Page 133 of 156 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,990 of 4661

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I'm fairly certain I don't ever want to have him mad at me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Well this is more than slightly creepy, what the heck?

Mysterious metal monolith found in Utah desert

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

I'm fairly certain I don't ever want to have him mad at me.
    I love that. It looks like he’s tweeting from the DIA.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I love that. It looks like he’s tweeting from the DIA.
    @allegate - I did some research, ends up that's his Zoom background.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Well this is more than slightly creepy, what the heck?

Mysterious metal monolith found in Utah desert
    It has now been removed, has the US got its own version of Banksy, a UK graffiti artist. I like the monolith

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Edit: yeah, wrong BLM. I had the dumb. My bad.
    Last edited by Demogorgon; 11-29-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I couldn’t decide whether to post this here or in the little things that piss you off thread, but this isn’t little.

Read the entire thing. You won’t believe it:

Woman asks for her baby gifts back after her friend's child is stillborn at 29 weeks

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/paren...eeks-c-1686567

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    It has now been removed, has the US got its own version of Banksy, a UK graffiti artist. I like the monolith
    So unfortunate that someone apparently stole it. But not exactly surprising. Things like this have much more value when the experience can be shared. Instead of being sequestered away in some fucknut's gallery.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I read somewhere (can't remember where) that it was removed to prevent people damaging the surrounding areas to look at it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Because 2020 isn't through with us yet.

Mystery illness puts over 300 in the hospital in southern India

A "mystery" illness linked to one death put more than 300 people in the hospital over the weekend in the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Dozens of residents in Eluru city started falling ill on Saturday night, with some losing consciousness.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Yikes.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    So nobody has discussed how compromised the U.S Government has been since March 2020 because of what happened to Orion, the SolarWinds network software?

Pretty much every acronym you can think of used it.

33K public and private sector customers? Fuuuuuck.

It's looking like it was Russia but this is complex stuff so who knows.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

oh no, anything but that...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Wtf?!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    And there's already right wing conspiracies rolling that the Dominion voting machine audits were somehow connected to that AT&T location.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    We went to a Thornton's gas station last night to get some pop because everything else was closed. The lady at the counter was telling people as they entered that they could ONLY take cash, that they couldn't take any credit cards, no debit cards, no LINK cards, there was no ATM, and no Lottery sales.

She said the explosion in Nashville had taken out their entire system, and they couldn't even punch in for work so they weren't sure if they'd get paid. This is in a North Shore suburb of Chicago.

Also note, FWIW: AT&T owns CNN.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Nostradamus has some terrifying predictions for 2021

https://honey.nine.com.au/latest/nos...?app=applenews

Bad news for everyone who was banking on a better 2021- according to French astrologer Nostradamus, things are only going to get worse.

The 16th-century astrologer, who has said to have accurately predicted some of the most monumental events in the last few hundred years, including World War II and 9/11, has some dire predictions for the year ahead- including a Zombie attack and the possibility that Earth will be hit by an asteroid.
    According to The Mirror, Nostradamus, who has predictions for every year up until 3797, also apparently predicted the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

1. Zombie apocalypse
    According to Nostradamus, a scientist from Russia will create a biological weapon that create a virus that will turn people into zombies... and the kicker is it will eventually leave us extinct.

2. Biblical famine
    As well as a deadly zombie virus, Earth apparently 'will be hit with a famine of biblical proportions.'
    The 16th-century astrologer said: "After great trouble for humanity, a greater one is prepared, The Great Mover renews the ages: Rain, blood, milk, famine, steel, and plague, Is the heavens fire seen, a long spark running."

3. Solar storms
    Huge storms across Earth will see mass migration and people will start to fight over the few remaining natural resources, which will eventually lead to war.

4. Earth will be hit by an asteroid
    Weather is looking wild in 2021, and if the solar storms weren't enough then maybe the asteroid will be.
    He wrote, "in the sky, one sees fire and a long trail of sparks."

5. Devastating earthquake
    It's going to be a big year for natural disasters next year.
    If you live in California, mark November 25, 2021 in your calendar as a date to be cautious of because an earthquake is predicted to hit.

6. Soldiers will have chips implanted into their brains
    Perhaps the wildest prediction of them all, Nostradamus said that by 2021 technology would have advanced to soldiers having chips implanted in their brains.

Apparently, these soldiers will be needed to save the human race (probably from the Zombies and flood) and will lead the armed forces.
    Bring on 2021!

@elevenism - your thang and my thang. Thangs and stuff.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 12-27-2020 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    We went to a Thornton's gas station last night to get some pop because everything else was closed. The lady at the counter was telling people as they entered that they could ONLY take cash, that they couldn't take any credit cards, no debit cards, no LINK cards, there was no ATM, and no Lottery sales.

She said the explosion in Nashville had taken out their entire system, and they couldn't even punch in for work so they weren't sure if they'd get paid. This is in a North Shore suburb of Chicago.

Also note, FWIW: AT&T owns CNN.
    Coming from an IT background, it's very strange/odd to me that an explosion near downtown Nashville severed cellular data & voice communication for ATT for an entire day, in various parts of the country, including mine. We were without a phone, and internet since we live in the country and the only internet we have is a dedicated hot spot on Christmas day, which was mostly just inconvenient but I will admit it was odd being cut off from the world for a day.

I'm also surprised about the lack of coverage from the media regarding this outage - considering how widespread it was and how this one explosion crippled a major Telco providers network. I know there aren't many details so far regarding the explosion, but... it doesn't make sense to me how this explosion impacted the ATT network to the point where cellular & data coverage was completely disconnected across various parts of the eastern US.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d1stinct View Post
    Coming from an IT background, it's very strange/odd to me that an explosion near downtown Nashville severed cellular data & voice communication for ATT for an entire day, in various parts of the country, including mine. We were without a phone, and internet since we live in the country and the only internet we have is a dedicated hot spot on Christmas day, which was mostly just inconvenient but I will admit it was odd being cut off from the world for a day.

I'm also surprised about the lack of coverage from the media regarding this outage - considering how widespread it was and how this one explosion crippled a major Telco providers network. I know there aren't many details so far regarding the explosion, but... it doesn't make sense to me how this explosion impacted the ATT network to the point where cellular & data coverage was completely disconnected across various parts of the eastern US.
    Oh, there's been tons of coverage, including info as to the guy who did it. They already figured out who did it, they found him via his RV on Google Maps and Google Earth. They found human remains and think it's the suspect, a suicide bombing. He quit claimed his house to a woman in California who didn't know about it. His late father worked for Bell South.

Here's info:

https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...work-hub-after

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...ille-explosion

https://nypost.com/2020/12/27/nashvi...-att-building/

https://www.newsweek.com/nashville-b...-clues-1557416

https://heavy.com/news/anthony-quinn-warner/
    Last edited by allegro; 12-27-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    News update: The bomber committed suicide in the RV. Human tissue matched to DNA from a relative.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...on/4052711001/

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I don't know about any of this but I saw the tweet and...wtf is wrong with white people?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    OK so after a night and some more twitter scanning that's Alec Baldwin's wife? WT actual F.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    OK so after a night and some more twitter scanning that's Alec Baldwin's wife? WT actual F.
    You didn’t KNOW that?

I dunno, she seemed nice. Her family DOES live in Spain. I don’t know why she changed her name, it does smack of cultural appropriation, but maybe it’s also cultural appreciation? I don’t think Alec knew anything about it. This cancel culture thing sure is brutal, though.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It's a blindspot - wives of famous people - that I'm happy to have I guess.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It's a blindspot - wives of famous people - that I'm happy to have I guess.
    She’s a huge presence on IG. She’s friends with other high-profile spouses so she shows up in their feeds. She has five kids and she’s in terrific physical shape and does yoga and posts stuff about health food and stuff. Alec is in her IG feed all the time. I actually used to follow her but it got a little too much. It’s baby baby baby baby baby ...

I gotta say, though, I am TOTALLY surprised by this shit. All this time, she was just another WASP posing as an Hispanic person and it was all bullshit, and she deserves all the smacking down she gets. All.of.it.

See this interview in Hola: https://us.hola.com/en/celebrities/2...ting-children/

She claimed she was "born in Spain" and that her kids speak Spanish.

She was born in Boston, and it's questionable as to whether she speaks fluent Spanish. All her kids have Spanish-influenced names. WTF. She's 100% American WASP.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-28-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    The Queen’s husband doesn’t want a fuss made about his 100th birthday and is into aliens (real ones): https://www.vanityfair.com/style/202...-do-with-party

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    PENTAGON WAR GAME INCLUDES SCENARIO FOR MILITARY RESPONSE TO DOMESTIC GEN Z REBELLION

I don't know if this made the rounds at the time during all of the protests but it's chilling to look back on.