Page 33 of 151 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 990 of 4518

Thread: Random General Headlines

  1. #961
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Highland Park, IL
    Posts
    14,195
    Mentioned
    968 Post(s)

    Random General Headlines

    The prosecution had a solid case but they're influenced by racism in Florida and they are all worried about keeping their jobs. They totally fucked this case up, everybody in law saw this shit. If you are born white, count your fucking blessings.

    I will NEVER set foot in the state of Florida again for as long as I live.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-14-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: I was typing on an iPhone

  2. #962
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Highland Park, IL
    Posts
    14,195
    Mentioned
    968 Post(s)

    Random General Headlines

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I paid very little attention to this case
    Then shut the fuck up.

  3. #963
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,210
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Them shut the fuck up.
    The jury was there for every moment of this case. I'll take their decision over the opinions of all the people who had their minds made up before the trial was over.

  4. #964
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,210
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The prosecution had a solid case but they're influenced by racism in Florida and they are all worried about keeping their jobs. They totally fucked this case up, everybody in law saw this shit. If you are born white, count your fucking blessings.

    I will NEVER set foot in the state of Florida again for as long as I live.
    What did the prosecution actually fail on? I am curious. It was their responsibility to make that side of the case.

  5. #965
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Highland Park, IL
    Posts
    14,195
    Mentioned
    968 Post(s)

    Random General Headlines

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    The jury was there for every moment of this case. I'll take their decision over the opinions of all the people who had their minds made up before the trial was over.
    This is like OJ. The prosecution left out ton of important evidence. The jury only decided based on jury instructions. I used to PREPARE jury instructions. Have you even SEEN jury instructions?

    I've been in law for 25 years, this trial has been a travesty since Day One.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-14-2013 at 10:48 AM.

  6. #966
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,143
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My Mum is so mad over Zimmerman's aquittal. Countdown to riots and repercussions
    starts now. Not even manslaughter!. Florida has just stepped back 200 years.

  7. #967
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,210
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    This is like OJ. The prosecution left out ton of important evidence. The jury only decided based on jury instructions. I used to PREPARE jury instructions. Have you even SEEN jury instructions?

    I've been in law for 25 years, this trial has been a travesty since Day One.
    That's why I am asking YOU what the prosecution left out. I honestly don't know and am curious. I saw this as something super over-politicized and didn't watch it deeply. The reactions of the internet seem to confirm this.

    One thing I did see (because it crosses over into my field) is the firing of a tech director who was basically trying to be a whistleblower on the prosecution. Apparently, they weren't relaying info to the defense.
    http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2...y-director-who


    edit: not even looking for a huge reply. A couple bullet points of key things left out would be appreciated. All I can find now is people throwing tons of politically and racially charged fallacies.

  8. #968
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Man, is there anything worse than white (male) victimhood?

    Direct action is the only way to change the system, not violence. The immediate result of this verdict will be more George Zimmermans, not riots.

  9. #969
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Highland Park, IL
    Posts
    14,195
    Mentioned
    968 Post(s)

    Random General Headlines

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    not even looking for a huge reply. A couple bullet points of key things left out would be appreciated. All I can find now is people throwing tons of politically and racially charged fallacies.
    Too late to discuss; if you'd FOLLOWED this trial, we could discuss. I'm tired.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-14-2013 at 01:13 AM.

  10. #970
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    8,499
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

  11. #971
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Just going from what i know and am able to figure from the matter.

    This Zimmerman trial was a total farce.

    I don't care who you are, you shoot an unarmed human.... provoked or not... you need to be punished.

  12. #972
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,143
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Jury not giving any interviews till tomorrow. My mum's friend who is a sharp 80 yr old said this is just like the OJ Simpson trial and she is right.

  13. #973
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,210
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I don't care who you are, you shoot an unarmed human.... provoked or not... you need to be punished.
    such bullshit. If someone is beating you up, you have a right to self defense. If its a situation where your life is threatened, you can use lethal force.

    Under your ridiculous logic, the man is in this video was unarmed and if the woman pulled a gun out and shot him she should be punished.

  14. #974
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    8,499
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I always envision you sitting around watching the news, drooling and cracking your knuckles, salivating as you log in and click on the news section of this forum whenever something happens.

  15. #975
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Highland Park, IL
    Posts
    14,195
    Mentioned
    968 Post(s)

    Random General Headlines

    He didn't follow the case or the trial, now he's making a fool of himself.

  16. #976
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,593
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: Random General Headlines

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    such bullshit. If someone is beating you up, you have a right to self defense. If its a situation where your life is threatened, you can use lethal force.

    Under your ridiculous logic, the man is in this video was unarmed and if the woman pulled a gun out and shot him she should be punished.
    First off, no one but him truly knows who really started it. What WE know, is the fact that against the dispatcher's instruction to NOT follow him, he did it anyway, and in the end result, he killed a kid and got away with it.

    Gonna have to stay off facebook for the rest of the night. Way too many comments from "butt hurt hipster liberals". I'm tempted to reply "butt hurt hipster conservatives", but I won't (although I technically just did it here).

  17. #977
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Now you're putting words in my post, just because i didn't elaborate just that little more...

    I think it goes without saying that there are UNIQUE circumstances.
    @DigitalChaos Why do you have to go out of your way to justify your insipid obsession with firearms in EVERYTHING?

    Christ you're a fucking tool.

  18. #978
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Zimmerman claims he stopped following once the dispatcher told him to and the prosecution didn't prove otherwise, lets also not forget that the defense withheld and was not allowed to use certain evidence too, like toxicology reports and previous communications highlighting Trayvon's fighting, so it goes both ways as far as evidence goes. DigitalChaos already mentioned the whistleblower.

  19. #979
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,210
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    First off, no one but him truly knows who really started it. What WE know, is the fact that against the dispatcher's instruction to NOT follow him, he did it anyway, and in the end result, he killed a kid and got away with it.

    Gonna have to stay off facebook for the rest of the night. Way too many comments from "butt hurt hipster liberals". I'm tempted to reply "butt hurt hipster conservatives", but I won't (although I technically just did it here).
    Dispacher has no authority and no legal basis AFAIK. Might as well say that the guy didn't listen to his mom. I also think the dispatcher simply told him what he doesn't have to do... not what he must do. edit: yup... Dispatcher: Are you following him? Zimmerman: Yeah. Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.


    Lots of people saying how this is like the OJ trial or Rodney King. All I see is another Casey Anthony trial where the prosecution tries for the highest possible charge that they have no evidence to prove. Hell, they waited till the last minute to throw in manslaughter because of this.

    Add in the heavy media bias on this and it's clear how much emotion is being thrown at the verdict. Lots of people are going to have their hyperbole thrown back in their face after a couple weeks.
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 07-13-2013 at 10:23 PM.

  20. #980
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    8,499
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    On CNN: 'Zimmerman wasn't morally aggressive.' Now, I'm making no claim to be an expert, but isn't following someone with a gun a tad bit...aggressive?

  21. #981
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Highland Park, IL
    Posts
    14,195
    Mentioned
    968 Post(s)

    Random General Headlines

    Here's the big part of law that Americans don't know: win or lose depends on who plays the game better. The jury only sees the game winner's side.

  22. #982
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He had a legal license to carry it and followed until instructed not to, I find nothing aggressive about that.

  23. #983
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    518
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Volt Phantom View Post
    He had a legal license to carry it and followed until instructed not to, I find nothing aggressive about that.
    Sure up until the part where he, you know, shot an unarmed kid.

  24. #984
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,210
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Volt Phantom View Post
    He had a legal license to carry it and followed until instructed not to, I find nothing aggressive about that.
    Eh, he definitely sounds like he had a hero complex of sorts. At least compared to the society of today who is scared of everything. I've done similar things minus the suspicion and minus the gun. I've seen crimes unfold (some were bloody and violent), followed the perp, engaged the perp, gathered evidence, then handed it over to the police. Most people in today's world are too afraid and expect someone else to handle all of their problems. I watch it constantly around here (San Francisco) where a crime unfolds on camera while bystanders turn their head and walk away.

    There is definitely a difference between suspicion and actually seeing a crime. What Zimmerman did was probably a bit over the top but not illegal... just kind of douchey. It certainly didn't give Martin the right to inflict violence though. It's like a bar fight. It's douchey but not illegal to hit on some guy's girlfriend. It's NOT legal for the boyfriend to start beating the shit out of the guy. In some cases, it would be ok for Mr Douche to pull out a gun if he is getting beat up.


    edit: Here is the most recent example of those situations up here in SF. Right after the pride parade some assholes were assaulting people and robbing them. A girl gets knocked unconscious by these fucks and you can see several bystanders do absolutely nothing
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 07-13-2013 at 11:08 PM.

  25. #985
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Sure up until the part where he, you know, shot an unarmed kid.
    Ya because he was attacked, should he have laid there and let Trayvon bash his head completely in? Would that make you happy?

  26. #986
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Highland Park, IL
    Posts
    14,195
    Mentioned
    968 Post(s)

    Random General Headlines

    Spin it to win it, he who dies with the best attorney wins.

  27. #987
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Volt Phantom View Post
    Ya because he was attacked, should he have laid there and let Trayvon bash his head completely in? Would that make you happy?
    So someone's punching and kicking at you and you shoot them point blank in the head or chest?

    I just think there are plenty of other means to disable a person.

    We may obviously judge from the outside looking in without all of the facts and no one really knows what went down that night except for Zimmerman and Trayvon but i know at most the bare minimum of what it takes to make me think this whole damned thing went down so so completely wrong especially in contrast to other situations.

  28. #988
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,210
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Tell that to Marissa Alexander.
    That's the lady who fired warning shots? I wonder if she would have gone free if she was actually trying to shoot him instead of using warning shots. The act of firing "warning shots" is a direct admission that you didn't feel an immediate need for lethal force. And since you are not allowed to pull a gun out unless you are sure you need lethal force (at least where I live)... well, you see the problem. There is also the issue with endangering others when you are shooting like that without a clear location for the rounds to land.

    Sounds like she also didn't "stand her ground" because she didn't stay in the location where things started.

    It also looks like things were much more complicated and didn't reflect well of her: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...e-led-shooting


    But hey, "look, the black woman got 20 years for doing what white (ok only half white) George Zimmerman did" is a much simpler and more emotionally receptive phrasing.

  29. #989
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Highland Park, IL
    Posts
    14,195
    Mentioned
    968 Post(s)

    Random General Headlines

    I know if some fat fuck started following me for no reason while I'm 16 and black just trying to get my black ass and my Skittles back to my dad's house and some fat fuck vigilante started casing my ass, I'd cap him. Because who knows what kinda lynching shit he had in store for me. I'd be defending myself from the fat fuck fake cop wannabe who was told to stay the fuck in his CAR and wait by the GATE for the police to arrive. Because all negro teens armed with Skittles are dangerous enough to wait for the SWAT team to arrive.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-14-2013 at 11:00 AM.

  30. #990
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    So someone's punching and kicking at you and you shoot them point blank in the head or chest?

    I just think there are plenty of other means to disable a person.

    We may obviously judge from the outside looking in without all of the facts and no one really knows what went down that night except for Zimmerman and Trayvon but i know at most the bare minimum of what it takes to make me think this whole damned thing went down so so completely wrong especially in contrast to other situations.
    Zimmerman had a broken nose and said he felt himself losing consciousness from having his head slammed into concrete, don't try to diminish that to something less than what it is.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions