezes pardon powers on election day, and only gets restored if the incumbent wins (or else is restored to the new officer upon swearing in). These "fuck you, I'm out, it doesn't matter what I do" moves are repulsive.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Whats strange is how many of those pardons don't make any sense on the surface coming from an extreme right wing conservative. Would love to know his thought process on some of these. The thought process he gave ona few of them is asinine, and one of the murder convictions he ended the sentence for was for a family that donated $10,000 to him. Gross.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

so he's just doubling down on the whole i'm a fucking tool thing huh.

that's amazing.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

this is the kind of thing that makes normal people want to throw their hands up in the air because of how fucking bonkers it is.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

this is the kind of thing that makes normal people want to throw their hands up in the air because of how fucking bonkers it is.
    I love the "We are a country that puts its citizens second to citizens from other country's" but not us, we speak for truth...and then hosts a station from a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COUNTRY in their 6-9 am and pm slots lol

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    America is a very different country than it used to be. We used to be a country of freedom, job, opportunity, and equality. Now, we are a country that looks down upon traditional values. We are a country that puts its citizens second to citizens of other countries. But most importantly, we are a country that, rather than speaking the truth, we hide it, in fear of being "offensive."
    You people think this is not true?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yes, I do not think that is true. For example: we are still a country of freedom, job, opportunity and equality. It's just that some people *cough*republicans*cough* want to limit freedom and opportunities and equalities for a subset of the population. The only people who think we're railing against our citizens are the ones who think we should make America great again. and we speak plenty of truth but I get where that fear is. It's the same fear that leads to people saying "I don't want to be in a room by myself with a women because something might happen" instead of "as long as I don't act like a total ass this is fine".

Oh no, I can't call someone/thing retarded anymore like I did in middle school. You know what else I'm not doing? Going to middle school. You want to speak the truth? Talk about Prince Andrew and Epstein instead of "Well what about Clinton?!!" finger-pointing. If he's part of that then burn him to the ground but talk about the whole thing instead of ignoring parts of it for the sake of your own argument. The same can be said of the Democrats: instead of screaming "look over there!" and running away, talk about this stuff. It's going to result in a better country and government if you get the actual swamp out of DC - to borrow a phrase - instead of just killing the mosquitoes year after year.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    When they say "make america great again" I've always been curious...What's the EXACT time that they're referring to? Can these rightwingers maybe have a big convention and figure this out? Cause I feel it's this really vague, fuzzy-headed idea that has no actual specificity to it. "Oh man, things used to be so much better...you know, back in the good ol' days...once upon a time...whenever the fuck that is."

I want them to nail it down to an exact year. Was it 1985? 1962? 1863? What's the EXACT time period that we're trying to get back to, where they can say "Okay, right here. This was the precise moment when America was great. After this year, it all went down hill."

Mentioned
    785 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    When they say "make america great again" I've always been curious...What's the EXACT time that they're referring to?
    Especially since Trump and his cult are constantly complaining that people are "saying bad things about America."

So, if you want to "make America great AGAIN," the implication is that it's NOT ALREADY GREAT, that it is NOT "great" right now, and something is really "not great" about it.

So, who's the real "patriot," now?

Trump was getting so much shit over this, he's now tweeting "KAG" - Keep America Great.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Especially since Trump and his cult are constantly complaining that people are "saying bad things about America."

So, if you want to "make America great AGAIN," the implication is that it's NOT ALREADY GREAT, that it is NOT "great" right now, and something is really "not great" about it.

So, who's the real "patriot," now?

Trump was getting so much shit over this, he's now tweeting "KAG" - Keep America Great.
    Well duhhh...America hasn't been great ever since Obummer was in office. But now it IS great because Trump is the best thing to ever happen. But since Crooked Hillary is trying to undo the election, we can't rest easy. Sure, we've succeeded in making america great, but you have to elect Don to another term, then elect all of his brilliant children to multiple terms each, in order to keep America great! How do people not understand this simple concept?

/s

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    When they say "make america great again" I've always been curious...What's the EXACT time that they're referring to? Can these rightwingers maybe have a big convention and figure this out? Cause I feel it's this really vague, fuzzy-headed idea that has no actual specificity to it. "Oh man, things used to be so much better...you know, back in the good ol' days...once upon a time...whenever the fuck that is."

I want them to nail it down to an exact year. Was it 1985? 1962? 1863? What's the EXACT time period that we're trying to get back to, where they can say "Okay, right here. This was the precise moment when America was great. After this year, it all went down hill."
    they appeal to all of them by not saying a specific year though. "well of course they mean 19XX because that was awesome!", XX being the year they first got laid or whatever.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Kobe Bryant has passed away by a helicopter crash... I'm done for today. RIP Mamba.